Anyone else killed Dave Oshry

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Zetamax
Initiate

Anyone else killed Dave Oshry

Post by Zetamax » January 19th, 2017, 5:20 am

I'm not normally the merchant murdering type, but that guy just got on my nerves.
After encountering him a few times I was doing a run around the wastes to get some xp for my lower level companions before heading to LA and i encountered him again, he didn't have anything I felt like buying and when he did his "you waste ny time" act I decided to let him have it.
Turns out that when you kill him he drops his entire merchant stock!
Sweet. I now have many things that go boom to take to California with me.

sear
Developer

Re: Anyone else killed Dave Oshry

Post by sear » January 19th, 2017, 9:46 am

Yeah, killing merchants is definitely one of those things we wanted to put in the game and be rewarding - I would be lying if I said I felt good about it when I did it, though. ;)

Jozape
Explorer

Post by Jozape » February 14th, 2017, 2:21 pm

I killed him immediately. His wares are a joke compared to the Citadel, yet he expects people to buy or die! Well, he got what he expected, in a reversed way. ;)

crimsoncorporation
Initiate

Post by crimsoncorporation » February 15th, 2017, 11:24 am

sear wrote:Yeah, killing merchants is definitely one of those things we wanted to put in the game and be rewarding - I would be lying if I said I felt good about it when I did it, though. ;)
Would be cool if Wasteland 3 featured more of these unique random encounters, it's always a nice change of pace when I hit one of those.