Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Community created content (fanart, fanfictions) for Torment: Tides of Numenera (Numenera art/fiction also welcome).

Moderator: Memovira Goons

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by Sithwist » June 20th, 2016, 1:46 pm

Inspired by @anonymous6059, I made a few wallpapers with the T:ToN tattoo. Hope you guys like 'em. (For some reason images don't show up when I post them, so if you can't see them, just follow the link.) All the wallpapers are 2560x1440, which should satisfy everybody, I hope. This little project was fun, might make some more in the future.

Minimalist wallpaper
Image
Download: Link
Circuitboard wallpapers
Image
Download: Link
Image
Download: Link

Metal wallpapers
Image
Download: With Logo | No Logo

Image
Download: White Logo | Embossed Logo | No Logo

Image
Download: With Logo | No Logo

Paper wallpapers
Image
Download: With Logo | No Logo

Image
Download: Logo | No Logo

And here are some *.png files in case anyone is interested in making some more:
Tracing of the Castoff Tattoo
T:ToN logo colored
T:ToN logo white
I can't find any bigger T:ToN logos with transparent backgrounds so I used what I could find. I'm not about to retrace it, took long enough doing the tattoo! If anyone finds or makes a better version, please post it here ;)
Last edited by Sithwist on June 20th, 2016, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by anonymous6059 » June 20th, 2016, 1:51 pm

Sithwist wrote:Inspired by @anonymous6059, I made a few wallpapers with the T:ToN tattoo.
It's like xmas in June! Having the Pictures show up in the thread works if you insert https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/ it the front of the image. Not sure why or how, I figured it out thanks to Cyseal's post.
Last edited by anonymous6059 on June 20th, 2016, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by Sithwist » June 20th, 2016, 1:51 pm

Oh, I forgot one.
Maze wallpaper
Image
Download: With Logo | No Logo
Last edited by Sithwist on June 20th, 2016, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by anonymous6059 » June 20th, 2016, 1:53 pm

Seriously pro man!!! Whoa, I will be using these for a long long time. You sir rock!
::gives standing ovation for outstanding awesomeness::
Last edited by anonymous6059 on June 20th, 2016, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by Sithwist » June 20th, 2016, 1:55 pm

anonymous6059 wrote:
Sithwist wrote:Inspired by @anonymous6059, I made a few wallpapers with the T:ToN tattoo.
It's like xmas in June! Having the Pictures show up in the thread works if you insert https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/ it the front of the image. Not sure why or how, I figured it out thanks to Cyseal's post.
Aaaah, ok, I'll fix that.
anonymous6059 wrote:Seriously pro man!!! Whoa, I will be using these for a long long time. You sir rock!
You're welcome. If you have any more ideas, feel free to post them, I'll do it if I have some time :)
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by anonymous6059 » June 20th, 2016, 2:09 pm

Sithwist wrote:
anonymous6059 wrote:
Sithwist wrote:Inspired by @anonymous6059, I made a few wallpapers with the T:ToN tattoo.
It's like xmas in June! Having the Pictures show up in the thread works if you insert https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/ it the front of the image. Not sure why or how, I figured it out thanks to Cyseal's post.
Aaaah, ok, I'll fix that.
anonymous6059 wrote:Seriously pro man!!! Whoa, I will be using these for a long long time. You sir rock!
You're welcome. If you have any more ideas, feel free to post them, I'll do it if I have some time :)
I'm kind of experiencing an overload of stimuli from the unprecedented level of professional work you've done. All I could suggest is to let those creative juices flow anytime you feel like it. Flesh, blood, metal, depth, perhaps reversed or varying colors are all welcome additions, but honestly I have already found a few that you made that I will be using for quite sometime. Really loving the Maze, Paper 2, and steel 2. Think paper 2 is my favorite flavor today. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for any work you do. Not even sure the developers can out preform some of these.

I know I shouldn't push my luck but I do have one suggestion that would be neat to see. I was playing around with finding away to backlight? the tattoo with the 5 tide colors Blue, Gold, Indigo, Red, and Silver. Honestly, not sure if this can be pulled off and look good. It's just something that I think would be most appropriate and thematic. Plus, who doesn't like dark side of the moon? Here is a concept art for inspiration.

Image Btw developers you need to push this kind of design seriously.

