Fan art of Ninth world

Community created content (fanart, fanfictions) for Torment: Tides of Numenera (Numenera art/fiction also welcome).

Moderator: Memovira Goons

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Re: Fanart of Ninth world

Post by anonymous6059 » June 6th, 2016, 9:01 am

Request: Will someone please make wallpapers of the TToN pentagon symbol? Just a white symbol on a black background would be great.

Similar to the old Planescape Torment one:

GavinJF
Developer

Post by GavinJF » June 6th, 2016, 9:24 am

cyseal wrote:
tonurics wrote:It's like you raided our concept art folder when no one was looking. ;)
:)
Inspired by https://cdn.inxile-entertainment.com/to ... 60x760.jpg
I made this. Black goo is still going up in Sagus :)

Numenera relic powering up near the Sagus cliffs

That thing looks totally safe and we should all touch it immediately.

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » June 6th, 2016, 10:13 am

GavinJF wrote:That thing looks totally safe and we should all touch it immediately.
All hail Hypnotoad!
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

cyseal
Acolyte

Post by cyseal » June 7th, 2016, 6:29 am

anonymous6059 wrote:Request: Will someone please make wallpapers of the TToN pentagon symbol? Just a white symbol on a black background would be great.
http://orig03.deviantart.net/dabc/f/200 ... ignuke.png
I will try.
What does TToN symbol look like ? Do you have some reference ?

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » June 7th, 2016, 7:36 am

cyseal wrote:
anonymous6059 wrote:Request: Will someone please make wallpapers of the TToN pentagon symbol? Just a white symbol on a black background would be great.
http://orig03.deviantart.net/dabc/f/200 ... ignuke.png
I will try.
What does TToN symbol look like ? Do you have some reference ?
That is a very good point. I don't know why but they seem to be down playing the symbol. Personally I don't think its as cool as the planescape one, but its not terrible either. If they'd put a little effort into it it could be pretty great. You can see it vaguely when the beta is at the loading screen. With that said here's what I've found so far. Its just the outline with none of the detail of the one from the start up screen. I'll keep looking and see what I can find.

cyseal
Acolyte

Post by cyseal » June 7th, 2016, 7:59 am

Ok. Suggestion: why don't we make our fan based one?

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » June 7th, 2016, 8:06 am

cyseal wrote:Ok. Suggestion: why don't we make our fan based one?
That sounds great to me. I had considered doing it myself. I just was hoping that someone with more skillz then myself might be willing to try. I know very little about photoshop, but I do feel like I could help in various ways. Anyway, yeah I was thinking something minimalist like the planescape one above. Then again I'm a fan of minimalist wallpapers... Just a plain black background with a white outlined symbol would be a great starting point. Then we could add some intricate details perhaps. If you look at the game's loading screen you will notice something similar to a filigree pattern that almost looks organic, like vines maybe. Honestly I'd just be happy to see anything. I'm a little disappointed that by the lack of fanart that I've seen. Not that the stuff on this thread isn't cool. I had just imagined someone would of hand drawn Matkina by now or something like that.

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » June 7th, 2016, 8:39 am

I also just realized that Inxile could get really upset if I decided to upload my version of Matkina. If someone would say its okay I'd upload it for fans, but I'm way to paranoid that I'd lose my account now that I think about it. You'd think Inxile would be happy to have the free publicity but you never know these days. https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2010/05 ... copyright/

So try to let me know Mods cause I'm honestly not sure if we are even allowed to make fan art.

vv221
Forum Moderator

Post by vv221 » June 7th, 2016, 10:36 am

anonymous6059 wrote:I'm honestly not sure if we are even allowed to make fan art.
This section of the forum *is* dedicated to fan art :P

cyseal
Acolyte

Post by cyseal » June 7th, 2016, 10:55 am

vv221 wrote: This section of the forum *is* dedicated to fan art :P
:D
anonymous6059 wrote:I also just realized that Inxile could get really upset if I decided to upload my version of Matkina. If someone would say its okay I'd upload it for fans, but I'm way to paranoid that I'd lose my account now that I think about it. You'd think Inxile would be happy to have the free publicity but you never know these days. https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2010/05 ... copyright/
I think if you don't charge your fan art you won't have any problems.
GavinJF wrote: That thing looks totally safe and we should all touch it immediately.
Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?
anonymous6059 wrote:Anyway, yeah I was thinking something minimalist like the planescape one above. Then again I'm a fan of minimalist wallpapers... Just a plain black background with a white outlined symbol would be a great starting point. Then we could add some intricate details perhaps. If you look at the game's loading screen you will notice something similar to a filigree pattern that almost looks organic, like vines maybe.
Gonna use my free time to make this happen. :) Remind me what does this abstract organic shapes represent. Are they ornaments or something more esoteric?

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » June 7th, 2016, 11:29 am

cyseal wrote: Gonna use my free time to make this happen. :) Remind me what does this abstract organic shapes represent. Are they ornaments or something more esoteric?
I think its mostly ornamental to be honest. I do think that the pentagon opens up and reveals gears or something on the inside, but I could be making that up. I didn't realize it until you mentioned it, but I can't find much info on it at all. I guess it would be best to just stick with the outline until someone fills us in on what it exactly looks like. To be honest It just dawned on me today that they picked a pentagon specifically because it has 5 sides, 5 tides. Yeah, pretty sad that didn't register a long time ago.

