Backer Site Update

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to The Bard's Tale series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Themadcow
Explorer

Re: Backer Site Update

Post by Themadcow » November 22nd, 2017, 7:27 pm

I didn't have any problem with the portal. I didn't order any extras but adding my name and quote to the credits page seemed to work fine.
~~~ CPC's - Getting in the way of fun gameplay since 1998 ~~~

ZiN
Adventurer

Post by ZiN » November 24th, 2017, 2:30 am

Completed successfully.

Although as some point it listed the "digital download" as an available extra, for my $20 Early Bard, later it said "1 Bard's Tale Digital is included".

Also got beta access, oh boy. I completely forgot, in one of my worse moments I must have gotten that, at the kickstarter "final push", as pitiful as it was, lol. Might've been due to Cranford appearing... How naive and optimistic i was...

"1 The Bard's Tale I-III Classic Trilogy Remastered included", although if i click "show more" it also says "Reward Unavailable: This reward may be made available pending completion by Olde Skuul."
LOL. If this won't be out (well) before BTIV, it is your, InXile's fault for promising something you can't keep. Try as you might redirecting it to Olde Skuul, it will be yet another failed promise on your, InXile Entertainment's list.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » November 24th, 2017, 4:57 am

ZiN wrote:
November 24th, 2017, 2:30 am
...InXile's fault for promising something you can't keep. Try as you might redirecting it to Olde Skuul, it will be yet another failed promise on your, InXile Entertainment's list.
I doubt this. Recall that the Remaster wasn't originally their idea, and was left to Olde Skuul because their programmer offered, and their programmer made the third game's engine (and others like it), and claimed to have the source code for it. I don't see how it's their fault at all.

Imagine if the company who made those top tier wooden collector boxes for the BT4 Kickstarter had failed to make any of them in time... Would that have been InXile's fault too? Would you (or anyone) expect the InXile staff to complete that order? (...do it themselves)
With the boxes, one can at least hire someone else to do it; who else is there that has the BT engine source, and is familiar enough with it to pull off this (cake-icing door-prize) without extravagant expense? InXile is offering BT4, the rest is essentially a gift bag for showing up.

*Though if they began taking money piecemeal for the individual (specific, named) gifts... that's different; but also something they can refund. In that instance, it's only their fault if they did this, and don't refund in the event that Olde Skuul doesn't deliver.

unguided
Initiate

Post by unguided » November 28th, 2017, 4:45 am

ZiN wrote:
November 24th, 2017, 2:30 am
LOL. If this won't be out (well) before BTIV, it is your, InXile's fault for promising something you can't keep. Try as you might redirecting it to Olde Skuul, it will be yet another failed promise on your, InXile Entertainment's list.
What is this exactly? InXile isn't your girlfriend. Dont think you need to be 'keeping score '.

ZiN
Adventurer

Post by ZiN » November 28th, 2017, 5:51 am

I'm a backer of BT4 (among other InXile products), old-school gamer and fan of the classic Bard's Tale Trilogy.

Wouldn't it be nice, if you could play the remastered classics (and that needs plenty of time), before BT4? From my perspective, it would be.
It could be both InXile's and Olde Skuul's fault, we don't know the status, due to almost complete silence. In case this won't happen, it will be just another failed InXile promise, and another beta/vaporware from Olde Skuul, alas. My faith is almost completely crushed, but a tiny hope still remains, that they deliver for once.

Let's get back on topic, the backer site is back up (after six months of downtime) and worked for me, but besides confirming and reviewing my pledge it doesn't seem to do anything. I don't see the links to the emulated game downloads, nor the forum badge activation. Are those activated yet? I find it non-interactive.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » November 28th, 2017, 7:15 am

ZiN wrote:
November 28th, 2017, 5:51 am
Wouldn't it be nice, if you could play the remastered classics (and that needs plenty of time), before BT4? From my perspective, it would be.
It could be both InXile's and Olde Skuul's fault, we don't know the status, due to almost complete silence.
