Collection of Unique weapons and their where abouts for DC version

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

mac10
Novice

Collection of Unique weapons and their where abouts for DC version

Post by mac10 » December 5th, 2015, 7:40 pm

Brawling

Upchuckle- In Rodia sewer passage on lizard
Toxic claw- on random Mannerite encounter near Angels on their cannibal leader

Blades

Flux reaver- in Angels, in safe of the police station
Unrequited love- first you must find the quest item- computer screen in a trash bag in Darwin underground tunnel, near the beginning; then in LA you must unlock the secret shrine by applying the screen on a computer in Playa del Rey, the special crappy weapon is on a body there
This is a knife- first you must crack the toaster in raider base of canyons back in AZ for the small pocket knife; then talk to Rambeau at his gun shop in Holloywood of LA
Shu-model knife- requires 1 req pt, not recommending wasting on it, one of the 1st special items at the req quartermaster
The notch- requires 1 req pt, can't remember which exact white item you turn in to the quartermaster for it, I believe its one of the ones in Rail Nomad, either the Athelwolf utopia book or the Cd-I, which you WANT to turn it in to her rather than the gamer console guy in Rail Nomads
Face ripper- requires 1 req pt, can't remember which exact white item you turn in to the quartermaster for it, I believe its either the bushnell ocelot(in crate next to Tinker) or the turntable you get from werewolf wally, which you only can get by trading the 7' single from toaster in Ag center

Blunt weapons

Ace's wrench- on Angela Deth, you can try to let the toad takes it away to keep it for yourself as long as Angela does not pick it back up herself
Spiked bat of shame- first you must crack the toaster behind the bar in Rodia for the white item big black dildo, then trade with master sergeant in Veronica's dungeon at Hollywood, don't sleep with him until you trade or the option is gone as he is exhausted
blood staff- only attainable if you save Ag center, first you must crack the underground toaster in Ag center for the fake blood staff, then trade with the museum guy for the real one, though you need either smart ass or kiss ass level 4 to convince him
the order- on body in Damonta's gentlemen's club
the truth- requires 5 coordination and 7 strength, at fletcher's hideout in LA, there is a shipping container which you can open with a dynamite, its in a locked crate after its open

pistols

gold engraved derringer- must save Highpool and not turn it in to its owner's quest to keep it, in a safe of Highpool's underground tunnel
kymri's warrior- supposedly on Mayweather at the Bastion, random drop or maybe its a certain path of the 3 you choose
the blix- after saving ag center, while talking to mercaptain, type in ag center to unlock it, then its available for 1 req pt; after reading from another source, its available from mercaptain if you return Red's brother back to the brig.
the clipper- on Dengler's body after you kill him in Rodia
rose's thorn- on Rose if you save Ag center

shotguns

Mississippi mule- talk to guard at citadel doors in beginning of the game, try to get in but not force your way in during dialogue
the roach- require 1 req pt, not recommending spending a req pt on it, fairly sure its unlocked after saving either the Ag center or Highpool
crowd control shotgun- first you must crack the toaster(either the one behind the gun shop or inside the roach infested shop) in Hollywood for the white item Hollywood star, then patch it up right outside Rodia entrance where the vender is, then talk to the no name goodie gate guards after Dengler's death for it, you must save the mayor, if his son is in control then the jerks are still around.
Hoblet's problem solver-in Rodia, the bartender gives you after you saves the town; not sure if you have to kill all the jerks or just Dengler and his bodyguards, must save the mayor, if son is in control, the jerks are still around.
Infernator- on body of Duke schwag after you kill him in Hollywood, 2nd best shotgun to the buyable jackhammer, as it has no burst mode

SMGs

bad attitude- require 1 req pt, not sure which white item you turn in or places you saved to unlock it
HLK- in Los Feliz bar's safe, safe combination- 24278375 = chapter 5, you also get a unique scope- cappen RPCDX= +10% to hit and +2 range
Psoz mark II- requires 1 req pt, fairly sure its the other white item(CD-I or Athel wolf's Utopia) from Rail Nomad you turn in to unlock it
eviserator- best smg of the game, first you must crack the toaster in Griffith's park for the white item telescope, then trade with the old gun guy at Salt lake park
ARs

the sweetness- on body in Cerritos at LA
the Lariat- requires 1 req pt, after Damonta, not sure if its saving Damonta or the white item turn table(which only can be had from werewolf wally trading the 7" single you find in toaster saving Ag center) unlocks it
the wegman aether corruptor- requires 1 req pt, not sure which white item you turn in to unlock it or place saved
M41A- best AR or close to it, it has 1 less armor penetration than the G3 if I recall, but that can be supplemented with the armour piercing perk; in a weapon's crate at seal beach's underground facility in LA, you will need level 10 lock pick and safe to acquire the master thief perk, at which pt its only 11% to open the crate, be careful with explosives accidentally blowing up the crate

