Fan art of Ninth world

Community created content (fanart, fanfictions) for Torment: Tides of Numenera (Numenera art/fiction also welcome).

Moderator: Memovira Goons

tonurics
Explorer
Posts: 404
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Fanart of Ninth world

Post by tonurics » June 8th, 2016, 8:37 pm

anonymous6059 wrote:Been going around all day saying that a developer personally made these just for me. Shhhhhh no one has to know better. ;)
Hey, it only happened because you asked. ;)

The torment symbol that you guys are trying to recreate, is referred to as "The Tattoo". There's some really cool Tattoo stuff that will probably make it into the Concept Art reward.
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

cyseal
Acolyte
Posts: 80
Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 10:56 am

Re: Fanart of Ninth world

Post by cyseal » June 10th, 2016, 1:54 am

Still working on pentagon symbol...

This is stylized view of the Sorrow as some kind of cosmic being.
Image

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fanart of Ninth world

Post by anonymous6059 » June 10th, 2016, 5:06 am

Here is the best version of the Tattoo that I could put together. Just having this cleaned up and slapped on a black background with a few circuits running through it would make me very happy. I will try to make this happen, but it will take me a few weeks since I suck at being artsy. Something interesting would be turning the tattoo into a processor on a motherboard. If you look along the edges you will notice that the tattoo seems to be a type of computer component? Can someone verify that the ridges along the bottom of the Tattoo are related to computer components please.
Image
This is what I'm hoping to make:
Image
Maybe mixing it with this kind of background:
Image

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fanart of Ninth world

Post by anonymous6059 » June 10th, 2016, 5:20 am

Also, I think Inxile needs to decide on a font. Planescape used https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exocet_(typeface)
TToN needs a font that stands out but is still legible. Not used for actual game text btw. Just for concept art, the upcoming supplement, and other advertisments. I'd like to see some artwork along these lines at some point. Something more technical and futuristic would probably be most appropriate. Here are some fonts that I would consider:
http://www.fontspace.com/billy-argel/ledlight
http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/telemarines.htm
http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/Flipside.htm
Image
Image

cyseal
Acolyte
Posts: 80
Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 10:56 am

Re: Fanart of Ninth world

Post by cyseal » June 10th, 2016, 6:54 am

anonymous6059 wrote:Here is the best version of the Tattoo that I could put together. Just having this cleaned up and slapped on a black background with a few circuits running through it would make me very happy. I will try to make this happen, but it will take me a few weeks since I suck at being artsy. Something interesting would be turning the tattoo into a processor on a motherboard. If you look along the edges you will notice that the tattoo seems to be a type of computer component? Can someone verify that the ridges along the bottom of the Tattoo are related to computer components please.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fbi ... o.png?dl=0
I could do that. I was thinking to add motherboard pattern on pentahedron (3D object) and some organical shapes from the sides without it. Ok?

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fanart of Ninth world

Post by anonymous6059 » June 10th, 2016, 6:59 am

cyseal wrote:
anonymous6059 wrote:Here is the best version of the Tattoo that I could put together. Just having this cleaned up and slapped on a black background with a few circuits running through it would make me very happy. I will try to make this happen, but it will take me a few weeks since I suck at being artsy. Something interesting would be turning the tattoo into a processor on a motherboard. If you look along the edges you will notice that the tattoo seems to be a type of computer component? Can someone verify that the ridges along the bottom of the Tattoo are related to computer components please.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fbi ... o.png?dl=0
I could do that. I was thinking to add motherboard pattern on pentahedron (3D object) and some organical shapes from the sides without it. Ok?
Sounds great. Thanks for putting the time and energy into it. I'll keep trying to give help where I can. Good luck.
Also, if you can think of any specific chore I should do to lighten the load let me know. Otherwise, I'll be scouting for better versions of the pentahedron tattoo.

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fanart of Ninth world

Post by anonymous6059 » June 10th, 2016, 8:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRHxEsNYAuU
Found this new trailer a few minutes ago. Is that Matkina in the reflection?
Image

cyseal
Acolyte
Posts: 80
Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 10:56 am

Re: Fanart of Ninth world

Post by cyseal » June 10th, 2016, 10:01 am

I just saw teaser trailer and this is anything alike but nevertheless here you go anonymous.
This is proof that if you don't visualize, ideas are miles away.

Image
Last edited by cyseal on June 10th, 2016, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fanart of Ninth world

Post by anonymous6059 » June 10th, 2016, 10:38 am

cyseal wrote:I just saw teaser trailer and this is not anything alike but nevertheless here you go anonymous.
This is proof that if you don't visualize, ideas are miles away.
Admittedly not in the same vein I'd imagined. Still, you are quite talented. I have no clue how you are doing that. I do like some of your ideas here.
sear wrote:
MODS!!!! I want a contest!!! Can we have a contest for the best fanart or song or something??? The Judge can be you or whichever Developer wouldn't mind. Can we please have a contest for a poster or a Tshirt for who can make the best art? I think Sear is in charge of advertisement and Customer relations or some such business. Set a contest or two between now and the release date. Please? Might be a good way to keep our minds off the fact that we have another 6 month wait ahead. We have some talented gamers you'd be surprised what we can do.

