Secret Speech options?

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Dr_Nomz
Initiate

Secret Speech options?

Post by Dr_Nomz » December 30th, 2018, 9:23 am

You know how near the beginning of the game there'll be a tip that tells you about secret speech options and that you have to "pay attention" to find them? Is that true? Are there certain things you can say to certain characters that you have to type out yourself? If so, where and what do I type?

Gillsing
Explorer

Re: Secret Speech options?

Post by Gillsing » December 30th, 2018, 10:16 am

Yes, there are secret options that have to be typed manually during dialogue. Such as "both" when trying to convince the Rail Nomad Camp leaders that both sides can have the Golden Spike, though that one might come up as a Smart Ass choice as well. After saving Ag Center you can also type "Ag Center" (case sensitive) when talking to Mercaptain to get a requisition order for a unique revolver with two skill bonuses. And when talking to Red in his scrapyard in Happy Valley (The Prison), you can type "brother" to show him you intercepted the Morse code message from his brother at the Radio Tower area. And those are the three I know of that have special results. There are other options that just give you additional dialogue. Try to type in anything that you think might have some relevance to the NPC, and see if they have anything special to say. In Arizona you can often type in stuff pertaining to the main quest, such as "radio" and "ranger".

Dr_Nomz
Initiate

Post by Dr_Nomz » January 4th, 2019, 4:10 pm

I think the "both" option is just visible by default, unless it is specifically a skill requirement. (Pretty sure I remember using it during that quest.)

As for the others those are awesome! But isn't there some list somewhere? Or did the devs actually not tell anybody what all the options are?

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » January 4th, 2019, 4:43 pm

As I recall, "both" was the only one that mattered. And it was added as a button in the DC anyway.
Alwa nasci korliri das.