Backer Site Update

Announcements & media coverage pertaining to Bard's Tale IV. Only moderators & inXile can make new threads on this forum.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

phimseto
Developer

Backer Site Update

Post by phimseto » May 26th, 2017, 3:12 pm

December 5th, 2017 update:

As of today, the backer portal is now live. You can access it here: https://app.crowdox.com/retrieve/inxile ... ds-tale-iv

We'll be sending out emails to everyone soon, but you can get a head-start by visiting CrowdOx and entering the email address you used on Kickstarter. CrowdOx will then send you a link that you can use to confirm your backer info and rewards. Once you receive the email and click on the link provided, you will be brought to a survey page that will walk you through the pledge confirmation process. After you have confirmed your pledge, you will be able to access currently available awards, and see which ones you'll be receiving at a future date. Be sure to double-check to ensure details were imported correctly! This is also a great opportunity to update your shipping address if you had a reward level with physical goods included. If you have any problem with this process, you can write us via the support contact info listed on the page or at our Help Center.

In addition, this means that pledge upgrades, add-ons, and late backer pledging are once again available. If you were waiting on a particular reward level or add-on, or you had a friend who was waiting on backing the game, now's the time! Help us spread the word!

When doing your backer survey for CrowdOx, there won't be a choice for Steam or GOG code for your copy of The Bard's Tale IV. That option will become available close to the game's release.

Once you've completed and submitted your backer survey for CrowdOx, you will be sent another email with links to any unclaimed rewards (such as game codes). The email won't necessarily go out right away, so give it a few minutes to show up and be sure to check your spam folder, too.

If you have a problem with any part of this process or your pledge in general, you can reach out to us for help at our help desk.

Sir Eyeball
Initiate

Re: Backer Site Update

Post by Sir Eyeball » August 27th, 2017, 3:34 pm

When will the backer site be back with my rewards page? Or am I missing something? I cannot find my profile or rewards on the https://bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com/ page is it somewhere else or do I need to do something I might have missed?

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » August 28th, 2017, 11:36 am

Still working on it with CrowdOx. There's certain things that need to get squared away on their end before we can properly import everyone's reward pages. As soon as the site is live again, we will be announcing it here, there, and everywhere.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » September 14th, 2017, 1:06 pm

Getting close: just going through data now and correcting any errors that we find.

Themadcow
Scholar

Post by Themadcow » September 29th, 2017, 1:43 am

This backer portal port seems like an epic tale, worthy of the Bard himself...

Hold on - tell me the server room isn't in Kylearan's Tower?

