Skill bug?

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Mercer Skye
Initiate

Skill bug?

Post by Mercer Skye » June 10th, 2019, 4:12 pm

So, I've made it into end game, and all of my 'loot' skills are maxed out at level 10. My lockpicker, though, keeps running into containters that say 12% chance to open. Shouldn't there be nothing under base 60% now? skill descriptions basically say there's nothing over a challenge level of 10.

Could it be a bug associated with the skill boosting trinkets? (I was 'cheating' my skills up with the burglar mask and toolbag for some things)

Gillsing
Explorer

Re: Skill bug?

Post by Gillsing » June 10th, 2019, 4:29 pm

I haven't played that far, but presumably the game contains skill challenges against level 12, which would be 60%->25%->10%, plus Luck, if your skill is at level 10. Shouldn't be bug, just developers giving players an even heavier incentive to save scum. Could also possibly be a small reward to people with very high Luck, since Luck 10 would give 20% chance of success, which would be significantly higher than the 12% you'd get with Luck 2.

Mercer Skye
Initiate

Re: Skill bug?

Post by Mercer Skye » June 10th, 2019, 5:13 pm

Okay, that makes sense. Somehow I didn't think of the simpler idea that there were some extra challenges. Though, I'd wager it not so much an incentive to scum, but more a reward for actually taking skills out of 'scum range' for most other boxes