Ranger Citadel Is Hostile

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

momofreeman
Initiate

Ranger Citadel Is Hostile

Post by momofreeman » July 19th, 2019, 7:46 am

After completing Ag Center and then Highpool, I've returned to the Citadel. As soon as I enter, the entire complex is hostile and an encounter begins. I have not engaged any civilians and there were no problems finishing Ag Center. The only thing I can think of is that I collected Vax and he fought for a few encounters before being destroyed but I don't see why that would cause a problem. I've completed the game before and never had this problem. Any thoughts on why they may be hostile and how to fix it?

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: Ranger Citadel Is Hostile

Post by Drool » July 19th, 2019, 3:58 pm

Odd. I can't think of anything that would make them hostile outside of actively doing something. Like shooting someone.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Gillsing
Explorer

Re: Ranger Citadel Is Hostile

Post by Gillsing » July 19th, 2019, 11:48 pm

How to fix it: You could go into your save file and check what the FactionAngerList tags say about which Factions have Anger towards your team of Rangers, and how much. In my experience, a positive number means that a Faction has begun to count your transgressions, and may already be hostile. A zero means that they're definitely hostile, and is no longer counting transgressions. So deleting the Faction tag plus its Anger tag should convince the game that the Faction in question is not actually hostile at all.

I remember Rose being permanently taunted by my leader until I dismissed her and picked her back up again. And that seemed weird. Could have had something to do with fighting the pod person in the infirmary, since Rose would've been near there. But I can't see why Rangers at the citadel would become hostile even if you killed civilians at some location. It would take an awful lot of dead civilians for that to happen, as far as I've heard.