How to level a Rogue?

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

McDougle
Adventurer

How to level a Rogue?

Post by McDougle » September 11th, 2014, 10:50 am

I am currently playing with the idea of a Rogue Rangers Team as a 2nd or 3rd playthrough.
[Called:
DisRespect (Face & Stealth)
DisObedience (Doc / Stuff)
DisOrder (Tech, Explosives)
DisPosal (Sniper)]

But how can a Rogue Team lvl up, when they are basically on war with Ranger HQ?

I dont need a detailed answer... a "there will be an alternative" would suffice. :)
>When I said “no” I felt like a kid who had to stay inside and practice the piano while all his friends got to go eat ice cream and have awesome sex on the moon.<Pat Rothfuss
Shadowrun Returns videos (LetsPlays, Editor Tutorials, Modding)

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Re: How to level a Rogue?

Post by SagaDC » September 11th, 2014, 11:00 am

It may be a moot point, depending on how quickly the game ends after turning on the Rangers. The Devs have hinted that you'll be able to join an alternate faction afterwards, which would theoretically allow you to continue going up levels, but they've also stated that it will bring your game to a premature alternate ending (as opposed to continuing on to California to take on the various cults found there).

McDougle
Adventurer

Post by McDougle » September 11th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Alternate faction?

That sounds sooooo Red Scorpion Militia. :lol:
>When I said “no” I felt like a kid who had to stay inside and practice the piano while all his friends got to go eat ice cream and have awesome sex on the moon.<Pat Rothfuss

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » September 11th, 2014, 1:39 pm

McDougle wrote:Alternate faction?

That sounds sooooo Red Scorpion Militia. :lol:
Could be! Though it does beg the question of what would happen if you defected from the Rangers AFTER wiping out the RSM.

And there are plenty of potential factions to join up with in the latter half of the game, though if I had to guess I'd say the Synthetic cult are the most likely potential allies in the case of defection.

McDougle
Adventurer

Post by McDougle » September 12th, 2014, 8:55 am

That would be... so... frickin... AWESOME! 8-)