The Bard's Tale IV Update 50: The Classics Return

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to The Bard's Tale series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Sacrosanct
Initiate

Re: The Bard's Tale IV Update 50: The Classics Return

Post by Sacrosanct » August 14th, 2018, 11:47 am

@4esop (and various others)

From the update itself:
"Please keep in mind that we have tens of thousands of backers to send keys and emails to. It will likely take a little while for the full list to be processed, so don't panic if your digital fulfillment email does not arrive right away. We appreciate your patience"

So maybe you're get it tomorrow... So what, you've waited this long, what's a couple of hours?

... and no, I haven't received mine either.

joekucera2002
Acolyte

Post by joekucera2002 » August 14th, 2018, 11:54 am

Been waiting 30 years for a new Bard's Tale release. What's another few minutes/hours

immagikman
Scholar

Post by immagikman » August 14th, 2018, 12:02 pm

Sacrosanct wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 11:47 am

From the update itself:
"Please keep in mind that we have tens of thousands of backers to send keys and emails to. It will likely take a little while for the full list to be processed, so don't panic if your digital fulfillment email does not arrive right away. We appreciate your patience"

So maybe you're get it tomorrow... So what, you've waited this long, what's a couple of hours?

Pretty sad that those who backed this the most and provided the input and word of mouth are the last to be able to play no?
Got to admit by your logic, why not just pay another $15 and play now by getting it direct from steam. Of late backing via kickstart and crowdox seems to be much like voluntarily putting a kick me sign on your back.

Sacrosanct
Initiate

Post by Sacrosanct » August 14th, 2018, 12:07 pm

immagikman wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 12:02 pm
Sacrosanct wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 11:47 am

From the update itself:

Pretty sad that those who backed this the most and provided the input and word of mouth are the last to be able to play no?
Got to admit by your logic, why not just pay another $15 and play now by getting it direct from steam. Of late backing via kickstart and crowdox seems to be much like voluntarily putting a kick me sign on your back.
My logic has absolutely nothing to do with paying more money. Maybe because I go to work during the day it is easier for me to "wait" than it is for others. For that I can understand your frustration if you don't have anything else to occupy your time.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » August 14th, 2018, 1:04 pm

Presumably it won't take a full day. I believe it took about 6 hours for me to get my beta key.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

immagikman
Scholar

Post by immagikman » August 14th, 2018, 1:43 pm

Sacrosanct wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 12:07 pm
My logic has absolutely nothing to do with paying more money. Maybe because I go to work during the day it is easier for me to "wait" than it is for others. For that I can understand your frustration if you don't have anything else to occupy your time.
Whoa dude there was no reason to go there. at $70.00 an hour my financial situation is better than most. However It is 4:30pm here and still not a peep about the remasters in my email (or my spam)

I do feel sorry for you that you cannot watch for email or pay attention to this while you are working. I highly reccomend a career that allows you to work from home.

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » August 14th, 2018, 1:47 pm

Ok tone down the sacasm. Some people have more patience than others, that's a fact. Let's move on.
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

Sacrosanct
Initiate

Post by Sacrosanct » August 14th, 2018, 1:54 pm

immagikman wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 1:43 pm
Sacrosanct wrote:
Whoa dude there was no reason to go there. at $70.00 an hour my financial situation is better than most. However It is 4:30pm here and still not a peep about the remasters in my email (or my spam)

I do feel sorry for you that you cannot watch for email or pay attention to this while you are working. I highly reccomend a career that allows you to work from home.
I would, but I retire in a year, so it's fine for now. Besides, I do watch for email at work also, as you can tell from my ability to post here. I'm feel you misunderstood my reply as a slight to your financial well being, but I assure you, that was not my intent. Only pointing out that one should have other things to occupy their time other than some delay in receiving a key. </sarcasm>

immagikman
Scholar

Post by immagikman » August 14th, 2018, 1:57 pm

Sacrosanct wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 1:54 pm
immagikman wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 1:43 pm
Sacrosanct wrote:

I would, but I retire in a year, so it's fine for now. Besides, I do watch for email at work also, as you can tell from my ability to post here. I'm feel you misunderstood my reply as a slight to your financial well being, but I assure you, that was not my intent. Only pointing out that one should have other things to occupy their time other than some delay in receiving a key. </sarcasm>
Well one should but this one is in a holding pattern waiting for several kickstarted backed projects to complete :P I set aside the afternoon to play the remasters a bit....and yeah time is precious so I should not have wasted mine by expecting things to go as planned I guess. Ahh well no hard feelings if I misunderstood your comment. Oh and congrats on the retirement, Ill probably wait till I hit 65 so 8 years to go
Last edited by immagikman on August 14th, 2018, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » August 14th, 2018, 1:58 pm

And on that note, I just got my email informing me to run through the survey again and choose the GOG or Steam version. So that's done. Just a matter of time before receiving the key.
@thebruce0

4esop
Initiate

Post by 4esop » August 14th, 2018, 2:04 pm

So we can just retake the survey? Or do we have to wait for an email that prompts us to?

I have a link that I can see my survey from.

Update: I got my email now. I suspect I could have clicked on the old survey review link and then clicked the edit options button, but I got my email and used that link instead. Still waiting up to 24 hours to get my key I guess.
Last edited by 4esop on August 14th, 2018, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PsychicMonk
Scholar

Post by PsychicMonk » August 14th, 2018, 2:18 pm

So it might take some time until I get my key after redoing the survey (excerpt from the choose your key mail):
"The key you receive will be sent in a separate email, labeled Digital Fulfillment - Classic Trilogy Key, and should arrive within 24 hours. Please remember to check your spam and filter folders in case the email gets misfiled."

Lanatir
Explorer

Post by Lanatir » August 14th, 2018, 5:41 pm

close to 11 hours now, still now email. All the while, those who pump fresh money into INXILES coffer are happily playing, This is beyond inacceptable.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » August 14th, 2018, 5:44 pm

I pulled up an old email with a link to my CrowdOx survey.
Followed the link.
Clicked to edit my survey.
Found the Remaster and selected my platform.
Saved the survey.
About 30 minutes later, I had my key.

The problem seems to be CrowdOx isn't sending the emails to select platform.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Merlin402
Initiate

Post by Merlin402 » August 14th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Just downloaded the re-makes and I can say it looks good so far! Nice!! :)

chaney
Acolyte

Post by chaney » August 14th, 2018, 7:39 pm

I got my survey, and less than a half hour later, my key arrived. Did the download, and it opened without issue. Looks fantastic. There is no manual though, so hopefully everyone kept theirs. :)

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » August 14th, 2018, 7:55 pm

There's no manual, but most of that information is contained within the game itself.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » August 14th, 2018, 7:59 pm

And if you really want, you can get the original manual texts linked from here
@thebruce0

barsiem
Initiate

Post by barsiem » August 14th, 2018, 8:06 pm

Drool wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 5:44 pm
I pulled up an old email with a link to my CrowdOx survey.
Followed the link.
Clicked to edit my survey.
Found the Remaster and selected my platform.
Saved the survey.
About 30 minutes later, I had my key.

The problem seems to be CrowdOx isn't sending the emails to select platform.
This worked for me - thanks Drool

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » August 14th, 2018, 8:13 pm

Amusingly, I just got my email from CrowdOx telling me to do that very thing. I'm not sure what the hell's going on at CrowdOx.
Alwa nasci korliri das.