How to type "password" in Red's computer to disable turret in console?

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

beastguy_seri
Initiate

How to type "password" in Red's computer to disable turret in console?

Post by beastguy_seri » October 30th, 2015, 7:47 pm

It seems developer forgot to implement this feature in console version.

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Re: How to type "password" in Red's computer to disable turret in console?

Post by SagaDC » October 30th, 2015, 8:41 pm

You can't manually type words into the dialogue box on the console versions. They altered the dialogue segments where it was required, though they passed over a few of the non-essential dialogue segments that include it.

For what it's worth, none of the passwords work. You can collect up to four different passwords around The Prison, but all of them are expired. You still have to either fight your way past the turrets, or use the alternate entrance through the cave full of badgers.

The only thing using the passwords accomplishes is giving you one new dialogue option with Red - you tell him that none of the passwords worked, which prompts him to "remember" that he just changed it yesterday.

AyeBraine
Scholar

Post by AyeBraine » November 1st, 2015, 3:18 pm

I agree that this is sort of an oversight (should have just removed the text prompt), but report that I've successfully finished the game completionist-style on PC without using the text field once. Except for trying Red's passwords. That don't work.

Sabamonster
Initiate

Post by Sabamonster » December 10th, 2018, 7:52 am

None of the passwords you can 'find' will work. The actual password is Rosebud (Citadel password from Wasteland 1) It is unfortunate that they won't let you manually type in the codes on console.

Gillsing
Explorer

Post by Gillsing » December 14th, 2018, 6:09 pm

SagaDC wrote: ↑
October 30th, 2015, 8:41 pm
You can collect up to four different passwords around The Prison, but all of them are expired.
I know that the trader Fred Darvis has PREFERRED, and pig farmer William Brown has CODE, and with the Ranger team who saved Highpool I'm pretty sure I got one from Celia Caminada too, but where do you get the fourth one? PASSWORD was recognized by the game as expired, but that's just something I tried.

The team that saved Ag Center only gets a ["Damonta" was already discussed] from Celia Caminada, making me want to string her up next to George, because Damonta was never discussed with that NPC.