Now that I'm think about it. Why exactly don't they make one for the best Torment short story too? That would be the most relevent. You could promise to add the story somewhere... or if its too late for that you could just promise a Tshirt. Don't be scurred a meh righten skilz.

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fan art of Ninth world

Post by anonymous6059 » June 11th, 2016, 7:31 am

Wallpaper1
Image

cyseal
Acolyte
Posts: 80
Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 10:56 am

Re: Fan art of Ninth world

Post by cyseal » June 11th, 2016, 7:59 am

Nice, how did you make mazelike texture on this shape?
I'm making it 3d but I struggle with this texture.

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fan art of Ninth world

Post by anonymous6059 » June 11th, 2016, 8:12 am

cyseal wrote:
Nice, how did you make mazelike texture on this shape?
I'm making it 3d but I struggle with this texture.
Honestly I don't know how I'm doing it... I'm watching some 9 year old on youtube explaining how Gimp works... :(
here is the best copy of the Tattoo I could make. Maybe that will help you out. I'm honestly just persistent. I'll pound away on this keyboard until something happens. Still trying to learn how to just clean this up some. The edges just look horrible. Don't worry give me a few weeks and I'll make something kind of worthy of being a wallpaper.
Image

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fan art of Ninth world

Post by anonymous6059 » June 19th, 2016, 4:24 am

Still slowly working on the tattoo. Here is my latest attempt at remaking it from the various sources I've found.
Image

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Re: Fan art of Ninth world

Post by Sithwist » June 19th, 2016, 3:22 pm

anonymous6059 wrote:Still slowly working on the tattoo. Here is my latest attempt at remaking it from the various sources I've found.
So I took a screenshot of the tattoo on the loading screen in the game:
Image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/95fgy7xa3c2n3 ... o.jpg?dl=0
And traced it in Illustrator to make a vector out of it:
Image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu3l1o7ipny4s ... o.png?dl=0
Made a few wallpapers:
Image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bckdpo8fc0o9y ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1r9o629uf07ua ... 2.jpg?dl=0
Image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1m3scmwuyfi53 ... 3.jpg?dl=0
Is this the kind of thing you had in mind?

Edit: Hmm don't know why the images aren't showing. Follow the links above if you can't see them.
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fan art of Ninth world

Post by anonymous6059 » June 20th, 2016, 3:59 am

Sithwist wrote: Is this the kind of thing you had in mind?
You are my hero. I Seriously owe you for doing this for us. If you are still interested in making different variations I'd suggest possible textures, perhaps. I haven't the slightest clue how to go about doing this myself, but I'd wanted to try to make one with old dirty paper like patterns. Dirty yellows, browns, or rust metal colors. Inserting the official TToN title is a must as well. Here is something along the lines that I would love to see done at some point. The tattoo ensconced in flames, flesh, or gears would all seem very thematic. Though just what you've already done has helped tremendously.

Image

User avatar
anonymous6059
Adventurer
Posts: 785
Joined: January 5th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Re: Fan art of Ninth world

Post by anonymous6059 » June 20th, 2016, 12:16 pm

I was able to make this one thanks to the help of Sithwist. Now I just need to find a clean copy of the logo to add to it and my minimalist wallpapers will be perfect!
Image

User avatar
Sithwist
Acolyte
Posts: 79
Joined: February 27th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Re: Fan art of Ninth world

Post by Sithwist » June 20th, 2016, 1:48 pm

anonymous6059 wrote:I was able to make this one thanks to the help of Sithwist. Now I just need to find a clean copy of the logo to add to it and my minimalist wallpapers will be perfect!
I thought we should probably stop hijacking the Ninth World fan art thread, so I created one for T:ToN wallpapers over here.
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

User avatar
Firkraag
Adventurer
Posts: 650
Joined: October 28th, 2014, 8:49 am
Location: Ukraine, Kharkiv
Contact:

Re: Fan art of Ninth world

Post by Firkraag » August 1st, 2016, 11:26 am

"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

cyseal
Acolyte
Posts: 80
Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 10:56 am

Re: Fan art of Ninth world

Post by cyseal » August 1st, 2016, 7:01 pm

Firkraag wrote:http://imaginaria.ru/p/torment-karta.html#comment187555

Look up the map, Markon did! :)
What do I need to look for ?

User avatar
sear
Developer
Posts: 2486
Joined: March 21st, 2012, 8:30 am

Re: Fanart of Ninth world

Post by sear » August 2nd, 2016, 8:25 am

anonymous6059 wrote:Also, I think Inxile needs to decide on a font. Planescape used https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exocet_(typeface)
TToN needs a font that stands out but is still legible.
Cinzel is used in-game for titles and headers - https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Cinzel

Titles and sub-headers use Quattrocentro (very similar to Septimus) - https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Quattrocento

The in-game text for conversation, etc. uses Quattrocentro Sans - https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Quattrocento+Sans

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests