Completing the Prologue

For discussing Torment's story, setting, and characters. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Anaeme
Acolyte

Completing the Prologue

Post by Anaeme » February 5th, 2016, 1:12 pm

The developers have cleverly concealed juicy details of what happened during the TToN prologue such that no one set of choices will give you the full picture.

However I seek every last stubborn detail the prologue will offer...this is what I found.
Somehow the changing god was able to fashion a biological moon orbiting the earth to conceal himself from The Sorrow. This moon it appears was connected to his blood, and wove itself through his blood. This moon was somehow an extension of himself...was the moon alive?

When The Sorrow confronted him in this hideout it was unawares...So despite centuries of running he still did not realize the extent of the Sorrows reach

Unable to stop his adversary the Changing god started to flee...laughing with a mixture of exhiliraton and terror This makes me think the changing god is a little insane.

The Sorrow attacked the moon itself first, to deny the changing god concealment. As the walls collapsed utterly, the changing god jumped into a flesh colored escape tube. The sorrow then attacked again...

It seems the Sorrow's attacks had a green acid component, an impact component and a psychic component. It also seems the escape cocoon was relying on gravity not propulsion to bring it back to the earth.

The castoff is born halfway through the fall to earth. However where did the changing god go? was there a spare body in the escape pod?

If yoy have further details to fill in the gaps in this outline, please share

Firesnakearies
Scholar

Re: Completing the Prologue

Post by Firesnakearies » February 5th, 2016, 4:21 pm

I don't think the Changing God necessarily has to have a body physically present to switch into. I got the impression that his consciousness can just travel over any distance to another body. I imagined that he had a bunch of them stored up somewhere in a hidden lair or something.

On the other hand, I also have a weird theory that maybe the Last Castoff isn't actually a castoff at all, but is in fact the Changing God and has somehow lost his/her memory.

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » February 6th, 2016, 3:32 pm

Firesnakearies wrote:On the other hand, I also have a weird theory that maybe the Last Castoff isn't actually a castoff at all, but is in fact the Changing God and has somehow lost his/her memory.
I don't see why that's such a weird theory. it sounds pretty great! The last castoff having daddy/abandonment issues wasn't all that appealing to me. If it turns out that your the person you've been trying to find I think that would be a pretty awesome twist.

Anyway, It would make the most since too. Why exactly is it that most of the other shells get eaten up by the sorrow but you just so happen to not? Why would this god abandon the castoff's shell if it isn't damaged? Personally the whole story is really far out. I'd imagine that part of the reason that it's so confusing is that a major plot twist is involved, like the one you're suggesting.

anonymous6059
Adventurer

Post by anonymous6059 » February 6th, 2016, 3:44 pm

Anaeme wrote:Somehow the changing god was able to fashion a biological moon orbiting the earth to conceal himself from The Sorrow. This moon it appears was connected to his blood, and wove itself through his blood. This moon was somehow an extension of himself...was the moon alive?
Well, what do you mean by alive? Are you asking if it is sentient or if it is simply a organic organism? I have no clue personally but I'd imagine that it might be something in between. Hate to go off on a tangent but I always loved to say that the Flintstones was more futuristic then the Jetsons. Why? I've always felt that someday genetic engineering would eventually replace machinery, computers, pretty much everything. In the Flintstones everyone uses Dinosaurs and other creatures as technology. Similarly, imagine a future where a creature has been created which loves to eat calcium, silicon, aluminum, iron. Then it would poop out cement and use some appendage to smooth it out on the ground. It would actually of been created to have a specific purpose but more then that it would actually "desire" to do this type of activity. Being driven by its chemical combo the mad scientist gave it for a body. Of course, then those bs nanobots came about and ruined my dream.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? I really don't remember anymore.
[/quote]

JosephHan
Initiate

Post by JosephHan » February 16th, 2016, 9:11 pm

Interesting to know about! Weired theory but still eye catchy.