Looking forward to my Beta access in 2025 ;)
~~~ CPC's - Getting in the way of fun gameplay since 1998 ~~~

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » September 29th, 2017, 9:00 am

It does feel like a long-ago song, doesn't it? In all seriousness, it's obviously frustrating but the end result will be an easier, cleaner way for us to deliver backer rewards and backers to access them/change information. And due credit to CrowdOx, who had to make some changes on their end to accommodate the way we had our rewards set up. It has been a lengthy, not particularly fun process, but we're getting there.

Czechmart
Initiate

Post by Czechmart » October 7th, 2017, 12:03 pm

Thanks looking forward to more updates.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » October 26th, 2017, 5:28 pm

The backer site continues to be "close" but as we're reviewing the site with CrowdOx, little things keep cropping up so we have to keep going in and fixing, checking, double-checking with them. The process is moving along, but unfortunately the re-launch still awaits.

lefty1117
Novice

Post by lefty1117 » October 27th, 2017, 7:04 am

Feels like a snail's pace on anything related to BT4, including the web site. Hopefully we'll all be amazed with some major updates soon...

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » November 4th, 2017, 3:04 am

Seconded.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Serjo
Explorer

Post by Serjo » November 4th, 2017, 9:28 am

From the Kickstarter we know that there are at least two public builds coming before release:
an early ALPHA SYSTEMS TEST to let you try out and give feedback on the game's combat and spell systems as we develop the game.
enjoy BETA ACCESS to The Bard's Tale IV before the final version is released.
For Torment they released the backer alpha 18 months before launch. If inXile are still planning on a 2018 release, I would expect the alpha to go live very soon.

kiljoymccoy
Initiate

Post by kiljoymccoy » November 8th, 2017, 11:41 am

Any news would be great

Serjo
Explorer

Post by Serjo » November 8th, 2017, 1:46 pm

We just got an update two weeks ago. This kind of thing can take months, if not years :!:

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » November 9th, 2017, 4:47 pm

We'll be rolling out a "soft launch" soon to get backers in to check it out, make sure everything looks good on their accounts, and troubleshoot anything they find that CrowdOx and we missed. Once we're comfortable with that, we'll be doing a larger, public roll-out.

Fizen
Initiate

Post by Fizen » November 10th, 2017, 12:18 am

cant wait

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » November 14th, 2017, 8:12 am

Hi all, we're currently soft-launching the Backer Portal site, meaning we're inviting people to participate and make sure things are working properly before putting out a full public announcement that the site is back up. If you're interested in checking it out, you can click this link - https://app.crowdox.com/retrieve/inxile ... ds-tale-iv - enter the email address you use on Kickstarter, and then CrowdOx will email you a link that you can use to access your backer info and rewards.

Because of some issues in data between the old backer portal and Kickstarter (a large part of why we made the switch to CrowdOx), there may be some email or mailing address discrepancies. When you log in, please be sure to check your contact and shipping information and update if necessary.

balinor
Initiate

Post by balinor » November 14th, 2017, 10:22 am

Keep getting "internal server error" when trying to move on from the extras page. Have to say I am far from impressed by Inxile on the Bard's Tale project to date. Switching off the old site before having the new one in place was an act of sheer stupidity and just shows utter contempt for the player base.

Let's hope this is a lesson learnt for the future. Get the ducks lined up BEFORE you go live.

demeisen
Scholar

Post by demeisen » November 14th, 2017, 10:23 am

phimseto wrote:
November 14th, 2017, 8:12 am
we're inviting people to participate and make sure things are working properly
FYI, I just tried and everything went fine. Added one extra item, went through the checkout process, no problems. Subsequent email showed up with links to the emulated BT1-3. After installing dosbox with apt-get per readme.txt, the emulated games launched OK. I didn't trying playing them, but they appeared to be functional (mouse working, can select menus, etc).

waltc
Scholar

Post by waltc » November 14th, 2017, 10:27 am

phimseto wrote:
November 14th, 2017, 8:12 am
Hi all, we're currently soft-launching the Backer Portal site, meaning we're inviting people to participate and make sure things are working properly before putting out a full public announcement that the site is back up. If you're interested in checking it out, you can click this link - https://app.crowdox.com/retrieve/inxile ... ds-tale-iv - enter the email address you use on Kickstarter, and then CrowdOx will email you a link that you can use to access your backer info and rewards.
Great news! Worked here...everything is correct. I tried "saving" at the bottom of the page, but got an internal server error, so I guess this is still an ongoing thing! Everything is there, though! Good deal.

I got one game through Steam (Tides) and another through GOG (Wasteland/DC), and I would prefer to get BTIV through GOG as well. Do you know off-hand whether we'll be asked to provide a choice of distributor when the download becomes available next year? (Hope so. Really don't want to add anything to Steam as I'm trying to move away from Steam these days, to GOG.)
Last edited by waltc on November 17th, 2017, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

demeisen
Scholar

Post by demeisen » November 14th, 2017, 10:42 am

waltc wrote:
November 14th, 2017, 10:27 am
anything to Steam as I'm trying to move away from Steam these days, to GOG.)
I believe it's good news on that front: the kickstarter page said:
Built using Unreal Engine 4, for PC, Mac and Linux. Available from Steam, or DRM-Free from GOG.com or The Humble Store
So they'll have some way to get it from our choice of those stores. That was a requirement for me before I decided to back: if it had been Steam-only, then I would have stayed away. +1 to InXile for supporting DRM-free distribution.