Who wrote what?

For discussing Torment's story as it slowly gets unveiled, as well as discussing the game's setting. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

blackthronejr
Initiate

Who wrote what?

Post by blackthronejr » April 23rd, 2017, 1:52 pm

With all the stretch goals, there were a lot of different writers on the project, but most of them seemed to have moved after the initial designs were made, with new writers being brought on. I was just wondering what each writers contribution was, or did most of them just provide design feedback?

MRY
Novice

Re: Who wrote what?

Post by MRY » April 23rd, 2017, 7:57 pm

I only know a little bit, here's what I recall. It overstates my involvement because obviously I remember that better than what other people did. :D Anyway, there may be some errors here, but it can get the ball rolling.

Companions:
Erritis was principally Avellone, with help from Gavin.
Tybir was principally Nathan Long, with help from Gavin.
Rhin was principally Rothfuss, with help from Colin(?) or Gavin, can't remember.
Matkina was Colin.
Callistege was Leanne.
Aligern was Colin (I think).
Oom will be Mitsoda, with help from Gavin.

Meres:
Blue Tidal Mere ("puzzle-breaker"/mind-worms), Indigo (whale), Gold (dying "your grace"), Kholn Village, and Inifere were me.
Red Tidal Mere (Oasis) was Adam. So, I think, was Ossiphagan (the one where you meet Mazzof).
Silver Tidal Mere (Endless Battle with the priest) was Nathan, and so I think was the one where you are going through a dungeon, and the one with the Haref.
The Moon one was Colin.

Other Characters:
The Sorrow was Colin, so was the Genocide and Blob of Three.
Inifere was me, so were the Council Clerk, the three philethis, and Loyhan Stolls.
Sn'erf was Gavin.

Obelisks:
The RPG Codex one (with incline/decline) was Colin.
Minecraft, Ouya, the nodule in the Bloom, and the crazy colors one were mine. I can't really remember them all that well.

Other:
Intro was Colin, so were the characters in the Third Eye.
I did the death slides.
Adam did the ending slides.
Writer on Torment: Tides of Numenera
Writer / Designer on Primordia

My posts express my own views, not those of inXile Entertainment or Wormwood Studios.

blackthronejr
Initiate

Post by blackthronejr » April 24th, 2017, 7:50 am

Thanks so much for the response. I really enjoyed Inifere!

MRY
Novice

Post by MRY » April 24th, 2017, 9:20 pm

Thanks!
Writer on Torment: Tides of Numenera
Writer / Designer on Primordia

My posts express my own views, not those of inXile Entertainment or Wormwood Studios.