I agree that it would be nice to play the entire series in order from 1 to 4; I might do this—remastered edition or not. However (and despite having said this...) it is not always a great idea.

I read Lord of the Rings (again) just before seeing the film in the theater; I probably played Fallout 1 & 2, before FO3. Meanwhile, a friend of mine chose not to even review the book before seeing the film; cognizant of the many (and unfortunate) aberrations doubtless to be found in the adaptation; and there were many :( . From (sad) experience, I can tell you that it would have been far less frustrating and annoying to have watched the film with an unrefreshed memory of the work; my friend knew this, and I think did enjoy the films easier than I.

It was identical with the Fallout series. Had I not been following development from the outset, and had I not played Fallout 1 or 2 in the decade before FO3 released, then I might have enjoyed their faithless franken-shooter on its own merits; because wholly on its own, apart —far apart from the Fallout series, it's an impressive work. Of course it's crap as a Fallout sequel; and that's all you see when the series is fresh in mind; its many shortcoming, and its inappropriate strengths; better applied to something else than a sequel.

It won't surprise me if BT4 turns out just the same. Impressive on its own merits, wholly on its own, apart —far apart from the Bard's Tale series.

But nothing stops you (or me) from playing the original games, whether the remaster gets released or not; they are available now. Nothing forces anyone to stop re-playing BT2 when BT4 releases. I still haven't played Witcher 3, because I have not fully completed Witcher 2; another series with gameplay also (but not equally) ruined IMO in the later the sequels. I installed Witcher 3 on the day it released. I know nothing about it, other than that the tutorial seems disappointingly akin to an improved Witcher 2. :(

Wintermute_of_Cof
Initiate

Post by Wintermute_of_Cof » November 30th, 2017, 9:44 am

EDIT: Never mind, got an email with some links in it.

I managed to complete the survey, however there doesn't appear to be any way to download any rewards e.g. the emulated original games. If I click on the link in the description ("You can also view the online readme here.") I get redirected to a page which says:
Hello. We don't recognize you.

Please try to click the link from your email again. If that doesn't work then please contact support and we can help.

Angra
Initiate

Post by Angra » November 30th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Just came back here after a long absence due to not much happened. And now the backers site have been torn down also?
So we shouldn't be holding our breath to receive what was offered for our money.

D-D
Acolyte

Post by D-D » November 30th, 2017, 5:28 pm

Brain tweeted early screenshot a while ago so you see theres stuff happening

https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/9 ... 9387220992

Still a long road but I believe it will come out one day.

Balcerak
Initiate

Post by Balcerak » December 5th, 2017, 8:33 pm

The Crowdox backer site isn't working. I got mail to go do the survey, filled it out with no addons and it refuses to 'confirm' saying there is something wrong with the Reward or Extras sections.

Balcerak
Initiate

Post by Balcerak » December 5th, 2017, 8:45 pm

After using the email link to try to do the survey, I used the previously given link and entered my email address there. All of my answers were still filled in as when I used the email link, but this time doing the 'confirm' worked. Maybe someone fixed it? Was only a matter of minutes .

Sashaa
Initiate

Post by Sashaa » December 6th, 2017, 1:39 am

Just completed both Kickstarter and Class Preview surveys and everything worked like a charm.
I am downloading Bard's Tale Classics Emulated right now, couldn't be happier...
live young, die fast

svdp
Initiate

Post by svdp » December 6th, 2017, 11:40 am

Hi there,

I recently received an email for a 'survey', but when I clicked on it, I found it wholly confusing. So I went to search for my former backers-rewards-management account, but whatever I try "https://bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com/user/private" doesn't seem to work and reverts me back to the homepage.

What's going on? I think I already gave some indications there what I wanted, but it's been so long that I've forgot, and now that I want to look at them, they're gone. I really do not remember what I indicated back then, but the 'survey' asks me a lot of stuff anyway... but I don't see what I already wanted/voted for, and what not...