HMGs

big betty- in Damonta, you must save Maggie at the shop and trade any weapon to fix it
malinator- in Hollywood undergrounds, you must breach a wall with brute force or explosives, DO NOT push the red button at the terminal, you need perception level 10 to discover a trash bag, in it its the weapon, if you push the red button, the water it releases washes away the weapon; its also very buggy, I went in with perception 9 trying to get it and it didn't show, went back with perception 10 and it said the content has been emptied, i'd advise not to break down the wall unless you have perception 10, and maybe grab it fast before the water washes away.. either that or in the DC version the weapon was moved
the 3- first you must crack the toaster in seal beach central undergrounds for white item Dat tapes, then when you return to AZ, you can turn it in to the req quartermaster to unlock it for the final battles
Edit: my mistake, the 3 will be available from mercaptain when you return to AZ, the Dat tapes gives you 4 different comp enhance mods.

sniper rifles

Red Rider BB gun- only available by saving Highpool, first you must crack the toaster in Highpool undergrounds for the white item leg lamp, trade with the museum guy for it afterwards, not sure if there is any dialogue test you must pass
Farsight- in Atchison camp side of Rail Nomad, underneath the small bridge(just after the big one where you fight the 1st batch of rail thieves) heading toward the Atchison camp there is a dig site, you will need perception level 4 or higher
charged round sniper rifle- 1st you will need to crack the toaster right outside the Prison entrance for the white item preparation H; then during canyons when you discover the DMB base, talk to Sadler, you will need fairly high dialogue skills to uncover his pain in his ass, where he will ask you to donate the Preparation H for the sniper rifle
Sabra Marie- right outside of the radio building of you LA base, there is a crane holding up a package, you will need to free aim a shot to knock the package down for it
the dragoon- best sniper rifle in game, though it cost 8 AP, which you can supplement with deadeye perk, consumable AP bonus items and the AP bonus trinket; in seal beach, there is 2 synth arguing, not sure if the choice you make matters, either walk into the ambush or ambush the ambushers, its a random drop from the synth leader

energy weapons

final assessment- can be found on body of the tax collector after you killed him at the Prison
gamma ray blaster- best energy weapon by far, best equipped on pezepi as she already have energy weapon related perks; first you need to crack the toaster in Titan undergrounds where the fake nuke is for the white item used uranium, then turn it in to the req quartermaster, it require 1 req pt for it, which is a must
wopr blaster- at silo 7, in the safe next to the monk
xenon cannon- on Tinker's body after you killed her in Damonta
EDIT: removed the Herbicide, on my 2nd early playthrough on DC version, I saved Highpool, its available from their vendor, no unique gun should be available from a vendor in my book

rockets

rauman candle- I found this once in my very 1st play through on regular WL2 in Rodia, its in a dig site behind some mines between Dante's house and the distillery, the drop was random; unfortunately I test fired it at some jerks not realizing it was a one shot deal

please add to or correct me; there are a couple pistols, shotguns and a smg missing from my discovery

Edit: updated all the missing guns and their location, thanks all!
Last edited by mac10 on December 17th, 2015, 2:57 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Soren The Wild
Novice

Re: Collection of Unique weapons and their where abouts for DC version

Post by Soren The Wild » December 6th, 2015, 3:25 am

About the Mississippi Mule:
It doesn't cost anything and you can get it right at the beginning. Just try to get into ranger citadel before you leave for the radio Tower.(it's an ass-check).

Juris
Acolyte

Post by Juris » December 6th, 2015, 9:41 am

Danforth drops the Red Ryder Rides Again (or some similar name) - a shotgun that looks like the RR BB gun.
Last edited by Juris on December 7th, 2015, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soren The Wild
Novice

Post by Soren The Wild » December 6th, 2015, 2:22 pm

About Hoblet's problem solver, you only need to kill Dengler and his 3 friends.

jthomas
Novice

Post by jthomas » December 6th, 2015, 2:26 pm

the blix-???
Save Ag Center then talk to Mercaptin and manually type in "Ag Center" to unlock it as a req item.
crowd control shotgun-???
Fix the fence in Rodia using the Hollywood star thing, then talk to the gate guard, he'll give it to you.
HLK-???
Pretty sure I found that one in the safe in the bar at Los Feliz.
the 3
For me it was already available in the crate without turning in the Dat tape.
kymri's warrior-???
Carried by Malediction Mayweather at the Bastion of Faith, but he doesn't seem to ever drop it.

