Tybir good ending?

For discussing Torment's story as it slowly gets unveiled, as well as discussing the game's setting. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Umaro
Initiate

Tybir good ending?

Post by Umaro » March 2nd, 2017, 1:27 pm

Is there a way to get an ending for Tybir that isn't depressing? How? (There's a Steam achievement that shows 2 rings so I'm guessing there is). His ex was already dead by the time I got to the Bloom. I think I slept like 3 times in the entire game if that has anything to do with it.

GavinJF
Developer

Re: Tybir good ending?

Post by GavinJF » March 2nd, 2017, 2:39 pm

I'm gonna message you because I'm planning on being specific!

Chaplain
Initiate

Post by Chaplain » March 5th, 2017, 1:07 pm

Umaro wrote:Is there a way to get an ending for Tybir that isn't depressing? How? (There's a Steam achievement that shows 2 rings so I'm guessing there is). His ex was already dead by the time I got to the Bloom. I think I slept like 3 times in the entire game if that has anything to do with it.
Yes,there absolutely is. Consider a path of goodness and moderation for the wayward rogue...

fgalkin
Initiate

Post by fgalkin » March 7th, 2017, 2:38 pm

Could someone post the solution here with spoiler tags so others can see it? Thanks?

LucidSeraph
Initiate

Post by LucidSeraph » March 9th, 2017, 10:37 am

Yes, please do! Do you need to have him in the party for the endgame or something? I don't know what to do to help him :(

*edit* Similarly, how do I get EITHER of Callistege's endings?

Again, I had neither of these characters in my party for the final part of the Labyrinth. Do you need to have them there to get their endings?

The Millionth One
Initiate

Post by The Millionth One » March 9th, 2017, 6:31 pm

That's right. After completing his personal quest in the Bloom, you need to go help him in the Labyrinth (I don't know if you necessarily have to bring him with you after that, but you do have to bring him that far and help him snap out of the illusion).

LucidSeraph
Initiate

Post by LucidSeraph » March 10th, 2017, 7:33 am

The Millionth One wrote:That's right. After completing his personal quest in the Bloom, you need to go help him in the Labyrinth (I don't know if you necessarily have to bring him with you after that, but you do have to bring him that far and help him snap out of the illusion).
Can you bring him in via the Bronze Sphere or does he have to be in your party from the start?

Hawke64
Novice

Post by Hawke64 » March 19th, 2017, 10:14 am

If it's still relevant, you need just to resolve Tybir's quest in the Bloom without anyone dying (i.e. no revenge), talk to him and to bring him to Memovira's Fortress. Then to talk to him in the Labyrinth. The achievement unlocks after the dialogue.

Madscientist
Initiate

Post by Madscientist » May 17th, 2017, 6:03 am

How do I finish tybirs quest?
He was in my party all the time. When I enter the bloom, Dracogen tells me that his lover can be found in little nilesh. I walked through the entire bloom without sleeping, but I could not find anyone for this quest. I did rest several times before I entered the bloom.
I tried to talk to everybody and interact with everything in this game and this quest was the only one I could not finish.

Hawke64
Novice

Post by Hawke64 » May 17th, 2017, 6:59 pm

Madscientist wrote:
May 17th, 2017, 6:03 am
How do I finish tybirs quest?
He was in my party all the time. When I enter the bloom, Dracogen tells me that his lover can be found in little nilesh. I walked through the entire bloom without sleeping, but I could not find anyone for this quest. I did rest several times before I entered the bloom.
I tried to talk to everybody and interact with everything in this game and this quest was the only one I could not finish.
I think, the player needs to talk to Tybir, while in LN, to get information on who is wearing the ring at that moment, then to the NPC described (I don't remember his name, it's the old man who teaches how to find useful items in trash).