Possible to play with no followers?

Check here to discuss Wasteland 2 gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

LAA_-UmiSho-_XoX
Initiate

Possible to play with no followers?

Post by LAA_-UmiSho-_XoX » April 5th, 2017, 1:24 pm

Hey guys, just started this game on PS4 DC edition.

So far I haven't brought any followers along with me. Is it possible to complete the game without them or will the game get too difficult?

I'm on seasoned difficulty by the way.

I just haven't found any I like.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Re: Possible to play with no followers?

Post by Gizmo » April 5th, 2017, 2:07 pm

Dead PCs probably make it rather bland combat later on, without followers.

LAA_-UmiSho-_XoX
Initiate

Post by LAA_-UmiSho-_XoX » April 5th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Gizmo wrote:
April 5th, 2017, 2:07 pm
Dead PCs probably make it rather bland combat later on, without followers.
Dead PC's? And I just took out the Railway Thieves no problem. Biggest problem I've encountered so far was the exploding dude at AG Center. Even then, I have two surgeons so I was fine.

The only thing I'm thinking about is whether or not I should be leveling up followers or not.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » April 6th, 2017, 5:19 pm

You can definitely do it, though the game isn't really balanced for it, especially at higher difficulties. More party members = more damage output, and the damage you receive is spread across more characters. I've finished normal difficulty with a party of 4, but it was tough going, especially towards the end.

LAA_-UmiSho-_XoX
Initiate

Post by LAA_-UmiSho-_XoX » April 6th, 2017, 10:42 pm

sear wrote:
April 6th, 2017, 5:19 pm
You can definitely do it, though the game isn't really balanced for it, especially at higher difficulties. More party members = more damage output, and the damage you receive is spread across more characters. I've finished normal difficulty with a party of 4, but it was tough going, especially towards the end.
Thanks! Awesome! Perfect answer, what I was looking for and was worried about. I'll recruit someone and start leveling them now. Appreciate it! You rock!

EDIT: Picked up Ralph this morning. Gonna tell the kid to hang out in the back and level up. Thinking of turning him into my heavy weapons expert. We'll make a ranger out of him yet!

Harpagornis
Scholar

Post by Harpagornis » April 12th, 2017, 10:56 am

There are several guides here on the forum - why is no one mentioning them? :D

To make it short: There are different ways to beat the game with a Solo Ranger even at Supreme Jerk Difficulty. Be it as a Tank-Monster, as a Fast-as-Light-Ninja, as a Hawk-Eye-Sniper or as a naked I-kill-you-all-with-my-Unlucky-Lightning-Strikes Level 1 Ranger. Even playing it in a peaceful manner is possible as i showed on my Minimal-Kill-Solo-Run! ;)

LAA_-UmiSho-_XoX
Initiate

Post by LAA_-UmiSho-_XoX » April 13th, 2017, 9:59 am

Harpagornis wrote:
April 12th, 2017, 10:56 am
There are several guides here on the forum - why is no one mentioning them? :D

To make it short: There are different ways to beat the game with a Solo Ranger even at Supreme Jerk Difficulty. Be it as a Tank-Monster, as a Fast-as-Light-Ninja, as a Hawk-Eye-Sniper or as a naked I-kill-you-all-with-my-Unlucky-Lightning-Strikes Level 1 Ranger. Even playing it in a peaceful manner is possible as i showed on my Minimal-Kill-Solo-Run! ;)
Cool! Which board would I find those in?

LAA_-UmiSho-_XoX
Initiate

Post by LAA_-UmiSho-_XoX » April 13th, 2017, 12:17 pm