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by Sithwist » June 20th, 2016, 2:31 pm

anonymous6059 wrote:
I'm kind of experiencing an overload of stimuli from the unprecedented level of professional work you've done. [...] Not even sure the developers can out preform some of these.
I really can't take that much credit, I just cobbled this stuff together from various textures and existing wallpapers that I found through google, that I slightly modified and slapped the tattoo on... It's not that hard ;P

I like you're tides idea, I'll see if I can wrangle that into something cool-looking. I like the flesh idea too, I'll try to see if I can figure out a way to do that, since "flesh/skin/guts/tendon wallpapers/textures" are hard to come by ready-made... Also, the NSA might flag me as a wannabe serial-killer-turned-cannibal googling stuff like that XD
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

User avatar
sear
Developer
Posts: 2495
Joined: March 21st, 2012, 8:30 am

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by sear » June 20th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Nice! Some of those are super cool. :D I love the maze version especially.

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by Sithwist » June 21st, 2016, 1:44 pm

sear wrote:Nice! Some of those are super cool. :D I love the maze version especially.
Glad you like them ;)
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by Sithwist » June 21st, 2016, 1:53 pm

Here's a first attempt at fire.
Image
Links: Logo | No Logo

Image
Links: Logo | No Logo
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by anonymous6059 » June 21st, 2016, 2:23 pm

Sithwist wrote:Here's a first attempt at fire.
First know that I haven't the slightest clue how you're doing this and therefore my criticisms might be unqualified. I think that both flame patterns look good. The nice 3D beveled look you gave the Tattoo also looks really really good. I would say that I feel something is missing here though. Maybe its that the flame isn't covering the entire Tattoo? Maybe its that the Tattoo is hard to see and appreciate properly? Would you maybe outline the edges some, perhaps that would make the pattern easier to see. Is it possible to have the Tattoo layered on top of the flames? Possibly with the flames seeping through the tattoo cracks. Also giving it a red hot ember look would be interesting.... Um, maybe the flames sort of bursting out from the center and engulfing it... Just some ideas.

Know you've already surpassed anything I could ever hope to make. I'm just trying to give useful feedback. Know that you're really getting close to making something I couldn't differentiate from a professional wallpaper. I feel kind of lame for criticizing, but I really feel like you are so close to making seriously memorable wallpapers. I just wish I could contribute more. I'll see if I can't make some ugly concept versions of some stuff in a day or two.

I got a good idea!!! How about trying to reproduce the purple flame like pattern from the beta start up screen? I'll go in and take a screenshot and link it below.

Image
This sort of smoke like pattern would be very faithful to TToN

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by Sithwist » June 22nd, 2016, 8:04 am

anonymous6059 wrote: First know that I haven't the slightest clue how you're doing this and therefore my criticisms might be unqualified.
You kidding? It's not because you don't know how to do something that you don't have eyes, and therefore not qualified to criticize. :P I'm happy to hear your thoughts.
anonymous6059 wrote:I think that both flame patterns look good. The nice 3D beveled look you gave the Tattoo also looks really really good. I would say that I feel something is missing here though. Maybe its that the flame isn't covering the entire Tattoo? Maybe its that the Tattoo is hard to see and appreciate properly? Would you maybe outline the edges some, perhaps that would make the pattern easier to see. Is it possible to have the Tattoo layered on top of the flames? Possibly with the flames seeping through the tattoo cracks. Also giving it a red hot ember look would be interesting.... Um, maybe the flames sort of bursting out from the center and engulfing it... Just some ideas.
Yeah, I thought that something wasn't quite right too. I tried doing flames seeping through the cracks, or an ember look but it kinda failed miserably so I gave up. Maybe I'll give it another go sometime with more patience.
anonymous6059 wrote: I'll see if I can't make some ugly concept versions of some stuff in a day or two.
I'll be happy to see it! Who knows, they might turn out nice. I really liked your first version of the tattoo btw :
Image
Looks very tribal, or like it was calligraphied. And I have no idea how you managed to get so close by just looking at various sources and trying to reproduce it. I could never do that... So don't sell yourself short, I'm sure you can do some amazing things :D
anonymous6059 wrote:I got a good idea!!! How about trying to reproduce the purple flame like pattern from the beta start up screen?
I thought of that too, after I made the flames purple for the blueshifted version. I'll see what I can do. I don't know if that flame shape would look very good with the tattoo though, since the tattoo isn't thin and elongated like the logo, but I can try and see what happens.
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by anonymous6059 » June 22nd, 2016, 9:58 am

Sithwist wrote: I'll be happy to see it! Who knows, they might turn out nice.
Well, if you insist I might as well give it a shot. Here is my first attempt at swirly patterns. Psssstt, I just learned how to use layers in gimp btw so yeah.... being educated by youtube. ;) Anyway, this is what I was getting at when I spoke of the white purple cloud pattern. Now I just need to figure out how to make the Tattoo look a little more 3D looking and It might look half decent. However, I kind like the more clear look of the Tattoo in general. Hope to find a way to add an electrical pattern to backlight the pattern so its easier to see the grooves and ridges of the tattoo.
Image

