The game is too easy to beat

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

mashfiq
Initiate

The game is too easy to beat

Post by mashfiq » August 23rd, 2014, 6:03 am

I have played the latest build on Ranger difficulty and In my opinion these are the problems I have found

1. High availability of ammo is making the requirement of melee weapons somewhat useless.
2. Option of Selling Junk Parts in ranger Citadel is breaking the economy.
3. Impact of Luck on Loot System need to be adjusted.
4. Speed Affects "Chance to Evade" more than Awareness does. I am not sure if it is a bug or not.
5. Very easy and quick Level ups.
6. Changing weapon option have some problems, sometimes weapons don't change and during encounter if you change weapon and then attack both the firing character and the enemy take damage, it registers as a friendly fire on the person who is shooting.

This is my Team build

P --- C L A S S I C Skills (1 point each to start with)
1 --- 4 2 4 4 5 3 6 Assault Rifle, Leadership, Hard Ass, Kiss Ass, Smart Ass, Weaponsmithing
2 --- 6 4 5 3 5 3 2 Sniper Rifle, Handgun, Lockpicking, Safecracking, Outdoorsman, Perception
3 --- 5 2 5 6 5 3 2 Heavy Weapons, Shotgun, Demolitions, Mechanical Repair, Toaster Repair, Brute Force
4 --- 5 3 5 2 5 6 2 Energy Weapons, Submachine, Alarm Disarming, Computer Science, Field Medic, Surgeon

In my play through This is what I did,

1. Finished the AG Center
2. Used Weaponsmith on all the spare weapons
3. Went to Ranger Citadel and Sold all the Junk and earned over 3000 scrap at least
4. Bought all High Tier weapons, Armor and Stock on Ammo from Citadel

At this point onward the game became too easy ... none of the encounters was of any difficulty whatsoever.

When I got Scotchmo with 6 Luck, I started to find too much Loot ... it became boring to even open a chest or Safe ... Enemy started to drop too much weapons and ammo ....

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Re: The game is too easy to beat

Post by Crosmando » August 23rd, 2014, 6:16 am

Yep.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Fischer
Acolyte

Post by Fischer » August 23rd, 2014, 6:24 am

We know the beta difficulty, loot and balance aren't no way close to final.

So no point in complaining about it right now, since Brother None/Sea already commented that they are doing massive difficulty and balance passes the next 1 month before release..

So just wait and see :)
// Daedalos // Intinium

mashfiq
Initiate

Post by mashfiq » August 23rd, 2014, 6:26 am

:D Not complaining, Just notifying thought it might help them :D

sumbitch
Novice
Location: In the doughnut-mobile chasing bad guys while cursing on the radio

Post by sumbitch » August 23rd, 2014, 8:44 am

Regarding "Very easy and quick Level ups.", the beta does feature faster level up for testing purposes, which will change in the full game. Other than that, I agree, especially with the junk parts breaking game economy. This is also true for the cache full of game boxes which can be sold for thosands of scrap... Hopefully scrap will be useless in LA :)
Where you at, you sumbitch?!