Fan Art Music

Community created content (fanart, fanfictions) for Torment: Tides of Numenera (Numenera art/fiction also welcome).

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Niarei
Initiate

Fan Art Music

Post by Niarei » April 22nd, 2014, 11:50 am

Hello! I've made this: https://soundcloud.com/consona-adversa- ... -dimension
ambient soundtrack for the Crystalline Dimension inspired by this great artwork by Andree Wallin:

I hope it captures that You are just a traveller venturing through the crystalline dimension while sun is rising among the clouds of this alien world sort of experience... Image

Enjoy and thank you for listening! Image

Montgomery Markland
Acolyte

Re: Fan Art Music

Post by Montgomery Markland » April 25th, 2014, 9:29 am

This is awesome. We've been listening to it at the studio.

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » April 26th, 2014, 10:04 pm

Holy moley this is great! I love this type of ambient music, and it sounds perfect. They should use this in Torment.
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » April 26th, 2014, 11:50 pm

Crosmando wrote:Holy moley this is great! I love this type of ambient music, and it sounds perfect. They should use this in Torment.
Fully agreed, this is great. Makes me want to dig out my Axiom Ambient disc.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » April 27th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Great stuff Niarei!
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Niarei
Initiate

Post by Niarei » April 28th, 2014, 1:07 am

Wow, thank you very much guys for your appreciation and kind words! Image

Montgomery Markland wrote:We've been listening to it at the studio.
That's terrific! Image

All the concept arts from T:ToN are so evocative I hear music in my head instantly when I watch them. Artists who work on Tides of Numenera are so talented. It is really exciting making soundscapes for those otherworldly places.

The reason I like Torment games is the intriguing questions they ask, those interesting characters and strange worlds. They are like visually impressive interactive books. I don't play games so much now but I'm really looking forward to new Torment and Mark Morgan's OST. His soundtrack for the first Torment was fantastic.

Keep up the great work inXile! Image

Niarei
Initiate

Post by Niarei » May 13th, 2014, 8:28 am

Pumped by your overwhelmingly positive reception I've made another piece. Image

Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/consona-adversa- ... in-the-sky

This time inspired by "Before the Fall", which is another amazing concept art by Andree Wallin.

It's called "Ancient Machinery in the Sky". And it sounds somewhat sinister with touches of cosmic beauty. I imagined this strange huge space vessel filled with an eerie alien-like machinery that orbits the Earth. Odd inside yet looking through those windows you can still see the splendour of outer space and magnificence of our home planet.

Hope you like it and thank you for listening! Image

Niarei
Initiate

Post by Niarei » July 3rd, 2014, 5:06 am

Hi guys. I've made another piece. Image This time it was inspired by ChangYuan’s great artwork called "Sojourner of Worlds"

I've named it "Roaming the Bloom" and it is just about walking the streets of this weird city.

Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/consona-adversa- ... -the-bloom

Hope you like it. Cheers! Image

Johnston
Initiate

Post by Johnston » February 23rd, 2015, 11:41 pm

You have done it, awesome...!!!

Michikawa
Initiate

Post by Michikawa » April 16th, 2015, 6:05 am

Beautiful tunes! Thank you <3

RadonGOG
Scholar

Post by RadonGOG » May 4th, 2015, 3:15 pm

Enjoyed these tunes, very suiting! Anyways, I hope for an even harder strike by Mr. Morgan! :D

Niarei
Initiate

Post by Niarei » July 8th, 2015, 8:41 am

Thank you very much!

I've started to work on some other pieces but I feel I really need to work on my mixing skills, compared to Mr. Morgan's soundtracks for TToN or WL2 my mixes sound like *insert appropriate vulgar term here*. Image

But I have to say, those TToN videos on Inxile YT channel are so damn inspiring! Love the atmosphere of TToN Inxile created, just fabulous job!
RadonGOG wrote:Anyways, I hope for an even harder strike by Mr. Morgan! :D
I believe Mr. Morgan's soundtrack will be great. His work for original Torment is definitely amongst the best game soundtracks I've ever heard. Image

vv221
Forum Moderator

Post by vv221 » July 8th, 2015, 4:27 pm

Niarei wrote:I believe Mr. Morgan's soundtrack will be great. His work for original Torment is definitely amongst the best game soundtracks I've ever heard. Image
I loved in the original Torment the way Mark Morgan built the soundtrack as some ever-evolving single theme. It helped to set the mood *a lot*! Actually I can’t think of The Nameless One nor Sigil without having some variation of this theme popping in my head.
I hope he will keep at least part of this idea for T:ToN, instead of going for a more "classical" soundtrack with more themes and fewer connections between them.

Sable Phoenix
Initiate

Post by Sable Phoenix » January 21st, 2016, 12:23 pm

I absolutely love Roaming The Bloom. It sounds like it could've come straight out of Sigil. Not only does it really capture that Tormenty feel, but it's a fantastic composition in its own right.

Niarei
Initiate

Post by Niarei » February 1st, 2016, 1:47 pm

Sable Phoenix wrote:I absolutely love Roaming The Bloom. It sounds like it could've come straight out of Sigil. Not only does it really capture that Tormenty feel, but it's a fantastic composition in its own right.
Thank you very much for kind words! Image

Yea, it feels really Sigil-ish (although I used some synth sounds to make it sound more like from the Numenera universe). But it seems I should make some fan music for Planescape instead. Image

Thank you all guys for listening! And cheers to the developers, cannot wait for the game!

Have a good one. ;)

andrea202
Initiate

Post by andrea202 » January 25th, 2017, 1:04 pm

Crosmando wrote:Holy moley this is great! I love this type cdg Airport transfer of ambient music, and it sounds perfect. They should use this in Torment.
Hello,
I too am a fan!
I really like a lot and I listen to it from time to time!