Stay of Execution quest consequences

For discussing Torment's story, setting, and characters. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

matth
Initiate

Stay of Execution quest consequences

Post by matth »

Hello,
In this quest one has the option to forge papers or get the crowd to stop the execution. The former option has the nice advantage of more coin. The second option is kind of appealing in the idea of changing people's attitude towards the execution. I have read up on it that Ris will want revenge anyway.

But I have wondered if the crowd solution has any consequences either in the population of the city or the city guard (antagonising the player)? If not (or if only the latter), then forging papers and taking more money seems frankly more appealing.
matth
Initiate

Re: Stay of Execution quest consequences

Post by matth »

Then I guess there are no such consequences.
Shoitaan
Initiate

Post by Shoitaan »

I chose the crowd option and I never had any negative repercussions during my stay in the city.
AnimalUSMC
Initiate

Post by AnimalUSMC »

I used the paper one and he never came after me even though he claimed he would.

Side note: before staying the execution, when upstage, try to stop it and it"ll kill you. When you wake up, you will be where the eaters of the dead are. You can let them eat you for shins and an artifact.

Edit: I beat the game, and he still never came after me. Hope that helps.
matth
Initiate

Post by matth »

Okay, thanks, but it doesn't have any social or ideological effect on the population of the city, does it?
Last edited by matth on March 5th, 2017, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abdullah
Initiate

Post by Abdullah »

That's the most disappointing quest for me.

I talked to 4 people in the crowd, convinced them to stand against the execution and expected a bloody fight between levies and my people. But no, they just stopped the execution and simply walked away!
The overseer tells you that he knows what you did, but there are zero consequences, not being chased by levies, not losing faction rep(oh wait...).. Absolutely nothing.
Confusion
Initiate

Post by Confusion »

Are there consequences to not finishing this quest? I am in a situation where the only thing that can help me is a favor of a member of the council, but I don't think I can get one anymore, so I think poor Ris is doomed.
dmuser
Initiate

Post by dmuser »

I think I have the same problem. If you screw up all 3 of the possible solutions through failed checks, or by completing other quests in ways that lose you options in this one you can never complete it.

All they would have to do is let you repeat the persuasion on the 4 spectators to make the quest solvable no matter what, rather than subject to RNG whims.

Return to “TTON: Story Discussion”