The Bard's Tale IV Update 25: Backer Site is Now Live!

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to Bard's Tale IV. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: The Bard's Tale IV Update 25: Backer Site is Now Live!

Post by Drool » September 25th, 2015, 1:22 pm

Crosmando wrote:I find that hard to believe, they have been standard on desktop computers for a long time now.
I bought a custom built gaming computer earlier this year. In an effort to cut costs on non-essential things so I could spend them on things that are actually important to gaming, I opted for a DVD player instead of BluRay (because "None" wasn't an option).

Besides, who the hell uses physical media? This isn't 2005.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Horust
Initiate

Post by Horust » September 26th, 2015, 2:04 am

sear wrote:The updated version will show up in your game library once it is released. In this case, Standard Edition means that it just doesn't come with any of the Digital Deluxe extras etc.
Should this standard edition not come with (full) Soundtrack & concept Artbook & wallpapers?
At least at GOG the version seems to be a stripped one (no Soundtrack/artbook) it also says:
"Wasteland 2" & not "WASTELAND 2 DIGITAL CLASSIC EDITION", but a standard W.l.2 version isn't listed.
On Steam there are also 2 versions "only":
Classic Edition
A free copy of Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic.
Mark Morgan's Wasteland 2 original sound track in digital format.
An incredible digital concept art book showcasing many of the world's characters and environments.
& deluxe one

BillyCorgan
Initiate

Post by BillyCorgan » September 26th, 2015, 5:40 am

Thanks for Rewards.

BatchElder69
Initiate

Post by BatchElder69 » September 26th, 2015, 10:02 am

Why the choice of GoG for the Witcher games instead of just Steam for all three?

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » September 26th, 2015, 11:04 am

BatchElder69 wrote:Why the choice of GoG for the Witcher games instead of just Steam for all three?
I guess it has to do with GOG and the Witcher being made by sister companies, all part of CD Projekt. So it doesn't cost anything (directly at least) for CD Projekt people to give GOG keys for the Witcher, while it would cost them to give Steam keys.

As a GOG user anyway, I'm glad it's not Steam keys ;)

BatchElder69
Initiate

Post by BatchElder69 » September 26th, 2015, 11:35 am

hehehe and I use steam.... :)
Any word if they will patch in the dice game from Witcher to Witcher 2 ?

... because from the notes/reviews the Dice game in Witcher 2 is sub-par from Witcher 1

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 26th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Horust wrote: Should this standard edition not come with (full) Soundtrack & concept Artbook & wallpapers?
At least at GOG the version seems to be a stripped one (no Soundtrack/artbook) it also says:
"Wasteland 2" & not "WASTELAND 2 DIGITAL CLASSIC EDITION", but a standard W.l.2 version isn't listed.
Classic Edition
An incredible digital concept art book showcasing many of the world's characters and environments.
& deluxe one
It's more or less due to how the Kickstarter rewards worked out. Kickstarter backers could get the game at $15, but their reward tier only promised the game itself without any extras. That became the Standard Edition. That's also the one we typically give away when it's a freebie.

Meanwhile, Kickstarter backers at $30 got the Classic Edition; backers at $50+ got the Digital Deluxe Edition. We only sell those two now (typically at $40 and $60).

_noblesse_oblige_
Explorer

Post by _noblesse_oblige_ » September 26th, 2015, 6:59 pm

sear wrote:
34bluesalamander34 wrote:I was wondering how to get my Classic Bards Tale album with manuals.
If you're referring to the classic Bard's Tale 1-3 games, those aren't online yet, still working on getting those for our backers.
Might've been asking about the physical album-style boxes and physical manuals for the classic games.... Afaik, you are not providing these to backers. (Which is unfortunate, imo, because some of us no longer have our originals. If you ever feel like making 30th Anniversary Edition releases of the physical items for the classic games - sans diskettes, of course - I would gladly purchase an add-on on top of my existing pledge.)
cmibl<enter>

Orpheus the Bard
Acolyte

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 27th, 2015, 4:46 pm

I just had a look at the new backers site and all the tiers. The look the same as before I suspect have to pay more if I want to upgrade my pledge or they might counter in what I have already paid and remove the difference.

I also cannot log in to the website. It keeps telling me I already registered a account with the Torment game. Which I reckon is probably not true since I'm only interested in this game. I have tried all the email address I own and remember. With Yahoo, G-Mail, AOL and there was another one that I keep forgetting.

I will try and sort this out through the support link, but would welcome any advice here.

I assumed it would use the same login I have here, but I'm don't think it works that way.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 27th, 2015, 9:11 pm

Orpheus the Bard wrote:I just had a look at the new backers site and all the tiers. The look the same as before I suspect have to pay more if I want to upgrade my pledge or they might counter in what I have already paid and remove the difference.

