Please help me complete this squad

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

pedrorq
Initiate

Please help me complete this squad

Post by pedrorq » August 3rd, 2017, 12:30 pm

Hi all,

Looking for suggestions to complete this team:

Member 1) The shooter, going for higher initiative for early bursts
  • 2-1-8-2-10-4-1 AP8 I18
    assault rifles, perception, weapon smithing, outdoorsman
    no quirks
Member 2) The stabber, going for high AP for multiple stabs
  • 4-1-2-6-10-4-1 AP10 I12
    bladed weapons, brute force, medic (+1 surgeon, weapon smithing)
    opportunist quirk
How to finish this party? Here are my ideas:

A) The half-heroes: one member "wastes" points on CHA and the other on INT

Member 3) The leader
  • 6-1-2-2-6-4-7 AP9 I10
    submachine guns, leadership, smart ass, demolitions
    psychopath perk
Member 4) The savvy sniper
  • 2-1-4-2-8-10-1 AP9 I13
    sniper, mechanical repair, +++
    brittle bones quirk
B) The useless leader: give the leader high CHA and INT, leaving little use for combat itself, on the other hand, the other member becomes a full-use sniper with the very sweet spot of 12AP (AP10+Brittle Bones)

Member 3) The peaceful leader
  • 2-1-3-2-4-10-6 AP8 I10
    submachine guns, leadership, smart ass, demolitions, +++
    psychopath perk
Member 4) The sniper
  • 8-1-6-1-7-4-1 AP10 14.5
    sniper, mechanical repair
    brittle bones quirk
C) Leave it to Rose: use Rose as the skill monkey, and make the two remaining chars reasonably useful

Member 3) The leader
  • 6-1-2-2-6-4-7 AP9 I10
    submachine guns, leadership, smart ass, demolitions
    psychopath perk
Member 4) The sniper
  • 8-1-6-1-7-4-1 AP10 14.5
    sniper, mechanical repair
    brittle bones quirk

NPCs: Angela Deth (until she's gone), Rose, Scotchmo (for utility), Ralphy (respec for heavy weapons), Pizepi (later in the game)

Should I go with A) ? B)? C)? Something else? :) Thanks in advance!

Gillsing
Scholar

Re: Please help me complete this squad

Post by Gillsing » October 25th, 2017, 2:35 am

Since this is a months old post by now, I guess you might have already found out that Combat Initiative isn't just acting early, it is also acting more often. So it kind of works like Action Points to a certain degree. I merged shooter with stabber for a general "killer": 2-1-7-6-10-1-1 AP 8 CI 17 (Twitchy quirk, bladed weapons, sniper rifles, brute force, hard ass)

Main tactic is to stay out of enemy attack range, whether it be guns or move+melee. And since I want to enjoy the accuracy bonus from Leadership, I made sure that my leader has high enough Combat Initiative to act often enough to keep within Leadership range of the killer who can move across an entire battlefield in a single round: 2-1-2-2-10-1-10 AP 7 CI 12 (Delayed Gratification quirk, leadership, energy weapons, smart ass)

I also wanted to try out heavy armor, so I made a big and strong skill monkey with the Thick-Skinned quirk. Was planning to get Weaponsmithing to 8 as quickly as possible, but held off at 7 because 7 + book + trinket = 10. Could have had Armor 9 in Arizona for complete immunity to M4 Carbine, Bren, and Makeshift Cleaver, but Armor 8 is good enough for immunity to Arizona pistols and shotguns. That ranger is also the medic, as walking around self-healing with medic packs works really well when not taking a whole lot of damage in one go. Was fun to wear Steel Plate Armor from Rail Nomad Camp against AgCenter enemy boss and taking 4x4 damage instead of 4x18 before nuking the cheating bastard with a Sabot Rocket. Also immune to dog bites, but not immune to their teeth breaking legs.

Made a second skill monkey with Luck 9 for the +9% bonus to skill success chance. Confirmed with a +1 Luck Rabbit's Foot that critical failures are rolled before success/failure, so one can have 100% chance of success with 1% chance of critical failure if skill level gives 90% and Luck 10 gives another +10%. Saving a lot of skill points for experiments with high Luck, but apparently the code for weapon jamming has been posted, and does not check for any attributes. Oh well.