YouTube TToN coverage

Community created content (fanart, fanfictions) for Torment: Tides of Numenera (Numenera art/fiction also welcome).

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Ashenrohk
Initiate

YouTube TToN coverage

Post by Ashenrohk » October 11th, 2015, 7:10 am

Hey folks,

I've started doing some videos on YouTube about Torment, here's the first one covering the Crisis Gameplay, all feedback appreciated or anything you want me to discuss :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ5_frWoFNc

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Re: YouTube TToN coverage

Post by Lord of Riva » October 11th, 2015, 8:54 am

watched your vid, i actually never realised that there are details shown if you hover over the task difficulty, thats a good thing.

there is actually one issue shown that irritated me, if you watch your vid, before you speak with quarro you will see that talking to him takes an occult action but it is possible , the attack however is shown as not available after the move, maybe interesting for the devs.

the details about what each fettle does is shown if you hover over the "aarow" symbols (or as i could see in your video if you mouse over the character portraits on the bottom) interesting observation about the Knockdown, i thought it costed you the occult action (so you only had the simple action.)
but this doesnt seem to be the case, maybe its just an asset for the NPc attacking you.

Also i didnt know that you can actually fire behind your range (at a modification) due to how the range is shown its not easily visible when you are still in range or not, and it would explain why i had some issues with hitting as well. Interesting was also that the Nano(?) could shoot trhough the wall while you could not, i also mentioned in my feedback that no "obstacle" indicator is shown, i dont thing making the cursor red is enough to communicate this (although you seemed to have understood it).

The transition on your "death" was pretty abrupt and felt "raw" i hope to see that improved as well.

some feedback on your video:

your Voice is good and its easy to listen too was informative as well (although i played C0 as well, i thought it was pretty well done for newcomers) however two things:

1. What exactly did you try to accomplish with the cut in the middle? instead of cutting content (because its boring, which kinda is a problewm on this alpha test) you could have used more skills, like the phase ability or the cipher the castoff has etc.

2. you never showed the interaction with the 2 devices in the arnea, this could have been interesting for people without alpha access.

ar_xiv
Novice

Post by ar_xiv » October 14th, 2015, 10:14 am

Excellent! I enjoyed this quite a bit. Usually try to avoid youtube gameplay vids with narration, but this was very informative compared to without. I hadn't seen that death scene yet... Still so stoked for this.

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » October 14th, 2015, 2:38 pm

Maybe, it's entirely wrong thread to say this, but as I'm not a part of Alpha... I'm curious about this scene, though. What prevents protagonists from jumping into water. Even if they can't jump across abyss, water seems clear enough to be a decent route, not?

Other thing, that puzzled me: it is really that nessessary to be right before someone to speak with them in combat situation? Counldn't you just intimidate/taunt/persuade someone from afar, standing thirty feets away? Based on distance certain kinds of social actions can be impossible to pull of. Like intimidating someone with your size is only works, when you're close to person you're intimidating. But, intimidating someone with what you are can may work as well in ten or thirty paces away. It matters only, if you could be understood at all.
So I don't get this 'move to talk' decision.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

Lord of Riva
Adventurer

Post by Lord of Riva » October 14th, 2015, 11:57 pm

Firkraag wrote:Maybe, it's entirely wrong thread to say this, but as I'm not a part of Alpha... I'm curious about this scene, though. What prevents protagonists from jumping into water. Even if they can't jump across abyss, water seems clear enough to be a decent route, not?

Other thing, that puzzled me: it is really that nessessary to be right before someone to speak with them in combat situation? Counldn't you just intimidate/taunt/persuade someone from afar, standing thirty feets away? Based on distance certain kinds of social actions can be impossible to pull of. Like intimidating someone with your size is only works, when you're close to person you're intimidating. But, intimidating someone with what you are can may work as well in ten or thirty paces away. It matters only, if you could be understood at all.
So I don't get this 'move to talk' decision.
that are actually very good points. cant you still opt in for the alpha though?

while i understand that people may not want be spoilered the alpha tests are incredibly harmless regarding that. And i fear we may need a lot of feedback, mostly on C0

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » October 15th, 2015, 12:34 am

I don't have a password to Alpha forum section, if you're about that, sorry.

I just hope, someone would read it here.

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » October 15th, 2015, 7:28 am

And one more thing. I don't know about everyone, maybe it's a temporary feature anyway, but when you have circles and dots all over the screen while you're moving your cusror to observe NPCs and things on battle map is a bit distracting (to me)... I can't remember right now, how that particular part of UI made in recent isometric RPGs, but devs can make it pulsing from bright to transparent or something to not be very distracting (especially, few Crises after, when you can tell distances blindfolded). Or whichever way possible.

Um. Just wanted to mention it...

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » October 15th, 2015, 7:48 am

Firkraag wrote:I don't have a password to Alpha forum section, if you're about that, sorry.

I just hope, someone would read it here.
Of course, we're reading.

And enjoyed the video!
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

ar_xiv
Novice

Post by ar_xiv » October 15th, 2015, 8:37 am

I agree that the neon circles and dots are slightly distracting. It's in line with the whole infinity engine / ToEE vibe, but.... meh? The dotted movement lines are a very nice feature, but perhaps they could be a bit more subtle? All of these graphics could be replaced with something a bit more textured and less geometric and diagrammatic. Like little occult-looking glyphs or glass bead things in place of circles and dots. For the larger circles that indicate range of movement or area of effect this obviously would be trickier, but I believe subtlety is the key here. Something that blends in with the world slightly more.

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » October 15th, 2015, 8:48 am

ar_xiv wrote:I believe subtlety is the key here. Something that blends in with the world slightly more.
this!11

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » October 15th, 2015, 8:50 am

Brother None wrote:Of course, we're reading.
Thanks.

Omeganian
Initiate

Post by Omeganian » January 18th, 2016, 9:48 am

My Alpha playthroughs in 4k resolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtAmWY4 ... GQzwNGtbBw

Omeganian
Initiate

Post by Omeganian » January 22nd, 2016, 11:24 am

Ranneko
Initiate

Post by Ranneko » August 10th, 2016, 4:05 am

I have started a second playthrough with the June beta, just up to a bit of clock repair. You could say that this character is a Strong Glaive Who Repairs Clocks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxnLh5i ... xGLMOFu_bz