I also cannot log in to the website. It keeps telling me I already registered a account with the Torment game. Which I reckon is probably not true since I'm only interested in this game. I have tried all the email address I own and remember. With Yahoo, G-Mail, AOL and there was another one that I keep forgetting.
You may have registered for Torment way back when and just forgot. You can try recovering an account using your email address if it says you already have one.

The forum login is separate from our game account login, we might have some way of unifying that in the future but if we ever do that it's probably a ways off at this point.

vrp
Initiate

Post by vrp » September 27th, 2015, 11:24 pm

sear wrote:
Horust wrote: Should this standard edition not come with (full) Soundtrack & concept Artbook & wallpapers?
Classic Edition
& deluxe one
It's more or less due to how the Kickstarter rewards worked out. Kickstarter backers could get the game at $15, but their reward tier only promised the game itself without any extras. That became the Standard Edition. That's also the one we typically give away when it's a freebie.

Meanwhile, Kickstarter backers at $30 got the Classic Edition; backers at $50+ got the Digital Deluxe Edition. We only sell those two now (typically at $40 and $60).
I've also posted this to the Kickstarter site in case it gets picked up there quicker.

Hi Sear

I just redeemed my bonus Wasteland 2 Steam key but I don't have any of the Classic Edition extras (Wasteland 1, Mark Morgan's soundtrack or the concept art book). I've already checked in the Steam installation folder on my Mac (/Users/~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Wasteland2).

The Campaign FAQ for Bard's Tale IV seems pretty clear that Classic Edition extras are included:

"For the 48 hour bonus game offer: The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings are available for GOG.com only. Wasteland 2 will be available for your choice of Steam or GOG.com, and it comes with the Classic Edition extras. You may pick one of the three games. These bonus games cannot be exchanged for other rewards or pledge credit."

Can you provide these extras through the backer site as a direct download or maybe amend the provided bonus reward keys to provide the Classic Edition on GOG or Steam. Or are you saying that these Classic Edition extras are not provided in contradiction to the FAQ? The latter would seem to be a little iffy it that was the case. I hope inXile will do the right thing.

Cheers and looking forward to BTIV.

Horust
Initiate

Post by Horust » September 28th, 2015, 7:02 am

sear wrote:It's more or less due to how the Kickstarter rewards worked out. Kickstarter backers could get the game at $15, but their reward tier only promised the game itself without any extras. That became the Standard Edition. That's also the one we typically give away when it's a freebie.

Thanks a lot for this clarification.
As vrp already mentioned in the post before this wasn't stated so clearly in the KS campaign, so it would be nice to get the "full version".
But even when this won't happen, I'm very happy that I got WL2 for free (& then also upgraded to the director's cut in the near future) so THANK YOU very much for this.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » September 28th, 2015, 12:57 pm

Hm. It's trivial and silly, but what about the forum badge?
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

vrp
Initiate

Post by vrp » September 28th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Hi sear. I got your PM but I don't see an option to reply and I'm not authorised to compose a message as I've only recently registered for the forums, so I'll briefly reply here.

I understand - these sorts of things sometimes happen when things move fast.

To answer the last line of your PM - Thanks - Steam.

Thanks.

Entrei
Initiate

Post by Entrei » September 28th, 2015, 11:14 pm

Nice!
"Scorpion tails and cyborg blues; prophets of doom they spread bad news...[but] the red sky on the desert, is the blood in a ranger's veins..."
Completed: Wasteland 1-2, Bard's Tale 1-3
Pending: Wasteland 3, Bard's Tale 4, Planescape: Torment

frabron
Acolyte

Post by frabron » September 29th, 2015, 1:32 am

Drool wrote:Hm. It's trivial and silly, but what about the forum badge?
I've asked myself already the same question.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 29th, 2015, 6:48 am

Drool wrote:Hm. It's trivial and silly, but what about the forum badge?
One of the things in the bucket list. On the web development front, the forum badge requires a level of integration we don't have at the moment. And on the art front, we need artists to actually make some cool ones for you guys. :)

azteclord
Initiate

Post by azteclord » September 29th, 2015, 7:52 am

Crosmando wrote:
thebruce wrote:Not everyone has a bluray capable CD drive in their desktop.
I find that hard to believe, they have been standard on desktop computers for a long time now.

Considering I still know people that use windows 95, and only have a 3.5 drive, thinking blurays are "standard" is a stretch.

frabron
Acolyte

Post by frabron » September 30th, 2015, 10:58 am

I don't have one, my PC is rom 2012, and I am fairly certain that my next PC won't have a dedicated disc drive at all. So I believe you are betting on the wrong horse.

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » October 1st, 2015, 2:07 am

I personally never had a bluray device, and saying how unfrequently I'm using optical media those days, I doubt I'll ever get one, and I don't think I'm the only one in that case.

I took the physical edition for TTON but it's mostly for the joy of owning the box and the physical manual and cloth map and ... but I know I'll install the GOG version and never put the DVD in my drive (yeah I'm weird like that). For Bard's Tale I took digital only (international shipping fees being expensive as they are).