Mounting repeater help please

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

stpatrick1019
Initiate

Mounting repeater help please

Post by stpatrick1019 » January 15th, 2015, 2:54 am

I have been frustrated for hours and would really appreciate any help on figuring out what I need to do to progress the game. I did the following in this order...

1)Save Highpool
2)Clear out AG Center (destroyed). I removed something (cant remember what) from the radio control that's next to the overgrown satellite dish inside the AG Center lab
3)Get repeater units from the radio tower (near Ace's body)
4)Install repeater in Highpool's radio tower control

And now I can't figure out what to do next or where to place the second repeater unit. There's nowhere in the AG Center for it. I read somewhere that I'm supposed to go to the prison next but it's not showing on my map. I looked at an image of the map online and saw where the prison is. My character is standing on that spot in-game, but there's no prison or black "X" anywhere around!

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Re: Mounting repeater help please

Post by SagaDC » January 15th, 2015, 4:26 pm

At the Ag Center, you need to go into the greenhouse area and find the vine-covered satellite dish. When you get near it, you'll see a control console. If you click on that to interact with it, you'll automatically radio back to Ranger HQ to report that the radio tower at Ag Center is destroyed, and they'll give you a new goal to investigate rumors of a town to the east of the Prison. At that point, the Prison will be marked on your map.

stpatrick1019
Initiate

Post by stpatrick1019 » January 15th, 2015, 5:40 pm

[quote="SagaDC"]At the Ag Center, you need to go into the greenhouse area and find the vine-covered satellite dish. When you get near it, you'll see a control console. If you click on that to interact with it, you'll automatically radio back to Ranger HQ to report that the radio tower at Ag Center is destroyed, and they'll give you a new goal to investigate rumors of a town to the east of the Prison. At that point, the Prison will be marked on your map.[/quote

When I go to the AG center now, that console does not become highlighted when I scroll over it. I can't interact with it at all. Thinking back to when I was at the AG Center, I'm positive I interacted with the console at one point. I can't remember if there was a radio conversation or not. But in any case, seems like maybe a bug? Since I did the AG Center before placing the first repeater unit in Highpool?

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » January 15th, 2015, 7:12 pm

It's possible, but I think I've successfully continued the quest even when visiting the destroyed location before remembering to go back to the saved location to connect the repeater. Of course, that was probably during the beta, so things may have changed since then.

It may seem like a silly question, but what does your journal say to do? Are you sure you remembered to use the repeater device on the crane/antenna in Highpool?

stpatrick1019
Initiate

Post by stpatrick1019 » January 15th, 2015, 9:15 pm

Ok, I figured it out...and I feel like a dummy! Initially, I put the repeater on the Highpool control and THEN turned the power to the control on. But it appears as though I was supposed to do it in the reverse order. Nevertheless, I got it working. Thanks a ton for your help!

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » January 16th, 2015, 11:04 am

Ha ha, no problem. Just glad it all worked out. :)