Trinket List (Spoilers, as always)

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Trinket List (Spoilers, as always)

Post by SagaDC » August 4th, 2014, 11:14 pm

Since recent Dev chatter has implied that Trinkets might be rethought before the game goes live in another four or five weeks, I went ahead and tossed together a list for the sake of posterity. As a bonus, I also tossed in a few notes on what tier they come from and where some of them can be found (to the best of my recollection). Minor trinkets can be found in many locations, but thus far I have only found ONE location that can spawn major trinkets. I haven't finished playing through The Prison / Titan Valley / Damonta in the new Beta yet, so those are excluded.

This list probably isn't complete, but it should be a decent chunk of the trinkets currently implemented. Most of these were found by repeatedly save-scumming the two or three loot sources that are guaranteed to drop a random trinket.

Akita Figurine (Minor): +2 Animal Whisperer. Merchant outside Ranger Citadel (guaranteed). Random drop in certain containers and vendor inventories.

Anna's Eagle Feather (Minor): +1 Awareness. Unmarked quest reward in Rail Nomad Camp (guaranteed). Requisitions vendor in Ranger Citadel (guaranteed).

Rabbit's Foot (Minor): +1 Luck. Uncommon drop from any Giant Rabbit.

Shiny Ranger Star (Minor): +1 Hard Ass. Random drop in certain containers and vendor inventories.

Ship in a Bottle (Minor?): +1 SP per Level (must be equipped on level-up). Requisition Vendor in Ranger Citadel (guaranteed). "Companion Quest" Vendor in Highpool (possibly guaranteed).

Spiked Collar (Minor): +1 Charisma. Rare drop from any dog-type enemy (not wolves). Random drop in certain containers and vendor inventories.

Sunbrella (Minor): +2 Outdoorsman. Quest reward in Ag Center (guaranteed). Random drop in certain containers and vendor inventories.

Unusual Bow (Minor): +2 Barter. Requisition Vendor in Ranger Citadel. Vulture's Cry's lost inventory (guaranteed, requires completion of minor unmarked quest). Random drop in certain vendor inventories.

White Death (Minor): -10 Evasion Chance, +2 Sniper Rifles. Requisition Vendor in Ranger Citadel (guaranteed). Random drop in certain containers.

Blank Voodoo Doll (Major): -1 Coordination, +10 Critical Chance. Secret Stash in Rail Nomad Camp (random).

Broken Toy Robot (Major): +2 Computer Science, +1 Energy Weapons. Secret Stash in Rail Nomad Camp (random).

Cleric's Cross (Major): +1 Field Medic, +2 Surgeon. Secret Stash in Rail Nomad Camp (random). Vendor at Titan Valley.

Lark O'Matic 420 (Major): +2 Awareness, +2 Outdoorsman. Secret Stash in Rail Nomad Camp (random).

PDA (Major): +2 Coordination. Secret Stash in Rail Nomad Camp (random).

Shaft of Prayer (Major): +2 Bladed Weapons, +2 Blunt Weapons, -5 Luck. Secret Stash in Rail Nomad Camp (random). Vendor at Titan Valley.

Three-Headed Snake Amulet (Major): +2 Leadership. Secret Stash in Rail Nomad Camp (random). Vendor at Titan Valley.

Wasteland Fan Club Pin: +1 Luck, +1 Perception. Reward from Flintlock for turning over the Wasteland Disk from Darwin Village.

Unique Trinkets!

Eye of Providence (Unique): +1 Intelligence. Owl Safe in Titan Valley (guaranteed).

Matt Forrestal's Ranger Star (Unique): +1 Strength. Quest reward in Ag Center (guaranteed).

Pair of Engagement Rings (Unique): +1 Strength, +1 Luck, +1 Survival Point per Level. Kill General Vargas (common drop, but may not be guaranteed).
Last edited by SagaDC on August 8th, 2014, 1:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BetaSpectre
Explorer

Re: Trinket List (Spoilers, as always)

Post by BetaSpectre » August 4th, 2014, 11:22 pm

Thanks.

I found two ship in a bottles tackleing the left Rail Nomad Camp past the wolves.

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » August 7th, 2014, 10:51 am

Made a new subsection for unique trinkets, and added the Pair of Engagement Rings. The Engagement Rings trinket is easily the most powerful one currently in the game (+1 Strength, +1 Luck, +1 SP/Level), but it appears to exclusively drop from General Vargas. So to get it you'd either have to cheat, or you'd have to be willing to get the "bad" ending for turning on the Rangers. It could theoretically become available in the California area, though.

palker
Acolyte

Post by palker » August 7th, 2014, 11:06 am

I found the engagement rings in Valley of Titan or Damonta cannot remember right now. All i know that i had them on one of my characters.

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » August 7th, 2014, 11:11 am

palker wrote:I found the engagement rings in Valley of Titan or Damonta cannot remember right now. All i know that i had them on one of my characters.
Ahh, interesting. Okay, so maybe they're not unique to Vargas. He is, however, guaranteed to drop it (along with his three-piece outfit, a Spectra Assault Vest, a Wasteland Hawk handgun, and roughly 3000+ Scrap). The reason I didn't think he always dropped them was because occasionally his body will disappear (especially if you kill him with an ambush attack, before combat has officially started).

Kordor
Acolyte

Post by Kordor » August 10th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Do these trinkets which increase STR or INT have any effect on the CON or SP you gain on level up?

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » August 10th, 2014, 4:42 pm

Kordor wrote:Do these trinkets which increase STR or INT have any effect on the CON or SP you gain on level up?
They do indeed, which is a little odd. In the case of Intelligence-boosting Trinkets, though, it's generally more efficient to use the +1 SP/Level Trinket instead (Ship in a Bottle). Since you can only have a single trinket equipped at a time, it essentially comes down to which permanent bonus you'd want to enjoy - the bonus to MAXCON or the bonus to your Skill Points.

This may or may not be changed before the game goes live. The Devs are getting a LOT of feedback on the Trinket system right now (and, by extension, the Shrines and Statues).