Syringe (bladed): Serket dealer in RNC. Not sure if this is still there in DC, can't remember if he still dropped it or not.

Herbicide (energy): In Ag Center basement by were you rescue Skinner.

The Obliterator (pistol): obtained by cheating ;p
Last edited by jthomas on December 6th, 2015, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 6th, 2015, 3:50 pm

Crowd control shotgun unavailable if you instead get a "reward" from Bullet Taker.

Herbicide is also available in the destroyed Ag Center.

mac10
Novice

Post by mac10 » December 6th, 2015, 8:17 pm

macksting wrote:Crowd control shotgun unavailable if you instead get a "reward" from Bullet Taker.

Herbicide is also available in the destroyed Ag Center.
so is it still the bullet taker we turn in to or the no name goodie guards after you kill Dengler?

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 6th, 2015, 8:20 pm

Talk to the no-name goodies. I talked to Bullet Taker and got no shotty.

Juris
Acolyte

Post by Juris » December 7th, 2015, 12:27 pm

Juris wrote:

Danforth drops the Red Ryder Rides Again (or some similar name) - a shotgun that looks like the RR BB gun.
Edit: Updated wrong information

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » December 7th, 2015, 1:07 pm

mac10 wrote:worp blaster- at silo 7, in the safe next to the monk
Isn't that WOPR?
Alwa nasci korliri das.

mac10
Novice

Post by mac10 » December 8th, 2015, 2:22 pm

jthomas wrote:
the blix-???
Save Ag Center then talk to Mercaptin and manually type in "Ag Center" to unlock it as a req item.
crowd control shotgun-???
Fix the fence in Rodia using the Hollywood star thing, then talk to the gate guard, he'll give it to you.
HLK-???
Pretty sure I found that one in the safe in the bar at Los Feliz.
the 3
For me it was already available in the crate without turning in the Dat tape.
kymri's warrior-???
Carried by Malediction Mayweather at the Bastion of Faith, but he doesn't seem to ever drop it.

Syringe (bladed): Serket dealer in RNC. Not sure if this is still there in DC, can't remember if he still dropped it or not.

Herbicide (energy): In Ag Center basement by were you rescue Skinner.

The Obliterator (pistol): obtained by cheating ;p
HLK safe combination?

jthomas
Novice

Post by jthomas » December 8th, 2015, 2:41 pm

mac10 wrote:
HLK safe combination?
24278375 : shorthand for "chapter 5" according to others

mac10
Novice

Post by mac10 » December 10th, 2015, 10:00 am

the HMG malinator seem to be moved or bugged on DC version, I went in looking for it at perception 9 and the trash bag didn't appear, so I loaded a save prior to breaking down the wall and went back with perception 10 and the bag is there but it said the loot is gone.

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 10th, 2015, 10:05 am

Odd. Worked fine on mine. Out of curiosity, what OS?

Juris
Acolyte

Post by Juris » December 10th, 2015, 10:48 am

Found the Mallinator yesterday so its in the DC - it's right in front of the button in the Hollywood sewer (but don't push the button first).
mac10 wrote:the HMG malinator seem to be moved or bugged on DC version, I went in looking for it at perception 9 and the trash bag didn't appear, so I loaded a save prior to breaking down the wall and went back with perception 10 and the bag is there but it said the loot is gone.

mac10
Novice

Post by mac10 » December 10th, 2015, 2:03 pm

macksting wrote:Odd. Worked fine on mine. Out of curiosity, what OS?
laptop PC, windows 10

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » December 10th, 2015, 2:09 pm

Desktop PC, Lubuntu 14.10

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » January 26th, 2016, 10:04 am

Thread necromancy:
Boy, that Mailinator is wildly inconsistent. So far, I have got it only if I, upon first entering Hollywood, go directly to the Sewers without leaving for anything come hell or high water.

Very small sample group so far, though, so I can't say with any certainty that works.

Gruftlord
Explorer

Post by Gruftlord » January 26th, 2016, 10:28 am

is there any chance to get some confirmations on some of the more obscure weapons, now that the mod tools are out? can we take a peak if and where they are implemented with the tools? personally i'm very interested in hearing more about where (or if) to get kymri's warrior

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » January 30th, 2016, 8:07 pm

Note: Nope, doesn't consistently work. If you want the Mailinator, make sure you save before you step into Hollywood. Make it an early priority, just so you don't waste a lot of time retracing your steps if it isn't there.