Kickstarter Backer Key Distribution Info

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to The Bard's Tale series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

phimseto
Adventurer

Kickstarter Backer Key Distribution Info

Post by phimseto » September 13th, 2018, 6:39 pm

Our latest update for backers discusses the rollout of game keys for The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... ts/2288115

Themadcow
Explorer

Re: Kickstarter Backer Key Distribution Info

Post by Themadcow » September 14th, 2018, 4:02 am

I like that you've made getting the keys on CrowdOx a puzzle as well. Very 'in the spirit of the game'.
~~~ CPC's - Getting in the way of fun gameplay since 1998 ~~~

Panzer
Initiate

Post by Panzer » September 14th, 2018, 1:20 pm

So is it just me or did anybody else have their beta access terminated on steam early? I paid 15 dollars extra for access to the beta and now cant access it.

eisberg
Scholar

Post by eisberg » September 14th, 2018, 2:39 pm

Panzer wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 1:20 pm
So is it just me or did anybody else have their beta access terminated on steam early? I paid 15 dollars extra for access to the beta and now cant access it.
It happened to everyone. They explained it in the the link provided in the original post of this thread:

"Hey Everyone,

Paul here with a very quick update on key distribution. Tomorrow (Friday) around mid-day, we're going to disable the backer beta keys. We are doing this for two reasons. First, this will allow beta backers to choose either Steam or GOG for their main game. Second, we need to replace the beta with the release build."

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » September 14th, 2018, 2:42 pm

And yet, we keep the alpha!
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 14th, 2018, 10:14 pm

Drool wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 2:42 pm
And yet, we keep the alpha!

yeah, I noticed that as well.

waltc
Scholar

Post by waltc » September 15th, 2018, 4:59 pm

Got my GOG key today, as a matter of fact! Outstanding...;)

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » September 15th, 2018, 6:21 pm

Same... but it was very unintuitive. I just happened to speak with a friend I hadn't seen (or talked to) in years... and he had just redeemed his key. I told him that mine had not come yet. But he said to go [back] to CrowdOx, and re-open my completed survey, and choose my preferred key [again?], and they would send it... and they did.

kaiman
Scholar

Post by kaiman » September 16th, 2018, 4:34 am

Themadcow wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 4:02 am
I like that you've made getting the keys on CrowdOx a puzzle as well. Very 'in the spirit of the game'.
I sat dumbfounded scrolling up and down my survey, looking for an item I could use to pick the key, but nothing. As re-opening the survey seemed the only available action, I eventually dared select that and from then on it was smooth sailing. Had my GOG key a couple minutes later, and it even matches my tier. So all that remains now is waiting for the Linux version to arrive ...

I must say I am pretty happy at this point. Sure, I haven't actually played the game yet, so the verdict on that is yet to come, but all in all I think this was a decent Kickstarter. Well done, inXile!

demonofelru
Initiate

Post by demonofelru » September 16th, 2018, 8:30 am

I am not able to close my survey after reopening. I keep getting an Internal Server Error from CrowdOx when I try to select what key type I want. When I get to the last page to close the survey, it says it can’t close due to an add-on not being selected properly.

Anyone else getting this?
That fabricated faith was just a worldly system for compensating those people with fragile souls. 'Question not thy god, for thy god doth not respond.' –Jessie in Xenogears

Faray
Initiate

Post by Faray » September 16th, 2018, 2:07 pm

I haven't gotten my key since and I updated my info and asked for a steam key a few days ago. I put in a help desk ticket as well and haven't heard anything. With the game coming out soon is there any other place I can contact so I can play it when it releases?

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » September 16th, 2018, 4:09 pm

Faray, I'm the same. Opened, edited, re-saved the survey, got confirmation for the save, but no new email with a key yet.
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

eisberg
Scholar

Post by eisberg » September 16th, 2018, 5:51 pm

thebruce wrote:
September 16th, 2018, 4:09 pm
Faray, I'm the same. Opened, edited, re-saved the survey, got confirmation for the save, but no new email with a key yet.
Faray wrote:
September 16th, 2018, 2:07 pm
I haven't gotten my key since and I updated my info and asked for a steam key a few days ago. I put in a help desk ticket as well and haven't heard anything. With the game coming out soon is there any other place I can contact so I can play it when it releases?
If you open up your survey again, and see that your selection is locked, that means a code was generated and should have been sent to you. Make sure you still follow through completing that survey that you opened up.

If your selection is locked then contact phimseto through Private Messaging, and ask him for help. That is what I did, and his first reply was the key to the game.

DNACowboy
Scholar

Post by DNACowboy » September 17th, 2018, 3:04 am

phimseto wrote:
September 13th, 2018, 6:39 pm
Our latest update for backers discusses the rollout of game keys for The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep.

Remind me, weren't we promised a second game key as an extra or was I dreaming?
This poster receives no commercial consideration or work from Inxile, he truly believes Bards Tale IV: Barrows Deep to be a great game and one he enjoys on a daily basis

eisberg
Scholar

Post by eisberg » September 17th, 2018, 4:17 am

DNACowboy wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 3:04 am
phimseto wrote:
September 13th, 2018, 6:39 pm

Remind me, weren't we promised a second game key as an extra or was I dreaming?
Look at what you pledged and see if it is a part of your package. Some packages got more than 1 copy, everyone else had the choice to add a second copy for $20.

Themadcow
Explorer

Post by Themadcow » September 17th, 2018, 6:21 am

Hmmm, yeah - showing as locked for me but no Steam key and nothing in my spam folder either. Maybe it's because I selected a Steam key from the survey soon after the last Kickstarter update?

No such problems with the Remaster.
~~~ CPC's - Getting in the way of fun gameplay since 1998 ~~~

Groth
Initiate

Post by Groth » September 17th, 2018, 7:08 am

Also selected steam keys yesterday and got no key sent to me yet.

Kreivi
Initiate

Post by Kreivi » September 17th, 2018, 7:25 am

Just get my key, after I first registered to this site.. ..anyway, glad that game is ready!

Faray
Initiate

Post by Faray » September 17th, 2018, 8:03 am

Just wanted to thank phimseto and his quick response for getting this issue resolved. I have my key and I am good to go. Although the distribution service they picked is kinda award the InXile team is on top of things.

spoderman
Initiate

Post by spoderman » September 17th, 2018, 10:15 am

I haven't received my key yet, and reconfirming my survey does nothing as the game/platform is locked so I can't choose it again. Tried submitting a ticket but got a copy/paste reply instructing me to do what I had stated that I had already done, and after I mentioned that I'd already tried reopening/choosing platform/confirming my survey he then closed the ticket and told me he'd contact CrowdOx. Not having any luck with this so far, looks like I need to post so I can be able to PM?