Mailinator Bug DC version (item not there)

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

RipperT
Initiate

Mailinator Bug DC version (item not there)

Post by RipperT » July 25th, 2018, 2:34 pm

First, I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere in any detail. The searches I performed did not show the exact cause or give any concrete information as to why the weapon would disappear from the game.

If you wish to collect the Mailinator in your game (Directors Cut), under no circumstance should you enter the shrine north of the level five radiation wall, prior to entering Hollywood and locating the container with that weapon in it. The trash bag in the shrine and the bag in the sewers both share the same clearance flag. If one is accessed, the other is also marked as emptied. Not getting any loot from the shrine is no great loss, compared to the loss of a unique weapon, in my book.

This is the only limiting factor I could find after many hours of game play. Saving and reloading games in Hollywood do not effect the outcome, as has been suggested as a possibility in other threads on this issue.