No followers' personal qeusts?

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

luoshuigui
Scholar

No followers' personal qeusts?

Post by luoshuigui » August 31st, 2014, 12:01 am

I understand WL2's followers wont have same level of detailed dialogs, clashing personalities, plot importance and involvement like Baldur's Gate 2 or Mass Effect, but after 80 hours of the betatesting, they feel like, well knida thin.
All they do is popping some comments once a while, sometimes they can trigger a scene or two(like when Rose opening Dawin Village door), mostly they dont make any impact on anything, sure some comments are funny, like when Pizepi met the Rangers' chef she thought Rangers eat mutant, but that's it?
I'm not asking they all be Morte, Viconia or Liara level characters, but they are little more than Player made rangers, at least in the Beta.
So, what i meant to ask is, are we expecting the followers be more like Fallout 1, which it's a design choice to make them unimportant, or we can expect the final game be more like NewVegas which has awesome, colorful companions with their own quests and stuff?

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Re: No followers' personal qeusts?

Post by Woolfe » August 31st, 2014, 2:54 am

I was under the impression that some do have side quests available, just not everyone.

Can anyone confirm this? Saga?
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » August 31st, 2014, 5:13 am

Scotchmo has a short one where you recover his hidden stash of squeezins.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Tangaroa
Scholar

Post by Tangaroa » August 31st, 2014, 5:46 am

Ralphy and a monk have an interaction where you get involved in the Canyon of the Titan, near the first checkpoint.

What you do in Rail Nomads affects if you get to keep Ralphy or not.

Poor, poor Vulture Squawk. No love :)

luoshuigui
Scholar

Post by luoshuigui » August 31st, 2014, 10:00 am

Those 5 bottles of liquor for Sctchmo are.... yeah ok
About Ralh, still he has no impact or influence on RNC quest in anyway, with or without him you can have same outcomes there.

so, basically, it's Fallout 1 then?

Tangaroa
Scholar

Post by Tangaroa » August 31st, 2014, 1:25 pm

With Ralphy, Jessie doesn't get captured. Without Ralphy, she will

luoshuigui
Scholar

Post by luoshuigui » August 31st, 2014, 2:24 pm

Tangaroa wrote:With Ralphy, Jessie doesn't get captured. Without Ralphy, she will
And that changes the RNC quest outcome how? ;)
Sure they might have some mini unlogged quests but those didn't make them anymore relatable or 3 dimensional, they never talk to each other almost never react to anything other than some short comment, you can not chat with them, learn more about them, aside those comments, they are little different than rangers i made, well beside being massively underpowered unskilled underleveled and badly built compare to my guys.

Lexx
Scholar

Post by Lexx » August 31st, 2014, 2:46 pm

Tangaroa wrote:With Ralphy, Jessie doesn't get captured. Without Ralphy, she will
Not true. I had Ralphy and Jessie got captured anyway.

Tangaroa
Scholar

Post by Tangaroa » August 31st, 2014, 5:16 pm

I believe you need to trigger a specific conversation to prevent Jessies capture. But maybe I'm incorrect, and thinking of an earlier build.

EDIT: Yes, it appears you are correct. I just double checked, and it would appear that in the current beta version she always gets captured.