Where to find serum for my team?!?

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Brandonbro
Initiate

Where to find serum for my team?!?

Post by Brandonbro » October 25th, 2015, 11:30 am

Ok so I have hit a glitch; I have cleared the area in Ag centre, and than a pod hidden in the bushes exploded and got my team all infected. But all I ever heard reading the articles from the game was, once you get in to citadel you can get healed for free. So I kept on playing and got to the citadel... Well apparently you dont get healed from the pod infection......

So now my whole party has like 10 minutes and the oldest save tht I have takes them back maybe an hour before.... Which means; I am supposed to start all over from the beginning......

Is there any extra serums anywhere????

Also there is more detail for others too here; viewtopic.php?t=14293

So far I hate this, and give the game a solid zero for ruining my experience in such a way...

PizzaSHARK
Scholar

Re: Where to find serum for my team?!?

Post by PizzaSHARK » October 25th, 2015, 11:48 am

Brandonbro wrote:So far I hate this, and give the game a solid zero for ruining my experience in such a way...
Door's over there. Don't let it hit you on the way out.

Now, if you're done acting like an 8 year old pitching a temper tantrum: have you tried talking to Kathy Lawson? She's the NPC responsible for creating the cure and may be able to cure you. You'd also need to carry some serum with you to cure the three infected towns, so you should've received some vials to do that with - have you checked all of your characters' inventories to ensure none of them are carrying any?

Brandonbro
Initiate

Post by Brandonbro » October 25th, 2015, 12:38 pm

Wow, such a great attitude towards a gamer that is frustrated from a terrible game breaking glitch! Way to go buds...

Yeah I did all that, this is a glitch apprently that renders you f'ed up pretty much, and need you to start over. No way to save the team... Since I have used the ag centre serum on well ag centre and than thinking it will work in the next infected town. Nope! so now I am left with 2 serums and a party of 7 infected :) great game.

PizzaSHARK
Scholar

Post by PizzaSHARK » October 25th, 2015, 3:23 pm

Brandonbro wrote:Wow, such a great attitude towards a gamer that is frustrated from a terrible game breaking glitch! Way to go buds...

Yeah I did all that, this is a glitch apprently that renders you f'ed up pretty much, and need you to start over. No way to save the team... Since I have used the ag centre serum on well ag centre and than thinking it will work in the next infected town. Nope! so now I am left with 2 serums and a party of 7 infected :) great game.
You're the one with the shitty attitude. What do you expect when you walk into a place and the first and only thing out of your mouth is complaining and ranting?

When you put the serum in the irrigation tanks, the pods don't explode anymore, they just pop and die harmlessly - even if your dudes are standing next to them, they won't get infected. This applies to all of the pods in all areas of Ag Center.

You encountered a bug. Bugs happen, especially on a game that launched less than a week ago. It takes less than 30 minutes to clear Ag Center once you know the way through, and maybe 90 minutes to go from the start of the game to clearing Ag Center.

Yes, it sucks that you ran into a bug that you don't seem to have any way of getting around. Reporting it is useful and the dev team will look into it and find a way to fix it. But ranting at people and whining and carrying on like a kid that dropped their ice cream cone ain't gonna do you any favors. It doesn't take long to restart and get back to where you were, now that you know the way to go.

Brandonbro
Initiate

Post by Brandonbro » October 25th, 2015, 4:06 pm

I am a completionist that go around collecting adn exploring and that is how I like to play a, well guess what, a wasteland open world exploration game... So pardon me if my unpleasant comments about a very damaging and game breaking bug is annoying you bro... It is not a childish to complain about something that breaks your whole experience and kills the immersion. I am not playing this game as a free gift from exile you know, so as a customer I have all the right to complain...

Anyhow, you are trying to be helpful in your own way so cheers. But in the end of the day, slow down on the entitlement handing to the devs, and stop making less of a giant glitch in the game...

Not knowing that this was an actual problem I continued playing another 4 hours, and before arriving to Ag centre I already clocked in another 1.5 hours exploring different areas. Add ib going around the Ag centre too; So guess what; I am in for a good 7 hours of gameplay... And characters leveled at 9-10 ... If that is not a problem in your life than good for you brother, not my case.

PiPboy
Explorer

Post by PiPboy » October 25th, 2015, 4:22 pm

Unfortunately its a bug and there is not much which can be done about it.
If it was only 3 people you would have been able to get by - but all 4 there isn't any hope.

Though you don't need to go back 1 hour.
You can go to your save file and open individual character using notepad - and remove the pod infection manually.
Unless you're on console - then your just screwed.
DC stands for Definitive Console Edition - Directors Cut was a misnomer.
My Silent protest to PC Unfriendly UI changes.

Vendyn
Initiate

Post by Vendyn » March 17th, 2018, 1:28 am

Guys, it's not a bug! You can cure your whole team with one and have enough for the remaining infection missions. This game was developed by the creators of the original fallout series, Baldurs gate among others and a revisit to an older style of gaming/gameplay/storytelling that doesn't try to wrap every quest and storyline up in nice little bow for you...it is designed to be a role playing experience where your decisions matter and failure is an option. The game has quests that you can fail or leave unfinished, not because it is glitchy but rather because resources (and happy endings) are finite in this dying world. The game isn't glitched... you used up the serum quest items on yourself and party rather than seeing it out to its resolution and hopefully learned an important lesson about the game world, that not every resource is in infinite supply and our seemingly meaningless decisions may have unforeseen consequences.

My advice is to play through with all your mistakes and failures and push on through to the end. Everyone enjoys games differently but I would say if you would like to get the best experience from this game, then just play it without the safety net and accept that its ok to make mistakes. I guarantee you will have more fun when you try and role-play the characters within the world rather than try and tick off digital achievements.

Gillsing
Scholar

Post by Gillsing » March 17th, 2018, 6:58 am

OP might not have encountered this bug, but probably did. You see, one pod in the overgrown machine hall down in the basement can explode even after the irrigation systems have been shut down, and the cure has been put inside the fertilizer system (at which point all infected Rangers are cured). Any Rangers infected after the cure goes into the fertilizing system can only be cured by using one of the individual doses of the cure, and after the three infected locations outside of the Ag Center there should only be one dose left. So if more than one Ranger is infected after Ag Center is saved, there might not be enough cures to save all Rangers, and the game offers no further cures, since no one should have been able to get infected after Ag Center was saved. Which means that those Rangers will die because the player didn't choose to reload the last save before the Rangers got infected. When that pod had the audacity to explode on my Rangers, I made sure to reload, because that will not stand!

Save often! Even says so in a loading tip. And keep a lot of manual saves to make sure that you can always fall back to a save where things haven't gone intolerably wrong. That is the way to play Wasteland 2. Safety net first! Save at the start of every location, go wild, and then replay it in 'serious mode'. And never delete that fresh save for the location.