Not enough pictures in the Indigo Mere

For discussing Torment's story, setting, and characters. Ninth World discussions encouraged. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

prodigydancer
Scholar

Not enough pictures in the Indigo Mere

Post by prodigydancer » January 30th, 2016, 10:03 am

Just a quick comment on the Indigo Mere (aka the Whale). It's an outstanding text-based piece (many thanks to Mark Yohalem who wrote it!) but it really needs more illustrations to reach its full potential. At least 3-4 more to be on par with the Gold Mere.

sear
Developer

Re: Not enough pictures in the Indigo Mere

Post by sear » January 30th, 2016, 6:06 pm

Some of the art isn't in yet and some is still temp. You will potentially see more art and in a more finished state by the final game. :)

MRY
Novice

Post by MRY » January 30th, 2016, 7:29 pm

Thanks, prodigydancer! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I think we've got at least a couple more pictures planned -- my hope is that we'll be able to squeeze more in near the end, but it's a definite guns-or-butter situation: inXile's artists are working hard to make every part of the game beautiful, and a minute spent here is a minute missing there.
Writer on Torment: Tides of Numenera
Writer / Designer on Primordia

My posts express my own views, not those of inXile Entertainment or Wormwood Studios.

prodigydancer
Scholar

Post by prodigydancer » January 31st, 2016, 4:31 am

Thanks for replies and yes, I understand that your resources are limited and strained. Just voicing my opinion here.

P.S. I'd like to mention again that Meres are really elegant and exquisite. Unfortunately the rest of the game's writing (at least what I've seen so far) cannot measure up to them. Partially it's just my personal preferences, I know, but there are pieces that nobody in their right mind would deem praiseworthy. One of these days I'll write a long post full of harsh criticism, but if someone would ask me to provide an example right now, I wouldn't need to go very far to find one. In fact right from the onset the narrator hits the player on the head with "You won't survive a fall from this stratospheric height (a part of your frantic mind babbles that technically you probably fell from a thermospheric height)." This bit is voiced which suggests that it's passed the QA and is final. And if you guys think that such passages are good enough for a Torment game then I can only /sigh.

Anaeme
Acolyte

Post by Anaeme » January 31st, 2016, 6:43 am

Why is Mark Yohalem not on twitter?

MRY
Novice

Post by MRY » January 31st, 2016, 12:17 pm

My Twitter account is just the Wormwood Studios account: @wwsgames
Writer on Torment: Tides of Numenera
Writer / Designer on Primordia

My posts express my own views, not those of inXile Entertainment or Wormwood Studios.