Heavy Weapons?

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Binary-Blues16
Novice

Heavy Weapons?

Post by Binary-Blues16 » May 10th, 2016, 10:59 pm

I've read that heavy weapons are unbalanced and seem very disadvantageous. Is that still true or did they get some sort of buff in the pretty big PS4 patch? Thanks!

LeaFlamma
Initiate

Re: Heavy Weapons?

Post by LeaFlamma » May 11th, 2016, 12:48 am

They are not too fun as main weapons, due to high ammo usage, but once leveled, they are a nice support gun. Each burst will rip the opponent's armor for your other rangers to deal more damage, so it's nothing to frown at. They suffer from jam and low accuracy early on, but develop into something more competitive later on, as you gain more levels in them. I see them as more of a support gun, same as energy weapons and shotguns.

Binary-Blues16
Novice

Re: Heavy Weapons?

Post by Binary-Blues16 » May 11th, 2016, 2:06 pm

Hmmm, thanks for that. I may have messed up my melee character so I thought I would try putting points into the heavy weapons slot instead. Fighting Gila Monsters in Highpool requires more than an uncoordinated, slow, tough but dumb damage sponge with a sickle blade. I noticed the enormous ammo cosumption right away too.