Highpool Blazing House

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Ubykh
Initiate

Highpool Blazing House

Post by Ubykh » August 8th, 2017, 11:47 am

Hello,

It's been two days now since I'm trying to solve this quest : help saving the blazing/burning house in Highpool.

So far, I tested the following :
-Get the valve close to the burning house, place it on the pump, use mechanic skill to repair : not working, mechanic does nothing on the pump, despite message saying "your mechanic skills could help here"

-Speak to the guy, Mark Stachowiak, use kiss-ass, get the valve close to the burning house, place it on the pump, talk back to the guy so that he fixes it : not working, guy is repeating same dialogue

-Speak to the guy, use hard-ass, get the valve close to the burning house, place it on the pump, talk back to the guy so that he fixes it : not working, guy is repeating same dialogue.

-Speak to the guy, get the valve close to the burning house, speak to the guy, try to use mechanic skill to repair : not working either, mechanic does nothing on the pump, despite message saying "your mechanic skills could help here"

Is the quest broken (I remember having it done without issue at launch), or did I miss something ?

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: Highpool Blazing House

Post by Drool » August 8th, 2017, 9:33 pm

That's odd. I saved the house without issue in my last runthrough of the DC.

Let's see... I grabbed the valve. Examined the pump. Used the valve on the pump. Then used Mechanical Repair (off my hotbar) to fix it.

https://youtu.be/bjqr5vzevUg?t=10m3s
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Grohal
Adventurer

Post by Grohal » August 8th, 2017, 10:19 pm

Drool wrote: ↑
August 8th, 2017, 9:33 pm
That's odd. I saved the house without issue in my last runthrough of the DC.

Let's see... I grabbed the valve. Examined the pump. Used the valve on the pump. Then used Mechanical Repair (off my hotbar) to fix it.

https://youtu.be/bjqr5vzevUg?t=10m3s
Same here. Never had problems with that - unless I failed several time or failed critical one time.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

Stargazer
Initiate

Post by Stargazer » August 23rd, 2017, 9:26 pm

Same here. Just did it last night, as written above; no problems.