Weapons Jam

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Thanatos0042
Initiate

Weapons Jam

Post by Thanatos0042 » February 18th, 2016, 2:25 pm

Greetings,

I just started playing and I searched and saw a lot of threads, but can't find the answer I am looking for.

The weapons my guys have are at a 3% or 4% jam. I put sturdy mag's on them all. The weapon jam % is now at -0-

The next couple of fights I get into, I have at least 2 jams per fight and in one case, one weapon jammed 3 times in a row.

am I missing something? That's just stupid. 0% on all these weapons and they jam now more than before I put the mods on.

IS there a mod to disable weapon jamming? or is this some known issue?

I am very frustrated by this.

Oh - let me amend what I wrote, every weapon except the shotgun and laser - neither of them ever seem to jam.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: Weapons Jam

Post by Drool » February 18th, 2016, 10:43 pm

If it's at 0% jam, it shouldn't be jamming.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Thanatos0042
Initiate

Post by Thanatos0042 » February 18th, 2016, 11:41 pm

Yeah, that is what I thought too - but it doesn't change the fact jams are still occurring.

I uninstalled and re-installed WL2 and I have taken off all the mods of the weapons and reapplied them and I have yet to have another occurrence of multiple jams in a row and things seem somewhat better.

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » February 19th, 2016, 12:33 am

I finished the game 3 times (2 times vanilla, one time DC) and I never seen even once a weapon at 0% chance of jamming to jam, so that's weird, it definitely shouldn't happen... did you install any mod (not weapon mod, game mod) ?

madmaxthc
Acolyte

Post by madmaxthc » February 19th, 2016, 4:58 pm

Uh... you didn't buy by any chance weapons from Robert Bowling, did you?

Otherwise, try and start a new game, see if it keeps happening

Thanatos0042
Initiate

Post by Thanatos0042 » February 20th, 2016, 3:45 pm

I did not buy weapons from Bowling...offer seemed too good to be true.

I did discover I was NOT playing the DC version of the game and so I have started a new game in the DC version and so far, barely any weapon jams.

After I reloaded the vanilla version and verified the cache and played it a bit further, I notice the weapon jams don't occur NEARLY as often as they were.

There could have been something wrong with my vanilla version of the game, it wasn't a fresh install, it was a moved-over copy...a couple of times mind you, because I've reinstalled my OS a few times since I originally downloaded and installed it...but instead of downloading it fresh before playing, I just copied over an old backup copy.

and I'm not running any mods, except some custom portraits.