Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Community created content (fanart, fanfictions) for Torment: Tides of Numenera (Numenera art/fiction also welcome).

Moderator: Memovira Goons

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Re: Fan-made T:ToN wallpapers

Postby anonymous6059 » June 23rd, 2016, 9:10 am

Sithwist wrote:The Real Bling Bling (or, not that puny cheap made-in-china thing up there)
Download: Logo | No Logo

The diamond in the center should change color depending on Tide attunement, btw. Kinda like a mood ring. But infinitely better.

So pretty, wait...I think it's broken mine is always set to Red Tide? I want a refund!!!! ;)
You've really outdone yourself on this one. Really wish Inxile would make a mood pendent version of this tattoo. I'd totally buy one and show it to all my nerd friends. Wonder if it is possible to make a mood ring that has blue, red, indigo, Gold, and Silver only... time to search google. [5 minutes later] nope, don't think you can make custom colored mood rings unfortunately. However, I did see that they do make LED mood like rings... That gives me a interesting Raspberry Pi project idea: The Torment Pi! :roll:

cyseal
Acolyte

Postby cyseal » June 23rd, 2016, 12:06 pm

anonymous6059 wrote:That gives me a interesting Raspberry Pi project idea: The Torment Pi! :roll:

:lol:

tonurics
Developer

Postby tonurics » June 24th, 2016, 12:46 pm

Great work on these! It's really impressive that you've made these without reusing any of the official art assets; that it makes them much more interesting. My favourite is the metal mesh one so far. ;)

Sithwist wrote:I like the flesh idea too, I'll try to see if I can figure out a way to do that, since "flesh/skin/guts/tendon wallpapers/textures" are hard to come by ready-made... Also, the NSA might flag me as a wannabe serial-killer-turned-cannibal googling stuff like that XD

I'm pretty sure half the office is on a government watch list due to Googling reference images for The Bloom. :lol:

anonymous6059 wrote:Plus, who doesn't like dark side of the moon? Here is a concept art for inspiration.

Storm Thorgerson, the graphic designer at Hipgnosis who did most of the Pink Floyd album covers [along with those for 10cc, Led Zeppelin, Wishbone Ash, etc.] is one of my all time favorite graphic artists. If you're a fan yourself, you should check out his book: Mind Over Matter: The Images of Pink Floyd
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Postby anonymous6059 » June 25th, 2016, 4:56 am

tonurics wrote:Great work on these! It's really impressive that you've made these without reusing any of the official art assets; that it makes them much more interesting. My favourite is the metal mesh one so far. ;)

Sithwist wrote:I like the flesh idea too, I'll try to see if I can figure out a way to do that, since "flesh/skin/guts/tendon wallpapers/textures" are hard to come by ready-made... Also, the NSA might flag me as a wannabe serial-killer-turned-cannibal googling stuff like that XD

I'm pretty sure half the office is on a government watch list due to Googling reference images for The Bloom. :lol:

anonymous6059 wrote:Plus, who doesn't like dark side of the moon? Here is a concept art for inspiration.

Storm Thorgerson, the graphic designer at Hipgnosis who did most of the Pink Floyd album covers [along with those for 10cc, Led Zeppelin, Wishbone Ash, etc.] is one of my all time favorite graphic artists. If you're a fan yourself, you should check out his book: Mind Over Matter: The Images of Pink Floyd

I'll have to keep an eye out for a copy of this book. The artwork does look inspiring and it would make for wonderful coffee table book. Another great artist that has already been mentioned elsewhere is Moebius. While Hipgnosis, Moebius, and Hieronymus Bosch are all good sources of the strange, there is one very specific book I'm surprised no one has ever mentioned here: The Codex Seraphinianus.

Anytime I start to have writer's block I immediately turn to this book for something truly weird.

Sithwist
Acolyte

Postby Sithwist » June 25th, 2016, 6:43 am

tonurics wrote:Great work on these! It's really impressive that you've made these without reusing any of the official art assets; that it makes them much more interesting. My favourite is the metal mesh one so far. ;)

Glad you like them :)
tonurics wrote:I'm pretty sure half the office is on a government watch list due to Googling reference images for The Bloom. :lol:

Hehe, you'll vouch for me right? :P

anonymous6059 wrote:However, I did see that they do make LED mood like rings... That gives me a interesting Raspberry Pi project idea: The Torment Pi! :roll:
I would so love to see that!
"Absence of Name = Absence of Identity = Absence of Purpose = Absence of Place in Multiverse = Null State = Lost." - Nordom, PS:T.
Prupose acquired: Working on Torment Wiki.

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Postby anonymous6059 » September 1st, 2016, 5:41 am

Children of the Endless Gate Wallpapers:
"Some people call the Children of the Endless Gate “death worshippers.” But the Children prefer to think of themselves as spirits trapped in flesh and believe it is the horror of their cage that pushes them to atrocity. They call themselves liberators and agents of freedom, and when they hunt the slums of the cities, they leave no evidence of their passing beyond a tracery in blood, the depiction of an ever-wet gate to a realm of pure spirit—and horror." -Torment: Tides of Numenera—The Explorer’s Guide Pg. 104

Zombra
Global Moderator

Postby Zombra » September 1st, 2016, 10:39 am

Some nice work here! The maze one is my favorite as well :)
Support multiple squads for single-player in Wasteland 3!
"I don't care about the mass market." Brian Fargo, May 2012
"We want to sell the most units." Brian Fargo, January 2017

Return to “TTON: Community Content”