Kickstarter Backer Key Distribution Info

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to The Bard's Tale series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

PsychicMonk
Scholar

Re: Kickstarter Backer Key Distribution Info

Post by PsychicMonk » September 19th, 2018, 10:53 am

thebruce wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 10:27 pm
Didn't notice the Reward Card DLC PDF was that large!

Taking a look at it in detail - 92.84MB of the file is allocated to "Piece Information", whatever that means. So I would say it was certainly not saved in an optimized format. The image content is only a matter of a few MB. It could/should be resaved and redistributed without any loss...
I only noticed it because it took ages to download (only 50-60 kb/s with this file for unknown reasons)
Later I screengrabbed it into a 130 kb webp-file looking exactly the same...

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » September 19th, 2018, 11:23 am

I extracted the raw image, and it's a matter of a couple of MBs.
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

Skysect
Novice

Post by Skysect » September 19th, 2018, 11:24 am

Skysect wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 7:02 pm
Yeah weirdly when I rip this PDF as PNG it's only 3.5 MB. Even I could save it as TXT for 1 KB but 100 MB is a joke.
I said it ages ago. You won't believe to me ?

Greyheart
Initiate

Post by Greyheart » September 19th, 2018, 12:13 pm

phimseto wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 10:20 am
Hey Greyhart, it may be good news/bad news. The bad news is that I found your crowdox profile via your email address, but did not find any support tickets attached to that email? Did you use another? The good news is that while I was in your profile, it looked like your key was emailed to you. Did it arrive?
I used the same email address but that's immaterial as I now have my key! :D Thank you very much for your support, much appreciated.

Cofunguy
Initiate

Post by Cofunguy » September 21st, 2018, 11:00 am

Still waiting sadly for either key. Not putting much hope since it is sad that us backers for this Kickstarter are being treated as scum basically. And don’t say try the survey trick. I have..no keys! Checked spam folder..no thing there.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » September 21st, 2018, 11:17 am

Cofunguy wrote:
September 21st, 2018, 11:00 am
Still waiting sadly for either key. Not putting much hope since it is sad that us backers for this Kickstarter are being treated as scum basically. And don’t say try the survey trick. I have..no keys! Checked spam folder..no thing there.
It looks like you both received your goods and keys on the 18th and we replied to your ticket that day as well with the info, but as we noted in the ticket, there seem to be email issues with emails not getting through. I'm going to private message you here with a screenshot and some info so you can get playing. I also had CrowdOx resend your Digital Goods email so please see if that shows up in either your inbox or any of your filter folders.

Chuck2717
Initiate

Post by Chuck2717 » September 21st, 2018, 1:24 pm

I’ve been sending emails to both inxile and xsolla since Tuesday, and i am still waiting to get my backer rewards.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » September 21st, 2018, 1:32 pm

Chuck2717 wrote:
September 21st, 2018, 1:24 pm
I’ve been sending emails to both inxile and xsolla since Tuesday, and i am still waiting to get my backer rewards.
What's your support ticket # with us?

Chuck2717
Initiate

Post by Chuck2717 » September 21st, 2018, 1:38 pm

Artfle Dodger
Initiate

Post by Artfle Dodger » September 22nd, 2018, 10:51 am

I have an issue with my activation key that is going to require some assistance to solve.

1. I had been using an @yahoo.com address for all retail purchases when I kickstarted the Bard's Tale. This is the email address that was transfered to Crowdox.com.
2. In the interim, Yahoo! mail was acquired by Oath and I refused to accept their privacy terms. I moved all of my accounts to a different email @protonmail instead.
3. Crowdox had no way to update one's email address when I made the move.

What this means is that my activation key was sent to a no-longer existent email address and I have no way to recover it because I deleted the @yahoo.com email address.

Could someone from inxile please DM me or email me at the email I registered with here (@protonmail.com). Will post to the Kickstarter thread as well.

Thank you!

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » September 22nd, 2018, 12:13 pm

@Artfle Dodger, I recommend sending an email to support@inxile.net in case the developers don't see your post. Good luck!

mtbush
Initiate

Post by mtbush » September 22nd, 2018, 12:43 pm

I backed Early Bard on KS and the only digital good I have received is the Firehorn key in my Extras folder. I've submitted two support tickets w/o any response from inXile support.