Kickstarter Backer Key Distribution Info

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to The Bard's Tale series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: Kickstarter Backer Key Distribution Info

Post by Drool » September 18th, 2018, 3:06 pm

Skysect wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 2:32 pm
Got every file from one place. Why I need to download them from CrowdOx ? Is this my punishment as backer ?
Frankly, being able to get books outside of Steam seems pretty convenient to me.

That being said, a minor inconvenience in accessing extras is a rather different beast than "you were lied".
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Skysect
Novice

Post by Skysect » September 18th, 2018, 3:14 pm

Greyheart
Initiate

Post by Greyheart » September 18th, 2018, 3:47 pm

I haven't received my key yet and suspect it's because I still need to choose between Steam and GOG but I can't see how.

When I look at my survey, it says, "You've completed the information needed to get your rewards for The Bard's Tale IV".

The top option says, "The Bard's Tale IV (Digital - None)", which suggests something is not quite right.

If I select the icon it shows, "The Bards Tale IV" icon with a big green arrow next to it but there is nothing selectable apart from the X to close it.

What exactly do I need to do to choose a Steam key?

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » September 18th, 2018, 3:52 pm

@greyhart - get your issue into support at inxile dot com. we'r working to resolve.

@skysect - I appreciate that you are angry and you certainly are due that, but we did not and are not "scamming" anyone. We're working to remedy the situation as quickly as we are able across both CrowdOx and Xsolla.

Skysect
Novice

Post by Skysect » September 18th, 2018, 4:06 pm

phimseto wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 3:52 pm
@greyhart - get your issue into support at inxile dot com. we'r working to resolve.

@skysect - I appreciate that you are angry and you certainly are due that, but we did not and are not "scamming" anyone. We're working to remedy the situation as quickly as we are able across both CrowdOx and Xsolla.
So we can get keys for those extras too ? Otherwise I am going to buy this one. Please give me an answer. I don't know what is your remedy.

https://www.gog.com/game/the_bards_tale ... te_edition

Greyheart
Initiate

Post by Greyheart » September 18th, 2018, 4:08 pm

phimseto wrote:
Cheers! Email sent :)

Skysect
Novice

Post by Skysect » September 18th, 2018, 4:40 pm

phimseto wrote:

Also you seems completely entered wrong prices in Turkey.

Standart Edition is 110 TL
and Premium Edition is 77 TL

So Premium Edition is the cheapest one on here .

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » September 18th, 2018, 5:28 pm

That seems odd. Will let people know. Thanks for the head's up. As for the extras, we're working to get everyone the ones due whatever their package order or pre-order/backer tier/add-ons.

Skysect
Novice

Post by Skysect » September 18th, 2018, 5:38 pm

phimseto wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 5:28 pm
That seems odd. Will let people know. Thanks for the head's up. As for the extras, we're working to get everyone the ones due whatever their package order or pre-order/backer tier/add-ons.

Thanks, by the way I still didn't understand. Because I already got this e-mail.

https://www.gog.com/game/the_bards_tale ... te_edition

Could we are getting something like that as a complete package ? Because we are already got them or something like that with release of "Torment"

We got keys for "Immortal Edition Upgrade" Why not on this one ?

ValamirCleaver
Initiate

Post by ValamirCleaver » September 18th, 2018, 5:46 pm

Bardic Brian Skin - Four Rewards Card.pdf, is this your idea of a joke?

I was given a GOG key for the Standard Edition when I should have received a key for the Ultimate Edition based on the crowd funding tier for which I paid. I expect to have this oversight addressed & rectified in a prompt fashion. Having to download all the "extras" from another host site separate from the main game is very inconvenient, also I have no idea for how long this separate host is going to make the rest of the game for which I paid available for the long term. If my previously stated concerns are not addressed in a timely fashion then this will be the last inXile, Brian Fargo or CrowdOx related game I ever back/crowd fund.

brentrob
Initiate

Post by brentrob » September 18th, 2018, 5:55 pm

I'm in the same boat. Sent emails. Got the email above but have not received a Steam key. Response I got was to contact through support channels if I still hadn't received a key.

PsychicMonk
Scholar

Post by PsychicMonk » September 18th, 2018, 6:16 pm

ValamirCleaver wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 5:46 pm
Bardic Brian Skin - Four Rewards Card.pdf, is this your idea of a joke?
This is what I thought after I realized that it is nothing but an image with the code embedded in a 100 MB pdf...

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » September 18th, 2018, 6:50 pm

PsychicMonk wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 6:16 pm
This is what I thought after I realized that it is nothing but an image with the code embedded in a 100 MB pdf...
It is —what!?

That is 1/10th of a gig, and some people get their Internet with a monthly cap. AT&T "Unlimited" (Image) I believe is a mere 22GB per month. Others are offering as low as 5GB per month. And we are to spend 100MB of this on what turns out to be a simple code—like the ones Amazon and Humble Bundle send for verification every single time you log in from a device they forget that you own?
Last edited by Gizmo on September 18th, 2018, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skysect
Novice

Post by Skysect » September 18th, 2018, 7:02 pm

Yeah weirdly when I rip this PDF as PNG it's only 3.5 MB. Even I could save it as TXT for 1 KB but 100 MB is a joke.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » September 18th, 2018, 7:03 pm

Skysect wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 7:02 pm
Yeah weirdly when I rip this PDF as PNG it's only 3.5 MB. Even I could save it as TXT for 1 KB but 100 MB is a joke.
100 MB is hubris, unless it's unintentional... but that's even worse.

I do recall that some of the kickstarter updates included several 20-30MB animated GIF files that were just crude AVI rips, instead of optimized—and they certainly could have been, given the content. Some phones don't don't even play the animation in GIFs... but they'll download them. :(

uk_uk
Initiate

Post by uk_uk » September 18th, 2018, 8:41 pm

got my steam key for the game days ago... but still waiting for the missing stuff I payed for (dlcs, soundtrack etc). I'm aware that it needs some time but seriously, that whole release thing is a massive, MASSIVE desaster.

Also, what I'm realising atm: I'm technically also a Torment Backer... from where do I get that badge?

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » September 18th, 2018, 10:27 pm

Didn't notice the Reward Card DLC PDF was that large!

Taking a look at it in detail - 92.84MB of the file is allocated to "Piece Information", whatever that means. So I would say it was certainly not saved in an optimized format. The image content is only a matter of a few MB. It could/should be resaved and redistributed without any loss...
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

Skysect
Novice

Post by Skysect » September 19th, 2018, 3:33 am

phimseto wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 5:28 pm
I still didn't get information I want. Still you and some other developers are saying we are working with Xsolla/CrowOx for getting your remedy but if it's this e-mail I already got it.

Could we get our tier upgrade keys from GOG/Steam ? Because it's completely missing too from in-game pages. I don't know what's happened but this one still a complete mess and it seems like won't solve soon.

Greyheart
Initiate

Post by Greyheart » September 19th, 2018, 9:03 am

Greyheart wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 4:08 pm
phimseto wrote:
Cheers! Email sent :)
Anyone know what the turnaround time is once we submit a ticket via email?

I envisaged hours but it's coming up to one day now, be useful to set expectations.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » September 19th, 2018, 10:20 am

Hey Greyhart, it may be good news/bad news. The bad news is that I found your crowdox profile via your email address, but did not find any support tickets attached to that email? Did you use another? The good news is that while I was in your profile, it looked like your key was emailed to you. Did it arrive?