The Bard's Tale IV Update 47: The Backer Beta Has Landed!

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to The Bard's Tale series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Valen
Initiate

How to access the beta ?

Post by Valen » July 13th, 2018, 10:40 am

Hi,

i bought today the platinum edition (including Beta Access) on your new website. I got a confirmation from XSOLLA... but i got
no steam Key for the beta and no infos at all how to access the beta. According to your forum ..the beta is already on.

Or is there a difference between "backer-beta" and "beta" ? seriously ?

Due to that there is no support on your official site.. i ask here in the forum. Would be great to get my key and info about how
to join the beta.

Thanks for any help.

Valen

rddragon888
Initiate

Re: The Bard's Tale IV Update 47: The Backer Beta Has Landed!

Post by rddragon888 » July 13th, 2018, 11:00 am

phimseto wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 9:07 am
Once you reconfirm your survey, CrowdOx generates a new email with your rewards and sends it your way. It may take a bit, but it should arrive. Let me know if it hasn't later on.
I received an email from CrowdOx but it did not contain a way to access the key

EXTRA
Beta Test Access
1 @ $15.00 $15.00

Extra Total $15.00
Pledged on Kickstarter -$55.00
Payments -$15.00
Balance $0.00

Ellegon
Initiate

Re: How to access the beta ?

Post by Ellegon » July 13th, 2018, 12:39 pm

Valen wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 10:40 am
Hi,

i bought today the platinum edition (including Beta Access) on your new website. I got a confirmation from XSOLLA... but i got
no steam Key for the beta and no infos at all how to access the beta. (...)
Same here... bought it today and no key so far....

What annoys me is that the payment process is working fine and you get charged immediatly..... but the process to send out the keys is obviously not as automated and people have to wait. This reflects very badly on both Xsolla as well as on the game itself.... I strongly urge you to take this up with Xsolla to get a smoother process, especially once the game goes towards release...

Remember, with Steam, Uplay or Origin people are supposed to pay for a game and immediatly start downloading/playing it. Delays are something from the past normally....

tuffy475
Initiate

Post by tuffy475 » July 13th, 2018, 12:46 pm

I just bought the $79 version of the game which included the Beta but I did not get a key with the receipt email I received from Xsolla. Do I not get the beta?

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » July 13th, 2018, 12:48 pm

For Xsolla customers, you should have received your keys yesterday when the beta went out. If not, you can contact Xsolla directly here: https://xsolla.com/gamer-support/#contactUs. For CrowdOx, my understanding is that the key came in a separate email than the traditional digital fulfillment. If you didn't receive it, you can drop a note at our support line.

Ellegon
Initiate

Post by Ellegon » July 13th, 2018, 1:05 pm

phimseto wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 12:48 pm
For Xsolla customers, you should have received your keys yesterday when the beta went out. If not, you can contact Xsolla directly here: https://xsolla.com/gamer-support/#contactUs.
I just contacted them through live support (not sure if I talked to a human or bot btw...). The answer was, that they will escalate my "problem" to the technician and that I can expect a reply withing 2 BUSINESS DAYS (that would be tuesday).

This is probably the worst handling of key distribution I ever witnessed (well, maybe Survive The Nights was worse). I can only strongly urge you to change your business partner. If a company can't handle such a simple, standard process as handling out beta keys in 2018, they are not fit for the market. Just sayin'.

claytontyler
Initiate

Post by claytontyler » July 13th, 2018, 2:14 pm

I've done this step (opening my backer survey, adding beta access, paying the difference, reconfirming/closing my survey) but still have not received a code. I did these steps ~4-5 hours ago or so. Any thoughts on what else I need to do?

finwe76
Initiate

Post by finwe76 » July 13th, 2018, 2:36 pm

I bought the backer beta access via Crowdox in april but still no beta key received.
Last edited by finwe76 on July 13th, 2018, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » July 13th, 2018, 2:45 pm

For those backers still waiting on crowdox, you can drop a note to support AT inxile dot net.

elcid
Initiate

Post by elcid » July 14th, 2018, 7:53 am

Need my key!!

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » July 15th, 2018, 9:48 pm

Downloading it through Steam now. Getting the installation was smoother than I though. Only after some initial problems with successfully logging on to any of my email accounts, blocked emails, my computer's internal clock going hay-wire and not allowing Steam into not giving me access to the server's because the apparent year showing was 2039. I know that was problem because the beta just started downloading after I reset the clock. The email with the key code was found after doing a search for CorwdOx. Now, the waiting of several hours before it's ready.

flashbak
Initiate

Post by flashbak » July 16th, 2018, 12:30 am

Just adding in that the Xsolla thing is not working at all except in taking money but not in delivery. Placed my order, received receipts from PayPal and from Xsolla, but your shopping cart page returned with a receipt and a failure. The failure was incorrect because the funds were immediately deducted from my bank account. I contacted Xsolla and they told me they would let me know in 2 days what their investigation found. This is not a good way to start things off. I would have tried to order a second time but when I asked for a refund the individual said sure, in two days. Nothing can be done by your payment handlers for 48 hours?

immagikman
Scholar

Post by immagikman » July 17th, 2018, 5:41 pm

Just curious, is the backer beta supposed to be a limited beta? I reached a point where it said thanks for playing and that was it.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » July 17th, 2018, 6:04 pm

Yup.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

immagikman
Scholar

Post by immagikman » July 17th, 2018, 6:26 pm

Thanks Drool :) now I guess I have to wait for the release :)

psychobilly
Initiate

Post by psychobilly » July 19th, 2018, 12:23 pm

Is there anyone who knows how to get a steam key if we bought the platinum edition directly?

This seems like complete amateur hour. Crowdox emailed me saying it's not their problem.... It's Inxile's issue.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » July 19th, 2018, 12:28 pm

psychobilly wrote:
July 19th, 2018, 12:23 pm
Is there anyone who knows how to get a steam key if we bought the platinum edition directly?
This seems like complete amateur hour. Crowdox emailed me saying it's not their problem.... It's Inxile's issue.
If CrowdOx refuse to pick up the ball, email inXile at support@inxile.net.

Gawdsmack
Initiate

Post by Gawdsmack » August 2nd, 2018, 6:40 am

Will the beta ONLY be for backers..I am undecided but would like to give it a shot...

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » August 2nd, 2018, 7:25 am

Gawdsmack wrote:
August 2nd, 2018, 6:40 am
Will the beta ONLY be for backers..I am undecided but would like to give it a shot...
You can score it as as a pre-order bonus at the Platinum and Ultimate Edition tiers at bardstale.com, but it's also worth noting that the beta is both PC and Steam-only.