Unfinished Quests

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Excalibur_2102
Initiate

Unfinished Quests

Post by Excalibur_2102 » February 17th, 2016, 5:35 am

Hi,

I'm having a bit of an issue with some of the quests in LA with the quests themselves in the quest log but me seemingly unable to finish them because of various actions ive taken. In Rodia I cant finish Dantes quest because ive already killed the ass hole leather jerks before I spoke to him, but I also locked Beatrice in the shed. I am right in thinking I can no longer convince dante that Beatrice is bad for him?

There is also the mayors sons quest where he asked you to kill the jerks and his father, which I didn't even agree to do at the time. I kicked the jerks out but want to leave it at that, but this stuff still shows in my quest log and I cant seem to turn chris down. Then there's the denture quest in angel oracle too... I angered Mr Manners by letting the Robinsons go instead of killing them, and now hes locked me out before I can get the dentures to the old guy (sorry I cant remember his name at the moment).

I don't mind being locked out of quests, as action and consequence is the whole point of the game really, but it bugs me they are still in my quest log as I'm a bit of a completionist :p... I think I have four quests that seem like I cant finish them. Is it possible to finish these, or remove them from the log?

Ray
Scholar

Re: Unfinished Quests

Post by Ray » February 20th, 2016, 2:38 am

You need to keep Dengler alive until his final quest that leads to all the related quests becoming resolved. Sending Beatrice into the shed also resolves Virgil’s quest, that "there is no chance at convincing him of her wickedness" anymore, like mentioned in the logbook.
Starting to shoot anyone down right from start in Rodia is no good idea if you like to do quests. Making manual savegames before talking to named persons is always a good idea!
The logbook entry of Chris von Graas is annoying and the only way to remove it is to kill Chris or his father, but killing Chris (and the Jerkette) makes his father, and possibly one of your recruits, not happy. Best is not to ever talk to Chris as he is frigging useless anyway. Should he rot in his small room with the Jerkette forever!

mac10
Novice

Post by mac10 » February 22nd, 2016, 3:11 pm

about virgil's quest, you need to have the GF waiting at the shed, but not get too close to lock her inside, kill Ziegler, she runs away, virgil and dante gets back together. If you ever work for Ziegler, pete leaves you forever anytime you dismiss him, only way to keep pete if you do is having him in your party permanently.

Its also best to work all the quest at Angels, get access to Hollywood and find the bong at the shop's toaster, return to the bank manager at rodia for a +1 barter, obviously you cannot aggro the gang. The Hollywood star in the toaster from Hollywood can be used on the fence at rodia, DO NOT use it until you kill off the gang, talk to the gate guard for reward.(gang gate guard gives exp, town gate guard gives special shotgun)

concerning the execution quest line at angels: when you talk to fletcher's GF, she ask you NOT to tell kernel sanders she's seducing him due to Tori, so when you talk to him you cannot choose the seducing line, otherwise he will execute fletcher no matter what; if you tell sanders tori is plotting, he will ask you to bring her head, so best not to tell that either; once you bring fletcher back, go to sander's office for the cat litter, then interrupt the execution, you need Smartass 10 to persuade sanders to let fletcher live, fletcher and GF leave to live elsewhere.

Excalibur_2102
Initiate

Post by Excalibur_2102 » February 24th, 2016, 8:29 am

Yeah, problem was as soon as I started doing jobs for dangler pistol pete left me... Guess I shoulda left him at base. Oh well, Denglers dead now, just gonna have to leave it as it is I think.