Volley Fire!

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Doctor Atomic
Initiate

Volley Fire!

Post by Doctor Atomic » August 19th, 2014, 7:57 am

I am just at the beginning, wandering around looking for the radio tower. When I come upon a raider I click on him to initiate combat and my entire team fires as one, blowing the target to shreds, and then the game goes into turn based mode for the rest of the fight. Very nice, and all, but a bit wasteful of ammo, can I single out one or two shooters to fire instead of having the entire team fire a volley?
Technical and Tactical

dorkboy
Master

Re: Volley Fire!

Post by dorkboy » August 19th, 2014, 8:10 am

Yeah, you should be able to just use one (or a couple) of shooter(s) for the first volley. In order to select just a single/couple of characters you have to switch to solo selection mode (default: Space).
marmelade & jam

Fellby
Novice

Post by Fellby » August 19th, 2014, 8:47 am

dorkboy wrote:Yeah, you should be able to just use one (or a couple) of shooter(s) for the first volley. In order to select just a single/couple of characters you have to switch to solo selection mode (default: Space).
This.

Once in solo mode you can click individual characters, or select multiple with clicking and dragging or holding shift/control (one of them, idk off the top of my head) and clucking on their portrait/them

tsushima
Initiate

Post by tsushima » August 24th, 2014, 4:35 am

Once in solo mode you can click individual characters, or select multiple with clicking and dragging or holding shift/control (one of them, idk off the top of my head) and clucking on their portrait/them
Thanks, that is handy. Maybe there needs to be confirm dialog before volley fire from group mode. I often deliberately pick a ranger and use a melee attack against an obstacle only to curse as I waste ammo as the rest of group blaze away. Same thing if I just want my sniper to pick off an enemy at long range and forget to select solo.