Collection of Unique weapons and their where abouts for DC version

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Gruftlord
Explorer

Re: Collection of Unique weapons and their where abouts for DC version

Post by Gruftlord » February 27th, 2016, 2:11 am

Gruftlord wrote:is there any chance to get some confirmations on some of the more obscure weapons, now that the mod tools are out? can we take a peak if and where they are implemented with the tools? personally i'm very interested in hearing more about where (or if) to get kymri's warrior
Anyone? I fear the devs may have forgotten to actually add the uber unique pistol into the game :/

top-quark
Initiate

Post by top-quark » April 16th, 2016, 4:04 am

Two weapons that I am certain have been removed from the DC:
  • The Mailinator: you'll find a common weapon where it's supposed to be (tested with 10 Perception)
  • The Dragoon: the enemy drops nothing. I repeated that fight many times; if it's a random chance then the chance is so low that it may as well not exist. Standard anti-materiel rifle is better anyway
Weapons that I am reasonably certain have been removed from the DC:
  • The Blix: on PS4 there is no way to "manually enter text" so maybe you can get it in the PC version. Definitely not a reward for returning Red to the brig
  • The Lariat: I have handed in all possible requisition items and it has not appeared as an option

madmaxthc
Acolyte

Post by madmaxthc » April 16th, 2016, 10:57 am

Uh... I'm pretty sure the lariat is still in the game, I have it in my current playthrough, started a couple of weeks ago (DC version on PC)

jthomas
Novice

Post by jthomas » April 16th, 2016, 2:13 pm

Dragoon is definitely still there in PC version, but it did take me 30-40 reloads to get it to drop, so like you said it's very rare. Likewise, Blix and Lariat are definitely still there on the PC version. I can't say either way about PS4 though, I don't have one, perhaps they are indeed inaccessible on consoles. Mailinator, I don't know, I never bothered to try to get it.