Where are Quirks?

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Brian1014
Initiate

Where are Quirks?

Post by Brian1014 » December 7th, 2017, 11:35 am

I've had this game for a while, but just got the itch to play it. Downloaded. Installed it (Good Old Games purchase if that matters)

Did some thinking and reading about attributes and whatnot and was pondering quirks.

Only I can't assign any...there doesn't seem to be the option to during or after character creation. The manual says nothing about it, and my CC screen doesn't look like many of the videos I searched after I started wondering this.

I tried starting on all the difficulties with no difference, thinking that they might be restricted to higher levels. Am I missing something here? I've got to be missing something here, right?

Gillsing
Scholar

Re: Where are Quirks?

Post by Gillsing » December 7th, 2017, 3:41 pm

That doesn't look like the Director's Cut version, so I guess you must've installed the original version, without quirks and perks and other additions. Maybe you also bought the original version, and don't necessarily have the option to upgrade for free? I'm not sure about the options there.

sear
Developer

Re: Where are Quirks?

Post by sear » December 8th, 2017, 1:04 pm

Yeah, you installed the original Wasteland 2 release. The Director's Cut is a separate install, similar to how Larian did it for their Enhanced Edition of Divinity: Original Sin. We wanted to give the option for users to continue playing the original release if they wanted, so both versions are available.

The good news is it's not a separate purchase - you should have both versions of the game available in your GOG library.
Eric Schwarz
Wasteland 3 System Designer