Killed Tol Maguur, Want Tidal Affinity Skill

For discussing Torment's story as it slowly gets unveiled, as well as discussing the game's setting. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

H-Business
Initiate

Killed Tol Maguur, Want Tidal Affinity Skill

Post by H-Business » March 4th, 2017, 9:46 am

I killed Tol Maguur. The narrative afterward led me to believe that she would revive after some time had passed if I don't screw with her dead body, but I didn't, and she hasn't. Is there a way to get her to revive? Is there any other way to get the Tidal Affinity Skill? It seems to me that this ability is too important to be missable.

Colin McComb
Developer

Re: Killed Tol Maguur, Want Tidal Affinity Skill

Post by Colin McComb » March 4th, 2017, 1:41 pm

Have you slept in the time between? Trying to remember what the timeframe is for revival and it's not coming to me, but that might be one way to check.

If she's dead-dead, then you can pick it up in Miel Avest.

H-Business
Initiate

Post by H-Business » March 7th, 2017, 7:25 am

Thanks for getting back! I slept 4 times, but only after finishing every quest I could find in Sagus Cliffs. I avoided sleeping early on, being warned that events may progress without me. After each rest attempt I checked her corpse, but didn't find her revived. I decided to move on, rather than restart, so I'm pleased to hear that I'll get another chance to get this in Miel Avest.

P.S. Colin, I'm super impressed, and grateful, that you took the time to get back to me yourself. Please tell your team, "Thanks for a great game!"

Colin McComb
Developer

Post by Colin McComb » March 7th, 2017, 8:25 am

You'll also find someone else in the Bloom, but I don't want to spoil anything beyond that. :)

And thank you!

Valrog
Novice

Post by Valrog » April 26th, 2017, 10:03 am

I confirmed that once you kill Tol Maguur, she never respawns. it doesn't seem to have been implemented.

I tried all options after killing her, including leaving the body alone.

I also tried resting on the same map, leaving the map and returning, resting on another map and returning, going to the Labyrinth and returning, leaving the computer on overnight, saving and reloading (because I saw Oddwald return to the tomb after reloading), looting her corpse and not looting her corpse.

In all cases, she never respawns.

I'm parallelly playing a pacifist path and a combat path. I really want to kill her on the combat path because she had enslaved my character's adopted daughter and even insulted him on top of that (he's following the Silver and Red Dominant Tides, and, thus, would definitely not stand for it).

Could you please tell me who's the character in Mel Aviest who gives you the Tidal Affinity skill? I'm guessing it's Melmoth.

Also, I know that you can get a second level of the Tidal Affinity skill, which is needed for more difficult Tidal Surge actions. I hope that any two (i.e., Mel Aviest and Bloom) would do, so killing Tol Maguur would not prevent me from getting both levels. Could anybody please confirm this?

P.S. I put a spoiler tag around you-know-who's name. The information appears without a spoiler tag to me on the generated post, though. I hope the spoiler warning is correctly put.
Last edited by Valrog on April 26th, 2017, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valrog
Novice

Post by Valrog » April 26th, 2017, 11:48 am

Okay, I did a speed run with my combat character. I got to Mel Aviest and confirmed that you get the first one there, and the second in the Bloom.

Tomorrow, I'm reloading and hacking Tol Maguur's body (I won't be content with just carving an insult or threat anymore, after all the reloading her bug made me do :lol: