Finding your way

For discussing Torment's story as it slowly gets unveiled, as well as discussing the game's setting. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

rackhound
Initiate

Finding your way

Post by rackhound » March 11th, 2016, 8:26 am

I had a hard time finding my way around the map and returning to places and people who I bumped into while trying to find my way around. Would love a way to find areas and people more easily. maybe some sort of quest guidance where you select what quest you want to work on and are guided in the direction or to the area where said quest goal is located. I found myself wandering around not being able to relocate or locate people and places I had been to while working on something else way to often.

monocle
Acolyte

Re: Finding your way

Post by monocle » March 11th, 2016, 9:33 am

welcome to oldschool style, pal. No quest markers as it should be.
Javascript, Java, C#, numerous frameworks and design patterns, my spellbook is quite heavy.

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » March 11th, 2016, 10:27 am

I"VE GOT AN IDEA!!!!
How about we put a giant exclamation above NPCs heads or make things even clearer by having the path highlighted for you!

Rackhound, I see you trollin.

Serdan
Initiate

Post by Serdan » March 12th, 2016, 10:44 pm

It's almost certain there'll be a journal you can write in, but I wouldn't mind BG2 style custom map markers. Quite useful those.

rackhound
Initiate

Post by rackhound » March 13th, 2016, 7:09 am

monocle wrote:welcome to oldschool style, pal. No quest markers as it should be.
anonymous6059 wrote:I"VE GOT AN IDEA!!!!
How about we put a giant exclamation above NPCs heads or make things even clearer by having the path highlighted for you!

Rackhound, I see you trollin.[/quote

I played the original it was one of my first games on a computer, and I loved it. also played the original fallout and loved that too. It was an honest suggestion and while I don't want to be told where to go, thought it would be nice to at least be able to look at the map and find an area without wondering aimlessly. If you don't agree say why. don't just insult me and call me a troll. I want this game to be the best it can be and id like to think anyone here does especially those who are giving there money to help make that happen.

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » March 13th, 2016, 8:46 am

rackhound wrote:
monocle wrote:welcome to oldschool style, pal. No quest markers as it should be.

I played the original it was one of my first games on a computer, and I loved it. also played the original fallout and loved that too. It was an honest suggestion and while I don't want to be told where to go, thought it would be nice to at least be able to look at the map and find an area without wondering aimlessly. If you don't agree say why. don't just insult me and call me a troll. I want this game to be the best it can be and id like to think anyone here does especially those who are giving there money to help make that happen.
I apologize. What I said wasn't very nice and I'm sorry If I offended you. I also want the game to be as good as it can be and I think that your point of view is valid. The map could use some work and I'm glad you've brought that up. I hope that you will accept my apology and I again I'm very sorry for the slight.

rackhound
Initiate

Post by rackhound » March 13th, 2016, 3:43 pm

anonymous6059 wrote:
rackhound wrote:

I apologize. What I said wasn't very nice and I'm sorry If I offended you. I also want the game to be as good as it can be and I think that your point of view is valid. The map could use some work and I'm glad you've brought that up. I hope that you will accept my apology and I again I'm very sorry for the slight.
apology accepted. Im hoping when they release this its the best it can be... Planescape was a great game and I'm hoping this is even better.