Is the perk "Stimpacks" useful on a character with high hitpoints?

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Vampiresbane
Initiate

Post by Vampiresbane » July 17th, 2016, 10:04 am

Thinking about going from 10,8,7 3 skill build to a 8,7,7,7 build in order to get medic to 7 for self healing and hit point regen for my melee. Just wonder how worth it would be and if anyone has ever gotten the perk Stimpacks and see it actually save lives.

ecuni
Initiate

Re: Is the perk "Stimpacks" useful on a character with high hitpoints?

Post by ecuni » January 7th, 2017, 7:06 pm

I was also thinking about this. With high CI, you'd get the bonus often, perhaps twice per enemy's turn. I estimate it'd simply be a nice little bonus but hardly a game changer. Would also like to hear from someone with experience with it.

crimsoncorporation
Initiate

Re: Is the perk "Stimpacks" useful on a character with high hitpoints?

Post by crimsoncorporation » February 2nd, 2017, 5:28 pm

Well, at least on Supreme Jerk there is always a danger of enemies knocking one of your characters unconscious with a barrage or even outright killing them. As such every little bit does help in certain situations. When the going gets tough having received a Stimpack bonus might be the difference between barely staying conscious and going unconscious, or the difference between unconsciousness and death.

Other than those situations it's rather meaningless, so if you tend to reload after a battle goes badly you might very well not bother.