I'm a bit at a loss here. I choose, what, exactly, here? Are all the examples for 'free'? Do I loose 'points' if I choose something? I don't want to loose my main package while squandering away any points or credits on side-affairs.

/skip all the rest because

EDIT: I've continued with the survey, since there was no response here, but I still do not understand shit about it.

Look, at the end it says for my early wyrm, I got my digital copy. Then it says 2 more digital copies are included, but it ALSO says I've manually choosen two more digital copies. Which is true, but only because I thought the digital copies weren't included yet.

So, I'm having a really hard time knowing WHAT, exactly, is in the package now.

I'll try to post what it shows.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » December 6th, 2017, 4:43 pm

svdp wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 11:40 am
Hi there,

(snip)
Heya svdp, sounds like you got our email for CrowdOx but you may have missed our most recent Kickstarter update. You can find the details here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... ts/2059588

In short, we're moving from the old backer web site to CrowdOx to handle our long-term backer reward management and fulfilment. This means we need all backers to re-confirm their pledge, and going forward, you will get emails, updates and rewards from CrowdOx instead of the old backer web site. As you saw, it's a fairly quick and easy process that should ensure we get more users signing up, confirming, and ultimately collecting their rewards than the old backer site. If you have used a site like BackerKit for other crowdfunded games before, it's a very similar process.

A consequence of this change is that the old point system is gone - however, all your previous reward details and pledge value from Kickstarter and PayPal should have all been ported over, and you can still unlock your survey on CrowdOx to make changes to your rewards if you want to switch things up at a later date.

As you have confirmed your pledge, you should get an email from CrowdOx shortly with a record of that. You don't need to do anything else from here on, and you will get additional emails from CrowdOx every time a new reward is released, so you can download those as soon as they're available.

You are welcome to contact our support team if have questions or issues regarding your pledge details (https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us), or you can ask CrowdOx's support team - they'll try to help you out as soon as they can if you have any trouble using their site.

Jordan Joestar
Acolyte

Post by Jordan Joestar » December 6th, 2017, 5:32 pm

I completed my survey on your website and tried to complete it again after I got the mail from CrowdOx.
I selected the tier (33$) I've backed on Kickstarter and later upgraded to the Collector's Box.
I've redeemed the key of Wasteland 2 from your site and, as I expected, it's locked on CrowdOx. However, I can't write a name for credits and the quote because I don't have any place where to write them.
The greatest problem is that I can't jump to the next step because a message of error occurs:

My resolve will open a path!

VitaminK
Novice

Post by VitaminK » March 24th, 2018, 7:42 am

So almost a year later and there is still no rewards / downloads page?! How do I claim the original Trilogy...
inXile fanboy, Wasteland survivor
Follow me on twitch.tv and see me get owned or once in awhile have a good run!

Iiago
Acolyte

Post by Iiago » March 25th, 2018, 5:23 pm

VitaminK wrote:
March 24th, 2018, 7:42 am
So almost a year later and there is still no rewards / downloads page?! How do I claim the original Trilogy...
It's not just me! Dear BT team we promise promise that it's not available through CrowdOx. Or if it is, it's well hidden.

VitaminK
Novice

Post by VitaminK » March 27th, 2018, 11:33 am

Yea, I messaged support almost a week ago and have gotten no response from anyone. If I do I'll be sure to post it here.

vahadar
Novice

Post by vahadar » April 14th, 2018, 5:52 am

Hello,
I think i'm blind because i cant find any backer page for the bard's Tale like there are for Wasteland or Torment.
The link https://bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com/user/private simply dont work here and always redirect to the main page of Bard's Tale website

So for exemple i dont know where to get and to add my forum badge, as i am a backer (PREMIER COLLECTOR'S EDITION - EARLY BARD).
The crowdox survey dont list this code, and mail with gog keys for extra game doesnt have it either.

Is backer portal offline?

VitaminK
Novice

Post by VitaminK » April 14th, 2018, 7:26 pm

Backer page is accessed through CrowdOx survey. I don't remember how but I think it just links your account I don't think there is a code for the badge.