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » June 7th, 2016, 12:15 pm

anonymous6059 wrote:I also just realized that Inxile could get really upset if I decided to upload my version of Matkina. If someone would say its okay I'd upload it for fans, but I'm way to paranoid that I'd lose my account now that I think about it. You'd think Inxile would be happy to have the free publicity but you never know these days. https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2010/05 ... copyright/

So try to let me know Mods cause I'm honestly not sure if we are even allowed to make fan art.
I wouldn't worry, we are fan art friendly and so is MCG. ;)

But if you want to create something for commercial reasons: you should write into support and ask about it first. Sometimes we license things from others, and might not be the ones able to give you permission.
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » June 7th, 2016, 12:23 pm

tonurics wrote:

I wouldn't worry, we are fan art friendly and so is MCG. ;)

But if you want to create something for commercial reasons: you should write into support and ask about it first. Sometimes we license things from others, and might not be the ones able to give you permission.
Okay. Well, I'll take your word on it then and share my extremely ugly rendition of the first first castoff. I just wanted to make something like this as a wallpaper, but I suck horribly at it.
If someone could make something like this with a black background that would be awesome. Maybe different variations of the face behind the mask instead of no face would be interesting as well. I just wasn't able to remake the meat face very well.

I was basically wanting to make a set of wallpapers that looked like the poster advertisement. Just minimalist and simple versions of some of the concept art.
Maybe someone could take the mask that the first castoff wears and remake it like this:

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » June 7th, 2016, 3:00 pm

Here's some "fan art" for your cause. ;)

This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » June 7th, 2016, 3:09 pm

tonurics wrote:Here's some "fan art" for your cause. ;)
You seriously have no clue how happy this just made me. :D
I'm plastering this on EVERYTHING!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!

cyseal
Acolyte

Post by cyseal » June 8th, 2016, 11:16 am

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » June 8th, 2016, 1:24 pm

@Cyseal

Here I did my best to recreate the symbol. Maybe you can do something with this, maybe not. Sorry I'm not able to do anything more to contribute. I know it looks like a 5 year old made it, but I'm trying. I'll brush up on GIMP and try to help out some more soon. I can't promise this is what the symbol even looks like exactly. Like I said its really hard to get an exact copy of its shape. Almost like they are trying to hide it or something. Anyway, I think that it is supposed to seem organic with a filigree pattern. The inside I think irises open revealing gears, but again I don't know why I think that is anymore.

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » June 8th, 2016, 1:40 pm

tonurics wrote:Here's some "fan art" for your cause. ;)

Been going around all day saying that a developer personally made these just for me. Shhhhhh no one has to know better. ;)

cyseal
Acolyte

Post by cyseal » June 8th, 2016, 1:45 pm

anonymous6059 wrote:Here I did my best to recreate the symbol. Maybe you can do something with this, maybe not. Sorry I'm not able to do anything more to contribute. I know it looks like a 5 year old made it, but I'm trying. I'll brush up on GIMP and try to help out some more soon. I can't promise this is what the symbol even looks like exactly. Like I said its really hard to get an exact copy of its shape. Almost like they are trying to hide it or something. Anyway, I think that it is supposed to seem organic with a filigree pattern. The inside I think irises open revealing gears, but again I don't know why I think that is anymore.
Should I make it as close as possible to these shapes or do you want me to go wild with it,
that is, some iteration of these symbols?

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » June 8th, 2016, 1:53 pm

cyseal wrote:
anonymous6059 wrote:Here I did my best to recreate the symbol. Maybe you can do something with this, maybe not. Sorry I'm not able to do anything more to contribute. I know it looks like a 5 year old made it, but I'm trying. I'll brush up on GIMP and try to help out some more soon. I can't promise this is what the symbol even looks like exactly. Like I said its really hard to get an exact copy of its shape. Almost like they are trying to hide it or something. Anyway, I think that it is supposed to seem organic with a filigree pattern. The inside I think irises open revealing gears, but again I don't know why I think that is anymore.
Should I make it as close as possible to these shapes or do you want me to go wild with it,
that is, some iteration of these symbols?
I'd start off simple. Add a few vines or whatever those things are that are coming off the pentagon. Most of the shape would need to be corrected. I was only able to give an approximation of its actual shape. Open the thing up a bit to reveal gears or perhaps 5 lights? Then if you still want you could go all the way and start adding rust, extra details, or whatever you'd like. I'd love to see various versions of it. I think something that crosses organic and mechanic would be most appropriate. You could really make something that is remembered for a long time. Maybe toss in the phrase "what does one life matter" along the inside of the pentagon. I linked a wallpaper below you might use for inspiration. I don't know what exactly you can call the style presented below. I'd say its minimalist (only cause I learned that word recently) , but whatever it is I like it. I like it a lot. Hell, someone might even get something you make tattooed one night while they are drunk ;)