Backer Site Update

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to The Bard's Tale series. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

nightowl68
Initiate

Re: Backer Site Update

Post by nightowl68 » May 19th, 2018, 10:41 am

vahadar wrote:
April 14th, 2018, 5:52 am
Hello,
I think i'm blind because i cant find any backer page for the bard's Tale like there are for Wasteland or Torment.
The link https://bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com/user/private simply dont work here and always redirect to the main page of Bard's Tale website

So for exemple i dont know where to get and to add my forum badge, as i am a backer (PREMIER COLLECTOR'S EDITION - EARLY BARD).
The crowdox survey dont list this code, and mail with gog keys for extra game doesnt have it either.

Is backer portal offline?
Yeah I'm running into the same problem with the forum badge, with the new backer portal, it doesn't give an option to link, just a link to the forums themselves. Unless it got linked and I didn't know it, we shall see if it shows up with this post.

narcissus79
Initiate

Post by narcissus79 » May 19th, 2018, 7:17 pm

^this..

Riboflavin
Initiate

Post by Riboflavin » June 28th, 2018, 12:18 pm

Is there a backer site currently? I can't seem to find it. The above link just goes to the Bard's Tale Main Page.

Sacrosanct
Initiate

Post by Sacrosanct » July 2nd, 2018, 10:56 am

@Riboflavin
If you are a backer, go here https://app.crowdox.com/retrieve/inxile ... ds-tale-iv and enter your email address and you should get a survey.

raveen
Novice

Post by raveen » July 15th, 2018, 2:09 am

so like a lot of people here, about the forum badge, even if I go to my survey, I can see no way to get the code for the badge or any link who actually redirect at the good place.. Can a developer help us about this?

sirtechfan
Novice

Post by sirtechfan » July 15th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Add me to the list of backers wanting to know how to get my forum badge. Thanks.

viper649111
Initiate

Post by viper649111 » July 21st, 2018, 10:07 am

I still am unable to get my survey when i enter my email. its been days now.

bluntman3000
Initiate

Post by bluntman3000 » August 1st, 2018, 12:34 am

sirtechfan wrote:
July 15th, 2018, 12:43 pm
Add me to the list of backers wanting to know how to get my forum badge. Thanks.
+1

forbegos
Initiate

Post by forbegos » August 8th, 2018, 10:47 am

Same here, I entered my email but no survey... Any info. on this?

Rubinio
Initiate

Post by Rubinio » August 10th, 2018, 3:48 pm

Attempted to get the survey twice, but nothing. And the release date is creeping closer.

Update:
I can only recommend everyone who has applied for a survey and hasn't received an email to check your spam folders. Mine apparently immediately panicked at the mention of Bards Tale IV :?

Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye » September 13th, 2018, 10:16 pm

So after getting the latest update, I click on the link and it goes to https://app.crowdox.com/retrieve/inxile ... tale-iv%20 which shows a blank page with "Project not found"

Editing the URL and removing the %20 part at the end lets me enter the page, though.

I'm not much of a PC/internet geek, so perhaps it's something on my end, but I thought I'd let you know.
Of course I belive in peace - peace through superior firepower

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » September 14th, 2018, 6:15 am

Nope not your end, the A link has a hard space at the end, and any browser that doesn't strip it (don't think any will) will take the user to that url with %20. Minor annoyance, but there might be some upset people who don't know how to fix it...
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

Depthfirst
Initiate

Post by Depthfirst » September 17th, 2018, 2:49 pm

Still no steam key for me. I’ve followed all of the recommendations that I found on the forums. Nothing worked. What do I do?

fubeca150
Initiate

Post by fubeca150 » September 17th, 2018, 5:01 pm

I'm in the same boat. I finished the survey last week, re-opened it and re-closed it today (since all the options were locked). I'm waiting on a Steam and GOG key, so maybe that's why it's choking on mine?

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » September 17th, 2018, 6:48 pm

If you aboslutely can't get it, contact Phimseto. Provide your email, and he can look up the key.
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 17th, 2018, 7:38 pm

I just used Sharex to copy the backers badge from where I see it, but it's too big to use. The height limit is 60-90 pixels I think. Even when I resize it. I think there might be a conflict with the earlier badge. Too many badges.

Depthfirst
Initiate

Post by Depthfirst » September 17th, 2018, 9:46 pm

thebruce wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 6:48 pm
If you aboslutely can't get it, contact Phimseto. Provide your email, and he can look up the key.
Tried that too. No answer. I’ve seriously tried about 10 different methods that people have recommended, with no luck on any of them. :(

DNACowboy
Scholar

Post by DNACowboy » September 18th, 2018, 6:26 am

Depthfirst wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 2:49 pm
Still no steam key for me. I’ve followed all of the recommendations that I found on the forums. Nothing worked. What do I do?
There is a possibility the site is bugged as I had considerable problems as well. However, I persevered and kept re-doing the survey, eventually the choice option appeared at the bottom of the page where is said: 'Bards Tale IV - Unknown, please select either GOG or STEAM'. As soon as I had confirmed my choice I received my 'key' email.

Please remember to complete the survey because if you don't the process will not generate a key nor fulfil your pledge.

regards
This poster receives no commercial consideration or work from Inxile, he truly believes Bards Tale IV: Barrows Deep to be a great game and one he enjoys on a daily basis

Monkster
Initiate

Post by Monkster » September 18th, 2018, 7:20 am

I seem to be in the same boat. No key yet. Crossing fingers for today. :)

Edit: inXile helped me out and got me the key. Thank you!

DoctorMemory
Initiate

Post by DoctorMemory » September 18th, 2018, 12:46 pm

I am in the same boat it is listing Digital (None) for my reward no matter how many times I try to select the Steam key. Is this because I selected Steam for the remastered version which is now showing as "Locked" on the survey? Is that what is preventing me from making a choice? CrowdOx needs to get this sorted quickly!