The Bard's Tale IV Update #38: Everything Old Is New Again

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to The Bard's Tale series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Re: The Bard's Tale IV Update #38: Everything Old Is New Again

Post by Woolfe » September 20th, 2017, 11:28 pm

Gizmo wrote:
September 19th, 2017, 8:59 am
Zombra wrote:
September 19th, 2017, 1:45 am
Bad image host Giz
Crosmando wrote:
September 19th, 2017, 2:00 am
Use imgur.
Done!
That's curious though... I'd never have known it wasn't delivering, it seemed to work fine for me, but perhaps it works for coming out of my own web cache; or perhaps it's because I uploaded it twice to them, then deleted the first one.

I've tried about five of these hosts (imgur included), and they don't seem to like large resolution gifs.
It actually worked for me prior to the change as well.
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » September 29th, 2017, 9:44 am

So when are we gonna get a REAL update?
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » September 29th, 2017, 10:25 am

Crosmando wrote:
September 29th, 2017, 9:44 am
So when are we gonna get a REAL update?
REAL as in 'official'? —not fan-art :lol: ;

... or REAL as in information heavy, and very informative? I would very much like to see an update focused on movement, that demonstrates both grid and free roam; even if the level is rough and untextured.

But anything they release is (to most readers) instantly set in stone, even if it turns out to be problematic; winds up getting cut, or significantly altered from what was shown. :(

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » September 30th, 2017, 3:51 pm

But even if that happens, there's some feedback (and/or pushback) from the backers. That can have a big impact on decision making and gauging direction. So I wouldn't discount providing a rough but information heavy update just because those ideas could get cut. On the contrary, those are the updates that keep people's attention, keep people invested and following.

Now, rather than providing semi-regular heavy updates, more-regular smaller updates are certainly not a bad thing. They could be titled accordingly so if we want to skim back over updates we can pick out the major and minor updates.

I remember when Halo was being created (and they didn't have backers), there was a weekly developer update. Whether it talked about stuff happening in the office, or contained meaty production revelations, or just sharing about a particular character model someone was working on; that was a HUGE thing for building and keeping community. And the updates got creative, entertaining, serious, all of that...
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0