TidesLoader v1.0.1.3, Mod Loader and Console + example mods

Community created content (fanart, fanfictions) for Torment: Tides of Numenera (Numenera art/fiction also welcome).

Moderator: Memovira Goons

TCQ
Initiate

TidesLoader v1.0.1.3, Mod Loader and Console + example mods

Post by TCQ » March 11th, 2017, 12:55 pm

TidesLoader v1.0.1.3 for Torment: Tides of Numenara v1.0.1 (and only v1.0.1)

Download TidesLoader, additional mods, and example projects from ModDB

You can now make real gameplay modifications for Torment: Tides of Numenera.
Last edited by TCQ on March 12th, 2017, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Corylea
Initiate

Re: TidesLoader v1.0.1, Mod Loader and Console + example cheat mod

Post by Corylea » March 11th, 2017, 8:16 pm

Very cool! Thanks for adding the ability to mod the game.

Edited to Add: But it doesn't work for me. I'm playing the GOG version under Win 8, and I have the game installed on a different hard drive (not my C drive). Which of these makes this mod not work for me?
Last edited by Corylea on March 14th, 2017, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuAside
Global Moderator
Location: MaxiMegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Suprisingly Obvious

Post by SuAside » March 12th, 2017, 10:05 am

Nice work. Now that a lot of people have finished their first playthrough(s) I guess more people will want to tinker with the game and see what makes it tick.

Have you found anything that really breaks the game? I notice that your edge & stats are not limited to normal game maximums. Does setting them higher break saves, prevents you from properly leveling, etc?
"Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of touching a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it."

TCQ
Initiate

Post by TCQ » March 12th, 2017, 10:30 am

Yeah, you can get stuck during level-up if you already have maxed skills or no available abilities. That's why "buttons" and "anyadv" were put into TidesLoaderCheats, just to see how far it could go.

Firkraag
Adventurer

Re: TidesLoader v1.0.1.3, Mod Loader and Console + example mods

Post by Firkraag » March 12th, 2017, 1:26 pm

Great! Though, one game I had sworn not to cheat with. :)
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

TCQ
Initiate

Post by TCQ » March 12th, 2017, 5:38 pm

The cheating is just something semi-useful to experiment with. It's an optional component.

The TidesLoaderSounds project is focusing on stopping sounds right now... like annoying looping effects, like inspiring presence.

Future mods should be able to add new conversations, new assets, textures, models, sound banks, etc., and register them correctly.

XeidiDent
Initiate

Post by XeidiDent » March 13th, 2017, 4:50 am

Does it work with the GOG version? I've already extracted the folders to the game installation folder but the console doesn't show up when I hover over the top-left corner of the screen.

I really need to stop that "Inspiring Presence" sound.

Corylea
Initiate

Post by Corylea » March 13th, 2017, 8:32 am

XeidiDent wrote:Does it work with the GOG version? I've already extracted the folders to the game installation folder but the console doesn't show up when I hover over the top-left corner of the screen.
I'm playing the GOG version on Windows 8, and it did NOT work for me. The game crashed to the desktop as soon as a saved game was loaded with this mod installed. Once I took the mod out, my game worked fine again.

XeidiDent
Initiate

Post by XeidiDent » March 13th, 2017, 9:46 am

Corylea wrote:
XeidiDent wrote:Does it work with the GOG version? I've already extracted the folders to the game installation folder but the console doesn't show up when I hover over the top-left corner of the screen.
I'm playing the GOG version on Windows 8, and it did NOT work for me. The game crashed to the desktop as soon as a saved game was loaded with this mod installed. Once I took the mod out, my game worked fine again.
Oh no... that's bad. I thought that I finally would be able to get rid of that awful noise.

SuAside
Global Moderator
Location: MaxiMegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Suprisingly Obvious

Post by SuAside » March 28th, 2017, 11:19 am

For those still curious about this: this mod stopped functioning with the most recent patch. Don't know if the creator will update it or not.
"Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of touching a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it."