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by Sithwist » June 22nd, 2016, 10:21 am

anonymous6059 wrote: Well, if you insist I might as well give it a shot. Here is my first attempt at swirly patterns. Psssstt, I just learned how to use layers in gimp btw so yeah.... being educated by youtube. ;) Anyway, this is what I was getting at when I spoke of the white purple cloud pattern. Now I just need to figure out how to make the Tattoo look a little more 3D looking and It might look half decent. However, I kind like the more clear look of the Tattoo in general. Hope to find a way to add an electrical pattern to backlight the pattern so its easier to see the grooves and ridges of the tattoo.
See?? You can do it. This looks like a great start! I actually like that transparency on the tattoo and it's 'shadow'. Kid of psychedelic. In a good way :)
I use Photoshop, so I can't really advise you, but yeah, tutorials are the best bet. I think stuff like bevel and emboss is under the 'filters' menu in Gimp, if you mess around with those you might get what you're looking for.
Now that you know about layers, for the lightning you can get a 'cracked earth' texture off google, desaturate it, increase the contrast, turn the cracks white, select them and copy them to a new layer above the background and beneath the tattoo, then add a little bit of a glow and you'll get something that looks a lot like lightning.
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by anonymous6059 » June 22nd, 2016, 11:36 am

Inxile even went through the trouble of showing off your fan art Sithwist. https://www.facebook.com/Torment.inXile ... 0985755422

Now if we can just get them to host a competition we might see just how good you can be.
I also need a good reason to try and see if I can learn how to be #1 Fan Art Nerd. 8-)

To Inxile: Pretty please give us the honor of a official contest. You can plaster it all over your twitter, facebook, and other media sites. It doesn't have to be for much. Maybe a free digital copy of the game and a Tshirt or poster. You could then take in all the free artwork and use it for.... something. Hell, even if you can't really find a use for any of it you could make us feel special. Also, I'm pretty sure you'd snag a few sales in the process covering any costs or time you have to expend arranging it. Please! :(

I got it! How about if you were to do like a Facebook like contest? You guys select certain Fanart and post it to Facebook and then whoever get the most likes wins... I've got a ton of Facebook friends... ;)

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by Sithwist » June 22nd, 2016, 2:38 pm

anonymous6059 wrote: I got it! How about if you were to do like a Facebook like contest? You guys select certain Fanart and post it to Facebook and then whoever get the most likes wins... I've got a ton of Facebook friends... ;)
Urgh, then I'd have to get on Facebook :/
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by Sithwist » June 22nd, 2016, 2:55 pm

I think you devs should totally have this on a gold chain, with matching grills, rings and backwards baseball caps and act like the superstars that you are. Just sayin'. ;)

Bling bling
Image
Download: Logo | No Logo

Torment: Tides of Numenera: The Disney Movie (aka T:ToN:TDM), anyone? :P
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by anonymous6059 » June 22nd, 2016, 3:55 pm

Sithwist wrote:I think you devs should totally have this on a gold chain, with matching grills, rings and backwards baseball caps and act like the superstars that you are. Just sayin'. ;)
Bling bling
I was literally blown away when I first saw this one. You really are making leaps and bounds here.
Although, in order to be "Bling bling" I do believe sir the center deserves a rather large Diamond. ;)
Possibly a Platinum pattern inter-weaved with the solid gold?
Tide Gemstones embedded in gold is always a nice touch, but nothing says Bling bling like a diamond.
I'll just leave this here.
Image
Image

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by Sithwist » June 23rd, 2016, 7:09 am

anonymous6059 wrote: I was literally blown away when I first saw this one. You really are making leaps and bounds here.
Although, in order to be "Bling bling" I do believe sir the center deserves a rather large Diamond. ;)
Possibly a Platinum pattern inter-weaved with the solid gold?
Tide Gemstones embedded in gold is always a nice touch, but nothing says Bling bling like a diamond.
I'll just leave this here.
Oh. My. God. How could I have missed that? You sir, are a genius. I'll be back forthwith.
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Post by Sithwist » June 23rd, 2016, 7:35 am

The Real Bling Bling (or, not that puny cheap made-in-china thing up there)
Image
Download: Logo | No Logo

The diamond in the center should change color depending on Tide attunement, btw. Kinda like a mood ring. But infinitely better.
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest