Cannot Discuss Damonta (Spoilers)

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

mentaltyranny
Initiate

Cannot Discuss Damonta (Spoilers)

Post by mentaltyranny » January 4th, 2017, 7:56 am

When I get to Prison Valley, Fred Darvis and a few others mention Damonta. However, no one has Damonta as a topic. I know from Google that Fred Darvis is supposed to point me to a guy named Red, but no luck. I even tried typing in "Damonta" and it says already discussed. Note that I bought a Level 2 rad suit several levels back (to go to Rail Nomads) but I do NOT have Damonta on my world map, in case that matters. I would try to take off the Rad Suit in case its a scripting error, but I don't know how. Can anyone help me figure out a way to progress...

mentaltyranny
Initiate

Re: Cannot Discuss Damonta (Spoilers)

Post by mentaltyranny » January 4th, 2017, 9:56 pm

Oh, just to add, Fred Darvis did give me a shrine location, but nothing about a Red. I am a little bit lost. Is this whole thing about Red and Damonta just something that got removed in an update? I don't know if I got a glitch or if this is the way it is intended. Please help.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » January 4th, 2017, 10:45 pm

Red's a dude in Happy Valley. You just have to find him.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Gillsing
Scholar

Post by Gillsing » October 12th, 2017, 6:09 pm

I've had some trouble getting various people in Prison Valley to talk about Red and the codes for his gun turrets. I don't really need all that dialogue, but it's annoying when I don't get the words that are rightfully mine.

The pig farmer William Brown has "Damonta" as a topic, and after talking to William about that, Fred Jarvis the trader is then willing to answer a typed-in "rad suits" and only then will "Red" become a valid topic, and one of Red's passwords is revealed. But Damonta "was already discussed" from the very beginning of the first conversation and stays that way, even though Fred Jarvis never mentions it.

Celia Caminada has both Damonta and rad suits as "already discussed", even after mentioning Damonta for the first time when asked about George. And I'm pretty sure she used to have another non-working code for Red's gun turrets. Fixing her well doesn't change anything in this regard.

Cyril Verbá the RSM shopkeeper is willing to answer a question about Damonta, but "rad suits" doesn't mean anything to him. Which is understandable since he's not in the business of sending people away from Happy Valley.

What is up with this game? Am I not replaying the content properly? Has the game determined that my Rangers can totally make it through the caves, so they don't need any further help? Is Scotchmo putting people off, so they pretend they don't understand English any longer?

When I tried to bring up the subject of Damonta to Gilbert "Thrasher" Sagarra, it became "We found Damonta" and he rewarded the team 50 XP each (plus the usual Charisma bonus). Even though they'd never been close to the place. They must have been very convincing.