Rate My Team + Suggestions

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

BudManAkarra
Initiate

Rate My Team + Suggestions

Post by BudManAkarra » February 27th, 2016, 12:57 am

Please rate my team and suggest what stats and skills I should get from here.
I'm totally new playing on Xbox One but I did do some research and play a few hours "to get a feel" for the game.
Playing only the easiest difficulty.

---------Leader-----------
Quirk - Ascetic*
C:2
L:1
A:4
S:4
I:8
C:6*
Assault Rifles - 3
SMG - 1
Leadership - 1
Hard Ass - 1
Medic - 1*
Surgeon - 1*

-------Muscle----------
Quirk - Brittle bones
C:10
A:8
S:3
I:1
C:1
Heavy Weapons - 3
Shotguns - 1
Demolitions - 1
Perception - 1

---------Sniper----------
Quirk - Psychopath
I:4
Sniper - 4
Handguns - 1

---------Melee----------
Quirk - Heavy Handed
C:6
S:10
S:5
Blunt Weapons - 4
Energy Weapons - 1

mac10
Novice

Re: Rate My Team + Suggestions

Post by mac10 » February 27th, 2016, 9:33 pm

BudManAkarra wrote:Please rate my team and suggest what stats and skills I should get from here.
I'm totally new playing on Xbox One but I did do some research and play a few hours "to get a feel" for the game.
Playing only the easiest difficulty.

---------Leader-----------
Quirk - Ascetic* =quite bad actually, the potential save of skill pts with trinkets outweight the perk, I went delay gratification
C:2 = need more coordination on your shooters, I suggest drop 1 from str and 1 aware and +2 on coordination
I:8
C:6*
Assault Rifles - 3
SMG - 1 =don't need this, I went shotgun to save ammo early and added AR mid game
Leadership - 1 =add 1 more would be nice, drop 2 from AR, add 1 animal whisper(on a original 4 member, the animal won't be dismissed, it helped with my delay grat early game drawbacks)
Hard Ass - 1 =better off with smartass, more usage overall
Medic - 1*
Surgeon - 1* =add 2 pts in weaponsmith ASAP when you get lv4, then add the +1 AP perk

-------Muscle----------
Quirk - Brittle bones =I went thick skinned, but I see what you're going for here
A:8
S:4 = you need more str, I suggest drop 2 coordination and +2 str
S:3
I:1 = you should try to get 4 int minimum with all your original 4, the skill pt is invaluable
Heavy Weapons - 3 =HMG early game sucks and eat up your ammo, I went with SMG and blunt, mid game added HMG
Shotguns - 1 =I added kissass, get your Str to 7 and coordination to 5 by LA for no penalty using the best unique blunt weapon found at Fletcher's hideout; gave him combat training book late game too to boost HMG damage output
Demolitions - 1
Perception - 1 =add weaponsmith

---------Sniper----------
Quirk - Psychopath= I went with the #phobia to get bonus stats by cap level 50
A:4 = add more awareness, drop str and coordination
I:4
Sniper - 4
Handguns - 1 =I gave my sniper computer science

---------Melee---------- I'd suggest dropping this guy for a skill guy(brittle bones) with high AP with AR, I8 or 10, lockpick. safe cracking
Quirk - Heavy Handed
C:6
S:10
S:5
Blunt Weapons - 4
Energy Weapons - 1

Nexus
Acolyte

Re: Rate My Team + Suggestions

Post by Nexus » March 8th, 2016, 5:06 pm

EDIT: DERP, didnt see mac10's info IN the quote...

Hrm, looks like mac10 forgot to add some input there.

On the easiest difficulty, you shouldnt have any problems. Just learn the mechanics and restart after a few hours when you got most things down, especially in regards to how you want to spread your skills out. I like to play that way to, but I probably have to much time on my hand to actually play out builds to see what I like best. :)

I personally have a hard time making Intel 1 characters because I like having ALL the skills, but again personal pref. You can get them to level at least two skills through its just seems like so slow going, so you dont want to spread there points out on middling crap and focus on there 1 or 2 skills only.

Have fun!