Zombra's Perk Pageant (with Optional Dissection and Suggestions)

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Juris
Acolyte

Re: Zombra's Perk Pageant (with Optional Dissection and Suggestions)

Post by Juris » January 7th, 2016, 10:53 am

That's pretty much the first thing most people do (unless you plan to use heavy armor) ;)
NickAragua wrote:
There was only one time I put points into skills just so I could get the perk was near the end game, when, between the various skill books and trinkets, I'd boosted all my party members primary skills to ten and was awash in skill points (I think we wound up hitting level 40 or so). At that point, I spent the 4 skill points to give everyone two pips in weaponsmithing and took the Tinkerer perk, because that extra AP is *superb*, especially for a sniper using an AP cost 7 rifle.

NickAragua
Novice

Post by NickAragua » January 7th, 2016, 11:43 am

Juris wrote:That's pretty much the first thing most people do (unless you plan to use heavy armor) ;)
That's a very good point, but I only realized it once I finished my minotaur charge to maximizing my characters' "targeted for maximization" skills. :)

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » January 7th, 2016, 12:38 pm

Personally, I'm having a lot of fun with a high strength, high speed brawler with Applied Force, Bloodthirsty, Charge!, Rush 'N Attack, and Free-For-All. It's obviously a lot of perks, but she can cross the map on the first round, kill a specific opponent, and find cover; or, if the opponents are poorly armored, cross the map and kill half the enemy party by herself.

Ray
Scholar

Post by Ray » February 21st, 2016, 10:59 am

As all money/scrap-related perks easily ruin the economy, I hang around with over 30k scrap in L.A., but often short on 7.62mm ammo thanks to a minigun. I wondered how useful the Powder Packer perk is on several characters, so I've edited the characters to check it out.
The +10% chance of finding bonus Ammo when looting (party-wide) doesn't normally stack together for a higher chance, but looks like it rather gives you several 10% chances to add extra rounds to found ammo piles. I haven't managed yet to trigger the perk thrice, but least twice so far, what shows my screenshots below:

http://picload.org/image/wcggrdg/wl2-powderpacker.jpg

In that crate, you tend to normally find about 6 rounds of ammo, so it's a pretty boost. I think I'm sold on that perk, as I slowly run out of useful perks after level 35.